Quot Capita: Majesty

I have great news. That annoying Crash to Desktop around the Renaiissnce era I believe I have fixed. I am currently in the industrial age with no problems, playing with the Revolution mod turned on as well.

I'm going to finish this game and then upload the new version if I'm correct.

Sweet! looking forward to it.... Well, if I ever get time to play that is, lol.

Could you post what you changed so I could see if it works with the crash I have? Certainly not afraid of diffing and editing some files :)

The crash was caused by a paradox in the art files. The modular civs, Armenia and Thailand both have onboard art styles for units which conflicted with the Variates Delectat art xml references.

You can look inside the ArtDefinesUnit xml in both Armenia and Thailand and eliminate the conflicting art references if you want.

But while I have fixed the art related crash, I can now confirm that playing with too many civs in one game also causes an unavoidable crash. In my game everything was fine until the number of civs reached a certain point. I tried loading, same issue.

So unfortunately what I said earlier about not playing with Revolutions turned on stays :(

I'm going to test one more time and make absolutely sure I'm right before uploading anything.

First of all, thanks alot for this mod. I like it alot :)

I tried another solution for the crash. Since there are a maximum amount of civs in revolution of 50, and there are 60 in total in this mod, I simply took away 12 civs from the custom civilizations map (including Thailand). I played for a while with revolution and barbarian civs and so far it seems to work. Anybody else that have tried this?

I simply removed them from the folder "custom civilizations" (located under assets/modules) and put them in another map (outside Quote Capita) for later use. When you start a new game you can see that the civs you removed are no longer selectable.

It seems to work but I should mention that I had one crash earliy in the game. However it was only once and I was lucky because it was just after I saved the game). It was no problem to continue the game after reloading it.

ok, so if I'm understanding this correctly, we need to make sure to have a limited number of civs, correct?

Yeah from what Bjorne points out the Revolution mod actually has a coded limit of 50 civs. My mod has about 60ish, however most of the added civilizations are modular, meaning you can plug and play(or unplug and play) whenever you want to play a game with revolutions on.

Please Bjorne let me know if you play a full game with the removed civs. If you do than clearly we have discovered the problem. I really do appreciate it btw.

What I may do if this is the case is set aside any excess civs in a seperate addon.

This mod is a work of art! QC has always been my favorite mod for CIV and I'm excited to see if in further development.

A couple notes:
-The game crashes every time I try to build a ManO'War
-The game crashes every time I go into WorldBuilder (not cheating I swear;))

Thankyou for your kind words.

Not sure about the worldbuilder thing, but I believe I know why the Man'o'War crashes. Sometimes Civ4 doesn't like button art for some odd reason and whenever you click to build something with the disliked button art it sends you to the desktop.

I will deal with this right away.

Next version is coming soon and if I'm right(testing so far indicates this) it will be relatively crash and bug free.

Yeah from what Bjorne points out the Revolution mod actually has a coded limit of 50 civs. My mod has about 60ish, however most of the added civilizations are modular, meaning you can plug and play(or unplug and play) whenever you want to play a game with revolutions on.

Please Bjorne let me know if you play a full game with the removed civs. If you do than clearly we have discovered the problem. I really do appreciate it btw.

What I may do if this is the case is set aside any excess civs in a seperate addon.

I will let you know as soon as I have played a full game. However, I work alot for the moment so it might take some time (I also play a very slow game with 2000 turns). I would like to know if somebody else manage to play a full game before Im done with my game :)

Got well into the Industrial age. Less than 50 civs(49), no art related bugs, and ran into a percistant crash with Revolutions(Barb Nation and Rev parts of Revolutions both were enabled).

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out this crash....

Still working on testing.

On another note though, I just noticed there is both a religious theocracy and fundamentalist civic. Seems abit..redundant to me I'm surprised I didn't realize this sooner.

Anyone have any ideas on a good religious civic that is different and orginal from what I already have?

Anyways...I"VE SOLVED THE BUG! Apparently what I've added(more than just civs, but some python related stuff from Platy) conflicts with Revolutions.

My game was played with all Rev mod options turned off. Tech Diffusion, Revolutions, Barbarion Civ and Dynamic Civ names.

I'm very happy. I've managed to pretty much destroy all other bugs as well. Expect a revamp of the civics as promised, and some other things.

About time

Top Bottom