Quot Capita

I second adding JARM. It's nice using religious conquest as Ramesses or Montezuma using your nation's actual religion.
Also maybe a few more leaders for base Civs? At least maybe Capo's Maurya for India, Richard the Lionheart (It's in CivGold, not sure who made the LH) for England, and Abu Bakr or Harun al-Rashid for Arabia (I... actually don't know who made these two, you'd have to ask Capo.)
You could also add in Capo's pharoah LH for Egypt, I recently wrote a personality for Seti I that you could use for it.

Hello everyone.
It's my first post here, yet I play Civ 4 for a long time till now on. I was looking for good mod which will expand Civ 4 gameplay and here it is. I tried many od them before <RoM for example>, but to be true, as much as I'm tolerant I can't stand these graphics - they look crappy. Lousy LeaderHeads not even reskinned properly <15 guys looking exactly like Napoleon -.->, no Wonder Images when You build them, not even music on new technologies and so on.

Now here it is, Quot Capita with VD included. Wonderfull.

I still need one thing though - are there any new Civs that I can add, except for this 4 mentioned on first post (Poland is made wonderfull, but others, well slightly worse (still good though) but that's just 4 still...). Can someone lead me to some perfectly made Nations (Voices, Aesthetic Leaderheads and units, etc.) that I can add to this mod?

And last question concerning future - only one thing that have my atention in RoM mod - Nanobot Units - both possible, and good-looking. Is there any possibility of having them here somehow <in near future or whatever>? :)

[EDIT] Another thingy - Is this "dark" colors around the globe permanent, or they will change after reaching ancient era? I see all the water much darker, and everything looks like in a thriller in prehistoric age...

Thanks in advice for replies and keep the good work - mod is GREAT!! Don't let Your quality fall EVER!!! :)

I just tried QC and so far I'm very impressed. Just two little issues:
- I haven't discovered fire yet so I, correctly, can't slash and burn a forest. But I can collect seeds, which removes the forrest. Am I correct in assuming this is a bug?
- Skins are on and off for me. One turn they're fine, the next I'm seeing a berserker and a knight instead of a orangutan and a bison. This happens all the time.

- Skins are on and off for me. One turn they're fine, the next I'm seeing a berserker and a knight instead of a orangutan and a bison. This happens all the time.
Do you have "Frozen Animations" (under Options) checked? That could cause this issue. Just disable it and you should be fine.

Do you have "Frozen Animations" (under Options) checked? That could cause this issue. Just disable it and you should be fine.

Thanks. That solves it.

I've another comment concerning the Lascaux Paints. Dye doubles the production speed, nothing wrong with that in principle. But you can't get dye until Calendar unless you happen to sit right on top of it. So maybe you should think of something there.

How about stone instead?

Also, anyone willing to answer my previous questions?

Hey there,

Just got Quot Capita the other day, installed it, and it ran beautifully the first time out.

However, ever since then, though, every single time I run the game, be it a load of a saved game or a new game, I get the following (see attached image) which makes it very hard to play - as you can see this is the very first turn.

quotCapita_error.jpg

What is it, and how do I make it go away? :(

I'm not sure if it's a bug or what. I haven't changed or done anything different from when I first launched the game.

Thanks in advance.
~Shane

Hey there,

Just got Quot Capita the other day, installed it, and it ran beautifully the first time out.

However, ever since then, though, every single time I run the game, be it a load of a saved game or a new game, I get the following (see attached image) which makes it very hard to play - as you can see this is the very first turn.

View attachment 262712

What is it, and how do I make it go away? :(

I'm not sure if it's a bug or what. I haven't changed or done anything different from when I first launched the game.

Thanks in advance.
~Shane
Turn off UAC or run it as administrator.

Just gave the mod a try and I haven't completed my game yet thanks to Avain for making and sharing this. It looks really good but there seems to be a few issues with some features (unless I'm mistaken of course). The desert promotion doesn't double movement in deserts and inquisitors don't seem to be doing anything (unless I'm overlooking something). I really like all the new elements I haven't read all the pages in the thread so sorry if that has been brought up before.

