R.E.D. modpack

Yeah. I checked. There's only one version and I am not subscribed. Also, I emptied the cache again. It reinstalled, but then it vanished from the list.

the only option left then is to extract the files from the civ5mod file manually, in a new folder inside your mods folder, using 7zip.

Using Version 23 with Vanilla: Roman & Japanese Archers invisible.

I know the Japanese archers had been fixed already, so I'm wondering what the problem could be.

R.E.D. Extreme makes my game crash... Are there any mods it isn't compatible with that R.E.D. is? Wouldn't seem like it.

I'm having crashing problems too. The second I try to start a game (no other mods on) it crashes during the loading screen.

I have a question. if I would want to use a predeterminated skin of a unit which has been replaced by R.E.D, what I have to do for the new unit cannot have one made by you (you, danrell, bernie, asio, jtitan, snafusmith etc.)? Thanks :p

Hey Gedemon, have you added unique AA/AT units to the mod yet? I was planning on working on that a bit. I can't mod, but at least do a bit of research for you. Maybe you could use Danrell's AA (AA) & TD (AT) models? I was gonna look through his models (from each nation) and see which ones had the highest production numbers. Thinking that one could represent the "average" model. He's certainly put down plenty of options in that sense. Perhaps you could, just like most infantry/soldier units, even use multiple models in the same unit?

I know that Danrell's models aren't really representing the CiV "AA/AT"s, those are supposed to be trailer batteries. But, it would at least give flavor to those units.

I have a question. if I would want to use a predeterminated skin of a unit which has been replaced by R.E.D, what I have to do for the new unit cannot have one made by you (you, danrell, bernie, asio, jtitan, snafusmith etc.)? Thanks :p
Can you give an example of what you want to do exactly ?

Hey Gedemon, have you added unique AA/AT units to the mod yet? I was planning on working on that a bit. I can't mod, but at least do a bit of research for you. Maybe you could use Danrell's AA (AA) & TD (AT) models? I was gonna look through his models (from each nation) and see which ones had the highest production numbers. Thinking that one could represent the "average" model. He's certainly put down plenty of options in that sense. Perhaps you could, just like most infantry/soldier units, even use multiple models in the same unit?

I know that Danrell's models aren't really representing the CiV "AA/AT"s, those are supposed to be trailer batteries. But, it would at least give flavor to those units.
I'm reserving those models for an "extended" mod with more unit classes :D

For example, in Blood 4 Oil mod there are unit called Special Forces, which is created with the predeterminated paratrooper model; well these mod reskin the paratrooper unit by one created by Danrell. This mod to conservate the predeterminated paratrooper model has the next SQL, that he uses to define later the paratrooper unit with a Danrell model without defines the predeterminated paratrooper model for Special Forces unit.

Spoiler :

INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitInfos" ('Type','DamageStates','Formation')
SELECT ("ART_DEF_UNIT_WWII_PARATROOPER"), "DamageStates", "Formation"
FROM "ArtDefine_UnitInfos" WHERE (Type = "ART_DEF_UNIT_PARATROOPER");
INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos" ('UnitInfoType','UnitMemberInfoType','NumMembers')
SELECT ("ART_DEF_UNIT_WWII_PARATROOPER"), ("ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_PARATROOPER"), "NumMembers"
FROM "ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos" WHERE (UnitInfoType = "ART_DEF_UNIT_PARATROOPER");
INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats" ('UnitMemberType', 'EnableActions', 'DisableActions', 'MoveRadius', 'ShortMoveRadius', 'ChargeRadius', 'AttackRadius', 'RangedAttackRadius', 'MoveRate', 'ShortMoveRate', 'TurnRateMin', 'TurnRateMax', 'TurnFacingRateMin', 'TurnFacingRateMax', 'RollRateMin', 'RollRateMax', 'PitchRateMin', 'PitchRateMax', 'LOSRadiusScale', 'TargetRadius', 'TargetHeight', 'HasShortRangedAttack', 'HasLongRangedAttack', 'HasLeftRightAttack', 'HasStationaryMelee', 'HasStationaryRangedAttack', 'HasRefaceAfterCombat', 'ReformBeforeCombat', 'HasIndependentWeaponFacing', 'HasOpponentTracking', 'HasCollisionAttack', 'AttackAltitude', 'AltitudeDecelerationDistance', 'OnlyTurnInMovementActions', 'RushAttackFormation')
SELECT ("ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_PARATROOPER"), "EnableActions", "DisableActions", "MoveRadius", "ShortMoveRadius", "ChargeRadius", "AttackRadius", "RangedAttackRadius",
"MoveRate", "ShortMoveRate", "TurnRateMin", "TurnRateMax", "TurnFacingRateMin", "TurnFacingRateMax", "RollRateMin", "RollRateMax", "PitchRateMin", "PitchRateMax", "LOSRadiusScale", "TargetRadius", "TargetHeight", "HasShortRangedAttack", "HasLongRangedAttack", "HasLeftRightAttack", "HasStationaryMelee", "HasStationaryRangedAttack", "HasRefaceAfterCombat", "ReformBeforeCombat", "HasIndependentWeaponFacing", "HasOpponentTracking", "HasCollisionAttack", "AttackAltitude", "AltitudeDecelerationDistance", "OnlyTurnInMovementActions", "RushAttackFormation"
FROM "ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats" WHERE (UnitMemberType = "ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_PARATROOPER");
INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons" ('UnitMemberType', 'Index', 'SubIndex', 'ID', 'VisKillStrengthMin', 'VisKillStrengthMax', 'ProjectileSpeed', 'ProjectileTurnRateMin', 'ProjectileTurnRateMax', 'HitEffect', 'HitEffectScale', 'HitRadius', 'ProjectileChildEffectScale', 'AreaDamageDelay', 'ContinuousFire', 'WaitForEffectCompletion', 'TargetGround', 'IsDropped', 'WeaponTypeTag', 'WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag')
SELECT ("ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_PARATROOPER"), "Index", "SubIndex", "ID", "VisKillStrengthMin", "VisKillStrengthMax", "ProjectileSpeed", "ProjectileTurnRateMin", "ProjectileTurnRateMax", "HitEffect", "HitEffectScale", "HitRadius", "ProjectileChildEffectScale", "AreaDamageDelay", "ContinuousFire", "WaitForEffectCompletion", "TargetGround", "IsDropped", "WeaponTypeTag", "WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag"
FROM "ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons" WHERE (UnitMemberType = "ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_PARATROOPER");
INSERT INTO "ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos" ("Type", "Scale", "ZOffset", "Domain", "Model", "MaterialTypeTag", "MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag")
SELECT ("ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_WWII_PARATROOPER"), "Scale", "ZOffset", "Domain",
("Paratrooper_Generic.fxsxml"), "MaterialTypeTag", "MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag"
FROM "ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos" WHERE (Type = "ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_PARATROOPER");

PD: Sorry for my bad english. Also, I try to know from this how to create my own unit with the predeterminated paratrooper skin with your mod enabled too.

yes, and what is happening that you want to change ?

Well I concluded that the mod to be compatible with yours is modifing SQL files of yours, changing the part ART_DEF_UNIT_PARATROOPER for ART_DEF_UNIT_WWII_PARATROOPER, and ART_DEF_MEMBER_UNIT_PARATROOPER for ART_DEF_MEMBER_UNIT_WWII_PARATROOPER. I can't modify mods that have been created by other users, and the problem is that I don't know other way for a unit like Special forces (in this case) has the normal model. I don't want modify mods, I want create one.

I've been having issues with this modpack ever since I've tried to use it. My game hasn't crashed from R.E.D., but when I load a savegame, the mod doesn't load. The unit scale and graphics are just the vanilla, unmodified graphics and scale. This has been the case for every game with R.E.D. I've played. Has this been discussed before? (I've done a search in the thread and can't find any.) If you need savegames, let me know, although I've been running other mods as well.

how do you load savegames ? you need to go through the mod menu (mods -> next (and not back) -> Single Player -> Load Game)

(The other way is getting the files of the normal paratrooper unit, but I don't know if there is a tutorial which explain how to get models from CiV)

@Ogenvi:
If I understand you correctly, you want to use the built-in Firaxis paratrooper model for a new unit mod you're making but keep compatibility with R.E.D. Is that right?

As for your last question, you don't need to extract the built-in paratrooper model to use it in a mod. You just reference paratrooper.fxsxml in the art define, and the game will find it.

If you really want to extract the model for some reason:
Spoiler If you really want to extract it :
You can unpack them with Nexus (part of the SDK--under the Nexus tab, click Script Browser, then run "Extract PAK (*.fpk) files.") They'll show up in the Resource folder of your Civ5 installation.

Alternatively, you can use the third party tool, Dragon Unpacker.
You need 4 files. You want paratrooper.fxsxml and paratrooper.gr2 in resource\Common and paratrooper_diff.dds and paratrooper_sref.dds in resource\DX9.

If you would like to discuss this, it doesn't really belong in this thread. it would be best to start a new thread in the main Creation & Customization forum.

Any objections if I use 4th generation jet fighter models for ethnicity ?

The in game model is a 5th generation model, but currently only the US have some in service...

Top Bottom