1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quot Capita

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by avain, Jan 29, 2008.

1. avain

avain (key)

Hi guys,

QC was updated to the latest RevDCM at the point of it's release. You can check the exact svn version from the first post.
    But there were/are issues with Multiplayer already in RevDCM, and I have no resources to ensure Multiplayer. I'll always do my best, but Multiplayer is not a priority for me.

2. Berenthor

Berenthor King

I did not know this. I thought it was something like this because I had that problem with an older version of LoR but it was solved later on. Now I got exactly the same one here so I thought it was related. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it occurs again or that it might have been something else

3. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

What version of LoR works in MP? So far as I know it goes OOS easily. We are still trying to fix this in the current RevDCM build; if you know of a stable MP build, please point me to it cause we could figure out where we introduced the current errors. So far as I know though, we havn't been able to make a stable MP RevDCM core (and everything that applies to LoR applies to RevDCM).

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Avain, I tested the speeds.
    It seems that the problem with Epic is that in the Prehistoric age 1 turn is still 1000 years.
    So it's the same as in normal speed, which seems right after a few test games.
    I guess this 1000 years/turn is the base of all problems on Epic.
    Those early 50 turns missing gives huge disadvantage in early development, and with the raising inflation over the years, the economy just can't keep up with the supposed tech rate...

Also, I wanted to point out, that lumberyards still doesn't work perfectly.
    If you acquire a timber resource after sedentary lifestyle (so workers instead of gatherers), now you can build the lumberyard with your workers. So this part is ok.
    But doing this still consumes your worker, which probably isn't intentional...

Ohh, and IIRC when I discovered the Pioneering tech first, I not only got the Red Baron prototype as I should, but both of the other 2 new airplane types availeable with this tech
    So I got 3 plane "prototypes" instead of 1.
    Same with the tanking tech that gives you Panzer prototype (don't remember the tech's name right now): I got 3 or 4 tanks - one form each type - in my capital...

5. avain

avain (key)

Thanks for the report!
    About prototypes: it works as intended: IF you have the Prototyping tech, you get ALL possible mechanical units when you are the first to discover a tech. (and have all the prereqs)

6. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Oh, okay. I missed that bonus of the Prototyping tech...

7. Berenthor

Berenthor King

I don't know the exact release but the last release that you actually released yourself solved (at least for me) the OOSes I was having in earlier versions. I'll see if I can check the version of LoR when I have it on hand. However, maybe I was just lucky.

8. GeneralMaximus

GeneralMaximus Chieftain

9. Pef

Pef Chieftain

hey avain , i'm glad you kept working on QC , now i have a new system and will try it again.

i have a request , could you make/import a Dacian and Romanian civ , i do have a Romanian civ but i doubt it will work on QC

will post again as soon i have few dozen hours of QC play and find more bugs for you to fix :).

found 1 , in city screen that shows when you hover or click the bar under it , it normally shows the buildings the city has , but for CDC ( disease control wonder ) it shows a pink square.

well , keep getting MAFs , and revolutions is behaving oddly , cities keep saying they have financial problems and revolt.

also combat between units is weird , i had a mech inf get killed by a few oromo warriors while defending on a hill , also lost few attackers where odds were 99.9 in my favor , also few times the AI hit my city defended by 4 machine guns with city def 3 - upgraded granadiers - , with 5-6 riflemen and it took the city with full hp on all his units.( on noble difficulty)

odds for these fights should have been appalingly in my favor but somehow the AI didnt know .
    i would once in a while risk some 20% odds fights for a huge gain like a wonder or a corp HQ but to try odds of 0.01% and win with full hp ...?

10. jimmygeo

jimmygeo Warlord

:(I have thoroughly enjoyed this mod for some time and have not had difficulties (except for rebels etc.;)) But I was playing as the Byzantines and had built up a humongous empire with territories on every contintent (Australia was entirely mine as was Europe) and suddenly after turn 538 I got an error message and the game crashed, not to desktop, just stopped working. The error message said: "icon size mismatch. 64 size is only allowed by the city indicator compositor." What does this mean and how can I correct it? With a mastery score of 340+ and a game score of 6400+ I was on my way to an overwhelming victory in 32 turns, but now can't go on.:(

Help, please!

