Quot Capita: Majesty

Quite unplayable to me.
I play Civ in a Windows 10 virtual machine (2 processors, 6 GB RAM, 3 GB graphics) and these are my loading times:
Caveman2Cosmos: 02:01
Fall from Heaven II: 00:27
Realism Invictus: 01:41
Quot Capita: 40:50​

That seems a tad... Long.
Was that the initial load time after install?
Usual load time for me is about 10-12 mins, on a old single core HP.

Yeah that isn't normal. Normal load times should be 10ish minutes at the very most. Some people its less, but remember every computer is different and if this project has taught me anything, sometimes theres not much that can be done about it.

I apologize.

i just uploaded a newer version yesterday see if that helps.(crosses fingers)

Sorry to respond only now, but, badly, the problem are still here:

An undertermined error occured.
Detail: UnauthorizedAccess_IODenied_Path, C:\Users\---\Desktop\Majesty\Quot Capita\Assets\Modules\aborigines\Units\animations\Ships\Frigates\Shortcut to KonverterFM.exe.Ink.

I tried new version but i get old black terrain bug:cringe:

You have any tips what could cause that and how to fix? I run mod as admisnitrator..

New version has been in the works for quite some time now.

Just a quick run-down of some of the things to look forward to:

-New Corporations, including some historical ones that you get access to earlier
-New Civilizations some with different gameplay than you may be used to.
-Fleshing out of late game with new technologies in the Atomic and Information Eras
-Many new civics, you can customize your civilization in many new ways.

New Version!

Patch 3.6: Past, Present, Future

-Features

Renewed Focus on Late Game: New Corporations, New Late Game technologies, a revamp of the Atomic and Information ages, both have been fleshed out.

-Atomic Era soundtrack has been greatly improved. Part of the focus on improving this era.

New Civics: New ways to rule. Pick what civics suit your playstyle with a huge variety of new civics.

-New Corporations: many taken from other mods(credit will be given), a couple classic, historical older corporations like the Hudson Bay or East India Companies appear as well. You can start with corporations if you have the ability to in the Enlightenment Era

New Civilizations, some taken from newer entries in the Civilization series, some brand new:

-Pergamon
-Switzerland
-Calusa
-Mitanni
-Florence
-Samnites
-Lycia
-Chachapoya
-Cree
-Laos
-Jivaro
-Kuikuro
-Himyar
-Mapuche
-Saba
-Tocharistan

-Amazonian civs(Tupi, Guarani. Yanomani and Kuikuro) build Green Farms, basically cultivated forest, instead of normal farms with the cultural UU, the Amazonian Worker.
-A lot of new south american flavor art by Spillandstains(amazing guy I don't know why he doesn't post more of his work but hes getting major credit)

-Revamped and new City Art: Ethiopia, Eastern Greek, as well as the Maranon(Chachapoya, Jivaro and Mapuche) have new or partly new city graphics. Amazonian style(Muisca and all Amazon based civilizations) has been greatly improved.

In addition there are a few new resources: Pearls and Lobster in the sea, and Jade and Obsidian on land.

Obsidian can act as an alternate resource to units like Spearmen or Axeman and most UUs that replace these units.

Also Obsidian allows you to train a new Stone Age unit, the Early Swordsman.

HYPE!
:woohoo:
Hey Sword_Of_Geddon, I'm eager to get this downloaded and start exploring. MAJESTY is consistently fun and really captures a sense of epic adventure. Thank you for all your contributions to the community:worship:

Next what I'd like to do is make each cultural group have gameplay elements that seperate them from each other. I have started this with the Amazon group. My intent is that all European civilizations will play pretty much as in classic Beyond the Sword, but I'd like other groups to have something different to the experience, not drastic, but something.

For example, the Amazonian civilizations build green farms, cultivated areas of rain forest, instead of normal farms.

So I would like ideas/suggestions of the other groups, what would make East and Southeast Asia different? Let me know in this thread folks!

Nice idea. I will certainly be here for brainstorming :D or even adapt it to CoM.

So what are the cultural groups exactly?

P.s: You may want to take a look at this thread for ideas:
[CoM Module] Legacies

Well a culture group is more or less a category which a civilization belongs to. For example, European. While each civilization in the group has unique properties, like buildings and units, overall the playstyle of the group is the same. Playing a European civilization, whether it be Western European, Hellenistic or Eastern European, is going to more or less play similarly to a normal Civ4 experience. I got this idea from Age of Empires 3.

Asian civilizations, by contrast would have a slightly different play style. I have not yet decided how as of yet. Asian would mean China, Japan, Khmer, Thailand, Malay etc, so more or less east and southeast asia. India would be its own group, since India is not a civ in my mod.

The fun and challenge of this idea is to come up with how a group is different, and by how much. I thought of Native American civs not having access to horses, but I decided against that. Also thought of different groups having a religious bonus, but that isn't what I'm looking for. The question remains is how groups play different, and this is something civilizations in the group have in common.

Top Bottom