R.E.D. Modpack

R.E.D. Modpack .2

Have you tried deleting the game cache and Mods.sqlite files?
Thank you for this tip. I deleted these files but it did not change the situation. However, it gave me a valuable insight that helped me resolve the issue.

no error in the log, no idea what's wrong, sorry.
Apparently, the problem was that even though I was starting a new game, I was loading the saved configuration (of a previous game setting) from the advanced options instead of starting a fresh new configuration. So, even though I was starting a new game, the previous save configurations perhaps did not take the mod changes into account (I presume). I deleted all the past save configurations and then applied Kanan's advice (for a second time); I deleted all the cache files and the Mods.sqlite files (just to be on the safe side) and created a brand new configuration. I manually pinched in all the civilizations and the game settings for a new game. Now it is working perfectly along with the other mods (that were not working properly before).

Thank you both for helping me with the problem analysis and resolution.
I deeply appreciate it. :)

Huge fan of your work on Civ5, was wondering if an "extreme" version of R.E.D would also be in the works?

Also, if by chance, do you know if it is possible to removed the combat 'explosion' looking effect when units hit each other? or if it is built into the animation. It takes up a large poriton of the combat and is there for all combat types, club/axe, gun, they all have the same exploding effect on contact.

I'm not planning any xtrem version with the current modding framework and the difficulty to provide compatibilyty, but if someone want to make one, he can.

I don't know for the effects.

Gedemon,

Can you update the count for UNIT_ANCIENTEMBARK? I was getting some bug reports about the Maori settlers only having 1 boat and noticed that it is being influenced by the base modpack's setting. Bumping it up to 3 from 1 makes it work. Maybe go higher and lower the scale to increase the embarked count?

I'll have a look

Hi.
I'm new to the forums, and i have a few questions about the Modpack (It's a great one by the way, great work)

1. Will the Steel & Thunder version be updated for Unique Units?
2. I've seen since gathering storm, some units have gotten a lot smaller, like the Caravel. Is this on purpose? It looked fine before, but now it looks a bit too small (I attached an image so you can see)
3. And what happened to the Ironclad? There used to be 3

-Thanks, Joe49115

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX12) 3_16_2019 3_19_56 PM.jpg
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX12) 3_16_2019 3_19_56 PM.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
how easy is it to add custom civs to have RED sized units?

@Gedemon - I hope you don't mind me posting a reply here. As you know, I've been testing what is possible in terms of streamlining compatibility-modding for the R.E.D. unit scale.

@fraggle7 - the R.E.D. unit scale applies to units by type. Therefore, a custom civilization that uses the base-game units (Warrior, Archer, etc) will work straight-out-of-the-box. There's no need to do anything additional.

For new unit types (e.g. new unique units configured as part of that custom civ), which are not defined within the R.E.D modpack, you need to mirror the logic within the Units.artdef so that the game knows those unit types should be rendered at the smaller scale and with more members-per-unit.

I'm in the process of testing the ability to include R.E.D.-modpack compatibility within a single mod - in simple terms, so that a mod can use the original scale for its custom units if the R.E.D modpack is not active, but apply the R.E.D. modpack scale if it is. I will report back.

Top Bottom