Quot Capita: Majesty

Definitely like the new Splash Screen. Well done.

Thanks guys. I was looking orginally for art for the Atomic Era I was going to add, which would come in between the Industrial and Information Eras. I am debating still on the addition of this era, its in Civ5 and Civ6, and there is a part of the late industrial and era information age that definitely seems like it should be its own era, especially after the big changes done to the Information Age itself.

We will see though. I've thought about other eras, if you have any thoughts on eras, let me know, I will consider them.

Did you figured out what was wrong and got it work? just downloaded and I get exactly same errors..
I run Civ IV in a VMWare virtual machine (2 cores, 6 GB RAM) based on a Windows 10 pc (AMD A10-7700K quad core 3,40 GHz with embedded Radeon R7, 16 GB RAM).
It took more than 20 minutes to load the mod - I could have launched RFC DoC and played the Americans from the 3000 BC scenario....
Then I started the Germans, and tried to go back to the main menu. CTD.

Well I have a serious problem since I upgraded my memory. The mod now will not load and crashes while loading. I've been working on ways to speed up loading and address people's concerns but now, this is very sad for me to say this, but it may be the end of the mod unless someone knows of any solution.

This is a memory related issue on Windows 10 and is also the cause of why some others can't get the mod working(see Pink's post above).

Civ4 doesn't use more than certain amount of memory and this cannot be changed. This is the cause of afew problems as well I'd imagine.

Last edited:
C2C is much bigger and still running.
You can try removing a lot of content as a start and than add them back in pieces. You may even realize that the problem is not really the memory but something else. Rebuilding your mod (almost) from scratch may be a lot of work but may help to sort out the junk piled up over the time.

Or you can just give up. There is no shame in letting go something that is beyond our reach.

That is true. I actually did try that approach, and adding new civs and such never had any issues until I upgraded the memory, now they cause the mod not to load. I think once I've squared away the memory problem(might neeed to go back to old setup), I will begin removing some civilizations and leaders, keeping the more interesting ones, idk.

Still working on this. The thing that is causing the long load times are the modular civilizations. In order to fix this, in theory I would need to merge all of them(thats 59 as of right now) into the mod.

Are you all willing to wait for this and more importantly do you want me to do this.

Heh, your the Maiesto kiddo. The real question is: Would you feel satisfied and complete if you left it alone. :D

Still working on this. The thing that is causing the long load times are the modular civilizations. In order to fix this, in theory I would need to merge all of them(thats 59 as of right now) into the mod.

Are you all willing to wait for this and more importantly do you want me to do this.
I need more patience with other things so... Sure! :lol:

Anything that speeds up and optimizes a mod is recommended to do.

Well I've managed to get things in a good place. I've managed to cut down on load time by FPKing all the unit art in the assets/art/units foldier, and most civilizations unit art is included in that. Unfortunate that the more contact, the more load time.

For now I'm happy where things are, still testing, will talk about a new release soon. I would like reduce load times further, but there are limits to how much i can fpk with this mod.

Just started playing this mod, used default settings.. Early days now - but looks OK.

If I like the mod, I was thinking of converting a LEM from C2C to this mod, until I read this quote:

Actually, the problem is with the scenario map itself. Not the mod.

Most of the scenario maps are missing key tag lines at various locations. Mostly in the civ_dll and global_defines dll. I noticed that when I was working on my alpha test for my GEM, which set me back quite awhile in order to debug.

My recommendation would be to ignore any of the scenario/custom scenario maps for now, and just use custom games set up ( more fun and options that way), Big and small, custom continents, and archipelago are just some of the fun choices. There are many more.

As to the Scenario maps, It's going to take quite awhile to debug and clean them up. So if anyone has some free modding time, by all means, please jump in and assist. I'm not sure how much free time SOG has, but mine is practically minimal at best, so that's the best I can offer at this time. Sorry.

I do not understand this sentence.

Most of the scenario maps are missing key tag lines at various locations.

Does this mean a map created by WB will not work with this mod until special tags are added? If so what are they and where are those tags listed? Confused.

I was just going to replace/remove - terrains, map bonus's etc.

Last edited:
An Earth map with starting locations for this mod would be pretty awesome, though you'd have to choose a limited number of civilizations to be on the map at start that would also be the only ones playable. You could choose the oldest civilizations, I figure thats the most elegant solution.

As for what Drakar said I am not sure either.

An Earth map with starting locations for this mod would be pretty awesome, though you'd have to choose a limited number of civilizations to be on the map at start that would also be the only ones playable. You could choose the oldest civilizations, I figure thats the most elegant solution.

Still early days playing this mod.

But let me know for a large map how many Civs you would like. Also as it is now your take on the mod, which Civs would you like to see included, I may add one of my own, if I decide to do this.

But I also await a response from Drakar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom