R.E.D. modpack

I'm already planning to do a R.E.D. "Extended Edition" add-on with more units based on what's available, like:

- War Chariot (melee chariot, can move after attack)
- Explorer (scout upgrade)
- Line Infantry (between Musketman and rifleman)
- Armored Recon / Light tank (explorer upgrade)
- Heavy Tank
- Cruiser
- Attack aircraft (WWII style: Il-2, Stuka, etc...)
- Advanced JetFighter (using the current F-22 model, and adding the F-16 as normal jetfigther)
- Strike Fighter (none available, but there are a lot civ4 models to convert and the Jetfighter template is available thanx to danrell...)
- Dreadnought

etc...

I've asked about the specific Line Infantry as it was the easier to add without making a real change in gameplay, but thanks to everyone feedback, I now agree that base R.E.D should not contain any change of that type.

Now, if you or anyone want to make a small add-on with just that Line Infantry change, you know you're welcome to do it ;)

I'm already planning to do a R.E.D. "Extended Edition" add-on with more units based on what's available, like:

- War Chariot (melee chariot, can move after attack)
- Explorer (scout upgrade)
- Line Infantry (between Musketman and rifleman)
- Armored Recon / Light tank (explorer upgrade)
- Heavy Tank
- Cruiser
- Attack aircraft (WWII style: Il-2, Stuka, etc...)
- Advanced JetFighter (using the current F-22 model, and adding the F-16 as normal jetfigther)
- Strike Fighter (none available, but there are a lot civ4 models to convert and the Jetfighter template is available thanx to danrell...)
- Dreadnought

etc...

I've asked about the specific Line Infantry as it was the easier to add without making a real change in gameplay, but thanks to everyone feedback, I now agree that base R.E.D should not contain any change of that type.

Now, if you or anyone want to make a small add-on with just that Line Infantry change, you know you're welcome to do it ;)

I think that the base R.E.D should just rescale vanilla units and add ethnic diversity, but I would like an add-on with Explorer, Line Infantry and Dreadnought units. Maybe Attack Aircract too. But I think the amount of units in vanilla + G&K + the addon with just a few extra units would be enough to populate the tech tree but not become too crowded :)

How do you load your game ?

Use this path : Main Menu -> Mods (check if R.E.D. is activated) -> Next (and not Back) -> Single Player -> load game

Cheers, that did the trick! It hadn't even crossed my mind that a mod has to be enabled every time a save is loaded :blush:

Using windows XP and DX9 ?

What is your GPU model (Nvidia, ATI) and which version of the drivers are you using ?

I have Windows 7 so DX11, but everything is updated.

Nvidia GeForce GT 555M with 8.17.12.9610 driver and Graphics driver 296.10

Also as you replied to another person I am using the same path as you defined.

Any ideas?

Any other mods used ?

Gedemon, I was just wondering how long until the next version with all of danrells units?

Hello again,

Following on from the last time I posted (here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11688510&postcount=372 )

Been out of the loop for a bit because its taken a while to acquire my new power supply... I Have stepped up from a 550w to a 700w... Unfortunately, that has not resolved the issue(s), neither has running a half-day full de-frag of my hard-drive. In the end I can't add anything (not even folders, let alone actual files) after the addition (tech-tree wise) of the "Riflemen" folder (and its contents).

This is leaving back at square one - Either the mod itself is somehow bugged, or the cause is directly linked to my XP/Dx9 based system...

I was hoping you might have thought of something since I last posted, because I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, the only thing I have left is a highly risky attempt to install and use an unsupported 'Dx10 for XP' patch/hack type program. And I'd rather not risk it if there is an alternative...

Thanks either way, and keep up the good work - the mod is (despite this) one of the most obviously 'must have' mods available,

~JD

I really want to help with these, but I still can't figure out how I am supposed to apply a rig/skelton to meshes since we can't extract them. The tutorials on this site that covers it refers to unit templates, but it doesn't state where to get them, and are rather old so I can't tell if the information in it is still valid.

It also annoys me a bit that there are mods on the workshop like this that you guys helped the author with to make, and then the unit graphics used in them aren't used in this. Can you guys ask those people if those graphics can be included?

danrell has made available all meshes he has used for his units, and I think bernie14 does the same, you can get them from their units or packs.

inclusion of new units is of course planned, but first I "just" need to finish the huge update I've started for WWII edition. (huge by the code changed to fix things, not by the feature/content, "thanks" to patch .674...)

danrell has made available all meshes he has used for his units, and I think bernie14 does the same, you can get them from their units or packs.

inclusion of new units is of course planned, but first I "just" need to finish the huge update I've started for WWII edition. (huge by the code changed to fix things, not by the feature/content, "thanks" to patch .674...)

Right, but I can extract and edit the civ 5 meshs as is. My question is how do I extract the rig/skelton, or if you can't, how you guys have been rigging all of them so I can contribute.

I would do it by hand using Max's biped, but I don't know all of the animations per unit mesh so I could replicate them, nor do I know if the engine would work with the format I would be using.

I suppose I could always just work with the models and just let you guys rig them, but you guys have enough stuff to work on as is. :p

For those using Dx9 and having crash at start, have you tried that version here with no rescaling ?

Right, but I can extract and edit the civ 5 meshs as is. My question is how do I extract the rig/skelton, or if you can't, how you guys have been rigging all of them so I can contribute.

I would do it by hand using Max's biped, but I don't know all of the animations per unit mesh so I could replicate them, nor do I know if the engine would work with the format I would be using.

I suppose I could always just work with the models and just let you guys rig them, but you guys have enough stuff to work on as is. :p

You have to ask the unit makers then, I've no 3D knowledge :D

Jabberwockxeno,
I only have a limited understanding of 3D modelling, but there's a bunch of templates out there. Many of the units in the unit subforum include .blend files. You can use their skeletons, but you also have to carefully line up all of the pieces or you get some weird results.

Deliverator's Jaguar and Minuteman templates: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=271915&stc=1&d=1289248254
bernie14's swordsman template: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17826
bernie14's rifleman template: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19605
danrell's ancient unit templates: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19558&act=down
danrell's WWII unit templates are included in this pack: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17443

Okay, started working on next version, and derived a bit, ending up with a little add-on... Here it is for beta-testing, it's an extreme version of R.E.D., even smaller scale, even more figures in each unit, and reworked formations to handle the new numbers.

R.E.D Modpack is mandatory and must be activated before the add-on.

Grab it for epic battles !

Some resources/improvements have also been rescaled to reflect the change, you don't want your thirty warriors horde unit to be dwarfed by some giant cows, do you ? :D

Attachments

• R.E.D. Xtreme (v 1).civ5mod
    3.7 KB · Views: 70
Okay, started working on next version, and derived a bit, ending up with a little add-on... Here it is for beta-testing, it's an extreme version of R.E.D., even smaller scale, even more figures in each unit, and reworked formations to handle the new numbers.

R.E.D Modpack is mandatory and must be activated before the add-on.

Grab it for epic battles !

Some resources/improvements have also been rescaled to reflect the change, you don't want your thirty warriors horde unit to be dwarfed by some giant cows, do you ? :D

Sounds good. :) Could you maybe post a screenshot?

Thanks for the Xtreme version. First thoughts are "small" that is how I see, just about the units.!

Albeit I have just started a new game and when a warrior is in a forest he is almost impossible to see. The same applies to others.

I'm not sure if the resolution that I'm running at could influence that...? I run at 2560x1440.

Albeit I have just started a new game and when a warrior is in a forest he is almost impossible to see. The same applies to others.

Actually I like it this way, see it as an ambush :D

And it's not a resolution effect. I'll try to post a screenshot when I'll release v.16 (maybe not this WE, but *soon* I hope.)

Thanks for the continued development and I will be looking forward to build 16 of the mod.

Just a small point as to when a mod is "ticked" as not being save game dependant, or something like that, does that mean you should be able to disable it and continue a game without issue...? If it does mean that then the Xtreme one isn't doing it as I thought that I would disable it to test the difference etc in unit heights and when loaded the game had a faulty corrupted tech tree and no build menus within the city. Putting it back and the game continues fine.

Actually I like it this way, see it as an ambush :D

And it's not a resolution effect. I'll try to post a screenshot when I'll release v.16 (maybe not this WE, but *soon* I hope.)

Nutty has a smaller landmarks for R.E.D. modmod that IIRC also changes feature graphics to fit with the new unit scale, maybe you could check that out and see if there's something to add to the Xtreme addon ;)

Top Bottom