1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. World War II development thread

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Lose

Lose King

Really looking forward to the next updates, the world 1936 maps look good but crashes after turn 0 playing as Japan :(

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

it is really annoying to have your plane destroyed :D

more seriously, I hadn't though that diplomacy was used with this mod, but I note to try to find a better fix.

Ideally I would want deals to be canceled at will (with diplomatic penalty) but didn't plan that for R.E.D. WWII but my other mods... Now if I can test it in R.E.D., I'll do it.

3. Lose

Lose King

I dont play around with diplomacy as much on the non world maps, but for the world map I tried to play around with diplomacy as Japan. I think Japan/Germany should be able to declare war on each other and vice versa for the allies.

4. Lose

Lose King

Just tried the world map as Japan 1936, crashes after I hit next for turn 0. I want to play this map so bad :( :(

5. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

I'm stuck with v34 until the convoy crash gets fixed, but that's something to look forward to. :goodjob:

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

you don't get it with v.34 ?

7. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Nope, v34 is fine crash wise.

8. gargoyle575

gargoyle575 Chieftain

I think this should be implemented as an option aside from alternate history. Meaning, "Alternate History" is the same as it is now but with "Complete Alternate History" no events would fire and you can attack whoever you want.

9. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

I second this.

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

A total "Free mode" is planned. Don't ask me when, I didn't even started to think at how many functions will have to be updated. could be very fast or very long :)

I've almost finished the SQL code for the new initialization method for units. Now I have to fill the initialization tables...

11. Parthius

Parthius Chieftain

I've noticed that the AI still has a tendency to attack cities with aircraft long past the point of it doing any good. Namely, it continues to attack a city after the city has reached the minimum level for air damage. If you could put in a test and have the aircraft switch targets once the bombing will have no effect, it would really help the AI.

12. gargoyle575

gargoyle575 Chieftain

This is good to hear, I've just been removing all events (DOF, DOW, PEA) that involve America on the 1936 map so I can play as America without getting forced to join sides.

13. corrylb19

corrylb19 Chieftain

Will v. 38 fix the convoy crash?

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Replacing the AI for bombers like I've done for the fighters is planned, but more complex. That's why I used the "destroy improvements around over-bombed cities" features, to prevent those bombers to completely waste their turn (and HP).

15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I hope it will be fixed before, v.38 is not *soon*

16. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Do you think Hungary could be in by v38, given that what's left to do (not that much) is done?

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

maybe, but it's still not finished AFAIK.

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

ok, debugging the new code has taken me longer than expected, but it's finally done :D

It will save me a lot of time when balancing / adding units.

@T_KCommanderbly: I'll post the project with a quick "how to add new units" once I've merged your work so you can have a look...

19. Maccai

Maccai Chieftain

Do you have plans to add a Liberation of Paris event or something similar to convert Vichy cities back to French control? Currently it doesn't seem like there's a way to get rid of Vichy France with events turned on and locked diplomacy.

20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

yep, planned, I need to define when the event will trigger (the result being Vichy France going under control of the axis power controlling Paris)