R.E.D. modpack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Gedemon, Sep 25, 2010.

1. StMikael

StMikael Warlord

Excellent! I'm holding out for vanilla formation&size with Ethnic Diversity.

2. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Maybe this request would be a bit too much, but a splendid Finland mod by Hypereon is out on the Steam Workshop, it adds a custom Unique Unit - would it be much work for you to make the next version of R.E.D compatible with this (as you made the R.E.D. compatible with Mech Inf + soldiers mod)? Unless of course the unit, by chance, follows the same pattern as a non-mod unit, so it would be automated.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

If it use an existing models, it should be already scaled. Please report if you use both and something is strange, I'll check for compatibility then.

4. Xink

Xink King

I might be missing something here but I see that you made a Faster Aircraft Animations (v 1) but I can't seem to find a thread or posts about it, although it is available within the Steam workshop.

Is there such a thread for this mod..?

It seemed to sneak under my radar :D

5. Jonarus_Drakus

Jonarus_Drakus Chieftain

I was hoping to have an update on my on-going testing process much sooner than this... But its been... Complicated...

The "crash" mentioned in my last post, while repeatable withing that game, doesn't seem to have been carried over to my new game... It could be limited to that Civ, or it could be entirely unrelated, I can't be sure... Therefore, I submit the save file for the effected game for testing by others: http://www.mediafire.com/?3acjldzfvl4a2q4 (You should be able to load it up easily enough, everything that needed attention with that turn has been attended too, the crash occurs right after hitting the 'end turn' button)

As mentioned, I *have* started a new 'test game', The error above has not appeared, and while there have been a couple of crashes, they seem to be from causes on my end, not the mods... At the time of this post, all art files up until the end of the Medieval Era have been re-added successfully, I have JUST re-added the art for Musketmen (English redcoats) back into the game, but have yet to test with either them or the other 'Renaissance Era' folder (the Riflemen files).

As a side-note: I removed the "no-gloss.dds" file again. Even though it wasn't the cause of the "insta-crash" error, I have a suspicion that it may still (partly) be to blame... Combining it with one or more specific 'art' sub-folders/files may combine to cause the issue (Implying in turn of course that the errors are in general cause not by single folders/files, but combinations of otherwise 'safe' folders/files)

~JD

6. Gedemon

No thread here for Faster Aircraft animations, it's a 3 lines mod, making/following a thread for a simple mod like that would require many more times than making the mod itself :)

But there is a download link for mac users in the CFC database (under Mods Component)

And you can use the steam comments section for it, if needed. It's compatible with R.E.D. Modpack BTW.

No crash for me using R.E.D development version (v.16) using DX9 or DX11.

Can someone else try that save and report ? (Herdsmen and Mounted units mods by whoward69 are required, unlikely to be the cause of the crash, but still, when debugging it's easier to do it one mod at a time)

no-gloss.dds is required by some units, moving it around may cause crash.

7. Xink

Xink King

I just needed to see that compatibility was ok with the RED modpack, so thanks for that. It was also ensuring that others will get to see it as I rarely browse the mods via the mod viewer and so this one would have gotten missed.

8. Jonarus_Drakus

Jonarus_Drakus Chieftain

I doubt it makes much difference, both those mods seem to be perfectly compatible with RED, as they apparently only use 'vanilla' unit-art, and re-sizing said art doesn't seem to have impacted the results (Aside from the fact that they don't 'conform' to the ethnic variations of the vanilla units they are based on).

The fact that you (Gedemon) haven't noticed any crashes on your end increases the likelihood that the crashes I *am* getting are not caused by the mod, which to me is a negative result (as the problem still exists)- but it is a result all the same...

~JD

9. Gedemon

Yes, but it force me (or anyone willing to help) to subscribe and download the missing mods for testing the save game.

10. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I've checked the Finland mod and it scales the unique unit automatically. It was only reskinned I suppose, and it uses the great war inf model. It seems most mods adding new units that are based on vanilla models work with R.E.D without additional compatibility issues.

11. Gedemon

Yes, it's only in the case of new models that I'll have to add a compatibility entry.

12. Jonarus_Drakus

Jonarus_Drakus Chieftain

Well... I think I might have found it... sort-of...

Everything was working fine (there were crashes, but none that I could attribute to RED) up to (and including) re-adding the "Riflemen" folder (and its contents). But when I added the "Infantries" folder, my save-games wouldn't load at all, even when the folder was there but completely empty. Re-booting my system (even after removing the folder) did not fix the issue... Older saves from the same game were also affected by the issue.

Unfortunately, I can't provide any more detail than this (yet), and am unable to even *guess* at the cause... I have an effected save-game that I can share, but like the previous one that I posted, there are other mods needed...

I'll try starting up a completely new game to see if it is also effected (There-by implying a delayed trigger from earlier folders/files, that only became noticeable at this stage).

~JD

UPDATE:
    Okay... So its both better and worse... Its NOT the Infantry folder or anything contained there-in... Everything was fine up-to and including re-adding the "Riflemen" folder (and its contents). But the moment I try to add any more folders... ANY folders... BAM, insta-crash...

In the end, the problem seem to have been almost certainly on my end... The only thing I have left to make the result 100% is to change out my hardware... Hopefully an upgrade to my Power supply will resolve the issue. I will get back to you on this either way, just so its not 'up in the air'. It'll be a while yet, gotta save and stuff... ^^;

Fingers crossed eh? :p

13. Xink

Xink King

Steam must have burped on me as all of my mods vanished from the browser.

I have got back the following...

colored religions (v 3)
    infoaddict (v 18)
    r.e.d. modpack (v 15)
    Civ V Unofficial Patch (GK) (v 23)

...as I have backups of the civ5mod files. But I did not back up the Faster Aircraft Animations file and now when I subscribe to it, and restart the game, it will not download. It can be marked as my favourite, or not, subscribe and unsubscribe etc, but it will no longer download.

Any ideas please as I have not got the civ5mod file..?

14. Gedemon

it's in the download section of cfc, under mod components. you can also try to clear your cache folder to force re-download of diseaparing mods.

15. Xink

Xink King

Excellent, clearing the cache worked. I did not think that would have helped but it did and then the Aircraft mod showed up and downloaded.

Thanks for your help :)

16. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

the greek composites bowman arow when fortify is flying in front of the troop

17. Gedemon

Folder to copy the fix has changed since patch .674, first post updated:

18. tatterdemalion

tatterdemalion Chieftain

Is there some way to tell if the MOD has been applied? I activated the MOD, started a game, but don't see anything different.

Okay, just realized that I have to click the little circle to the right to enable the MOD, which I did. Still no joy. Loaded a previously saved game and no joy.

Some of the DLC games say that they vitiate all other mods. But those mods are not enabled.

what i am doing wrong?

19. Gedemon

R.E.D. Modpack is compatible with all DLC.

you must click "next" in the mod menu, then "single player" at the top.

if you click "back" from the mod menu, the mod is unloaded.

what other mods are you using ?

20. cleaner

cleaner Warlord

Hello Gedemon!

In my game I noticed some red and white stripes at the tip of the Italian battleships. I attached a screenshot to this post. Is this a bug in the mod or something that's wrong on my end?

Attached Files: