R.E.D. modpack

Playing with the source code for the WWII mod at this moment, once done I'll add the latest batch of units to R.E.D..

I can't give an ETA yet as I will also be busy IRL this week end.

Just to let you know that I`ve narrowed the crash problem to the Extreme RED mod that goes on top of the standard Mod. Still don`t know what causes it exactly, but it`s definitely the extreme. I`ve had to remove it and since then, no crash in several games.

Just for your information.

Just an idea (and not sure if its possible to implement in game) but how about changing the graphics of the Polynesian rafts and the Danish longboats?

It seems strange to me to see longboats transporting tanks well into the 21st century :p

Can the modders put up the list of units changed with the v.22 update? I'm pretty invested in The Maya in particular.

And is there a database or something that shows every unit model for each civ? Just curious. Might be arduous, but I'd compile something like that provided I'm bored enough.

Oh wow, really cool.

I can't wait for new Maya units. I can only imagine how designing newer Maya units is gonna be like. I mean obviously you got like the American Sherman tanks and stuff, but the Maya... well I suppose they exist somewhat in Mexico, Guatamala, Honduras and El Salvador. I guess I could imagine like... civil war Central American units. My family's from around that region, so I'm looking forward to it.

Does this mod also alter the civilian units too? Generals, prophets, missionaries, workers?

Hi

I get an error in Database.log that is related to r.e.d. modpack (only mod used in test). log file attached.

\Skodkim

Version 22

Yes - that line. Not much info to go on but I hope you'll be able to find it anyway.

Good hunting!

\Skodkim

I would want to see jet fighter diversity in an update. I said because I have seen jets made by snafusmith :p

I haven't seen them for civ5 yet. They'll be in once available, of course. (but then the default jet fighter would have to be changed to something else than a stealth fighter I suppose)

approximatively 10 hours.

Well, it was a close approximation, I'm just of by 0.003 years. :o

That means tomorrow. That also means a few more units and a better system to add ethnic units to City-States for the future.

The new version is available on CFC database (I'll upload on Steam in the following days)

The changelog:

v.23 (Nov 28, 2012):
- Change the initialization code to allow easier implementation of specific units art for Minors Civilizations.
- Update and add units from JTitan's Barbarian Invasion Upgraded (England, France, Germany, Austria, Celts, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Huns, Denmark, Sweden, Byzantium, Antwerp, Lisbon)
- Add units from JTitan's Warriors of the Mediterranean (Rome, Greece, Carthage), including Spearman and Swordsman (African Mercenaries) for Carthage
- Add Bernie14's Desert (Babylon, Songhai, Carthage), Highlander (Celts) and Arabian Rifleman
- Add Snafusmith's T72 for Carthage (Algeria), India, Babylon (Iraq), Persia (Iran)
- Add Snafusmith's Challenger II for UK
- Add Snafusmith's Leopard 1A3 for Greece, Netherlands, Ottoman (Turkey)

R.E.D. Xtreme also updated to v.23, remember to update/install it AFTER the base mod.

Looks good. Will try.

Top Bottom