11. marsfire

marsfire Chieftain

Playing QC 8.1, BTS 3.19, Patch 1.60, Better BTS A I 1.02, BULL 1.2+

can build inquisitors but when placed in a city with my state religion and another religion, there is no button to start the inquisition. Inquisition option is enabled (other civs have expunged religions). Religious civic is organized religion but it also didn't work under theocracy civic.

population getting unhappy with foreign religions and I could use the cash!

BTW - CIV V doesn't arrive until next week so QC is my only option.

12. Onmi

Onmi Chieftain

I don't know if it's a bug or something wrong with my computer, but when using the Mod and building a wonder I just get junk where the 'build' movie would be. it hasn't been game breaking in any way but Vanilla BtS plays them just fine

13. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Warlord

Ah playing QC after a week of Civ V is like drinking iced lemonade on a hot day.

oops weaving is missing a quote ;)
    in civics menu Gift economy should be Gift Economy

14. CellKu

CellKu Emperor

avain, just a brief question: Do you still work on QC or have you moved on to Civ5 as well?

15. Goweigus

Goweigus Chieftain

So I am getting crashes now after editing the Gamespeedinfo thingy mabob. I tried to change inflation, the number of months passing, and research. I initially tried upping the barbarian factor but I couldn't play more than a few turns without crashing. So I change it back and fixed an error in the months passing bit (i accidentally put the 2nd set at 800000). I did this and it wasn't crashing so soon so I started playing again. Now it crashed about 87 turns into the game.

What in there am I not allowed to change because it is so heavily tied into this mod?

I really enjoy playing with triple research times...

16. TimbreWolf

TimbreWolf Chieftain

Hi Avain et al.,

Just started playing QC for a bit the other day. I first installed and then had to re-install after patching since the in-game patcher didn't work. Anyway, I got it working and started a game with your recommended settings. I had a few (maybe ~1 in 5) MAFs on loads but it was manageable.
    Today I can't load any of the save games from that game. Initially I was just getting to the screen that shows the sunrise over the earth and then some error which flashed by too fast to read before CTD. (I think it might have said "Failed to compress...." or something similar).
    I thought it might be MAF related so I uninstalled QC and re-installed without either of the leaderhead packs. I tried loading a savegame again and this time got a little further (to the loading bar with hints) before CTD again.

I am running Vista 32-bit 4GB RAM.

Was very much enjoying your prehistoric age and would be very grateful if you or anybody else could help me fix it. I've attached a save file and my dxdiag file for system info incase this helps.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

17. Bahmo

Bahmo King

I have a few things to point out/ask.

The first is about the mod itself. It's possible that this has been mentioned already, but the clock pictures that pop up to mention you've reached a new era are always one era too futuristic; for example the Rennaissance pic popping up when you reach the medieval era. This is obviously because you added an era; I'm not sure how to fix it.

The next two are about modding the mod. I notice that it has several modules included, but modular loading is turned off. I've added my own modules and turned modular loading on, and that gives me an error message about siblings, bombardment, and paved roads, but the game still works, though maybe those things don't. What's going on there?

Finally, how would I add Genghis Kai's Giant Earth Map to this mod?

18. Quetz

Quetz The Tallest Lilliputian

Love the stone age!

19. Goweigus

Goweigus Chieftain

I really like it too. Unfortunately it is so short lived even on marathon! so I up the research from 300 to 900. Makes things a bit more awesome, unfortunately the a.i. on normal doesn't handle a longer stone age well. Some I see make use of gatherers to get their tile improvements going, others don't. They all spam lots of warriors and don't upgrade or make better units much. They certainly don't start popping out cities as early as I ever do, the stone age just really throws them for a loop and I get way ahead of them in research.

Is it possible to edit the a.i. to make better use of the stone age?

20. Quetz

Quetz The Tallest Lilliputian

Just to say: After playing the most recent versions of both, i strongly prefer this mod over RoM, which just adds too much random crap imo. Thanks for making it!