... inquisitors don't seem to be doing anything (unless I'm overlooking something).
Actually, I experienced the same problem. I couldn't purge non-state religions - no matter what the situation was (state rel. present/not present).

Hey avain or anyone -

I"m getting back into playing QC again after quite some time. I'm really enjoying all the new features. However, contrary to when I used to play it, I'm getting MAFs much early and much more frequently than in the past. I know you have identified some fix, but it just appears too hairy for me to try to perform. Going with the assumption that I have a very good rig and not wanting to read the bazillions posts in this thread, is there anything I can do to reduce the amount of MAFs. It's really getting to the point where playing the mod is prohibitive for me. (Oh..I did set the graphics settings to low FWIW)

Basically, just trying to see if anyone has had any success in reducing MAFs without modifying the executable.

Hey avain or anyone -

I"m getting back into playing QC again after quite some time. I'm really enjoying all the new features. However, contrary to when I used to play it, I'm getting MAFs much early and much more frequently than in the past. I know you have identified some fix, but it just appears too hairy for me to try to perform. Going with the assumption that I have a very good rig and not wanting to read the bazillions posts in this thread, is there anything I can do to reduce the amount of MAFs. It's really getting to the point where playing the mod is prohibitive for me. (Oh..I did set the graphics settings to low FWIW)

Basically, just trying to see if anyone has had any success in reducing MAFs without modifying the executable.

When more features are added memory allocation failures are bound to occur (depending on your system).

Smaller maps and less civs help.

Edit the ini to enable autosave every turn so you don't lose your progress when the game crashes.

I'm experiencing a problem.

In my game, after turn 220, it crashes. The map I'm playing on is Hemispheres, Huge, with 5 continents, with 9 initial players. I have never experienced crashing like this before.

I've noticed something weird, I have two Inca civs in my game so no way to tell who is who (two Huayna Capacs that's just one too many). I've also noticed a few typos (especially on the religion screen where "monasteries" is spelled "monastaries"). There is also a minor thing with the Ishtar Gate (cool video by the way) as the description says "not known" where IMO "unknown" would be better.

I really like this mod, kudos for sharing it Avain. Once the remaining bugs get squashed it will be truly awesome.

@Blue Anteater: did you get a window with the memory allocation failure notification? The new graphics are awesome but resource intensive, playing a large map may work better depending on your system.

MAD nukes I know, it was updated recently, but the CCV components?

Cold War of CCV is not only an updated MAD version. It's also a debuged version. The original MAD Nukes can cause CTDs as Cybah noticed and proofed. I've fixed them for CCV and BASE. But also there are no more CTDs from this component it must be redone in the future. The original code produces lots of non sense. So we need a Cold War/MAD Nukes 2.0 for the future. I'll do so when I got some freetime again and could debug CCV.

Cold War of CCV is not only an updated MAD version. It's also a debuged version. The original MAD Nukes can cause CTDs as Cybah noticed and proofed. I've fixed them for CCV and BASE. But also there are no more CTDs from this component it must be redone in the future. The original code produces lots of non sense. So we need a Cold War/MAD Nukes 2.0 for the future. I'll do so when I got some freetime again and could debug CCV.

Ah I did not know that, thanks for the info. Components like Advanced cargo and jump jets are not released seperatly are they? If I want to merge it with QQ I have to take it out of CCV? Is the source code available anywhere by any chance, I don't think it is in the installed version or is it? Thanks for the help.

Ah I did not know that, thanks for the info. Components like Advanced cargo and jump jets are not released seperatly are they? If I want to merge it with QQ I have to take it out of CCV? Is the source code available anywhere by any chance, I don't think it is in the installed version or is it? Thanks for the help.

I've never released them as standalones. So you would have to take them out of CCV. And yes, the CCV code is not released with the mod. The CCV code is not public. But that's not the main problem at the moment. Please wait for the next CCV release. I've done to major code update to CCV in the last three days. And the first games looked good after the merge. Not a single CTD anymore. :) But there are some conflicts between my code and RevDCM 2.8! When they are solved I'll release a new CCV version and we will see what can be done for you. ;) But I'm very, very short on freetime. Don't expect anything within the next two weeks. Really nothing. Sorry. :sad:

Top Bottom