R.E.D. World War II development thread

Really looking forward to the next updates, the world 1936 maps look good but crashes after turn 0 playing as Japan :(

what if we dont want to have it open all game?

it is really annoying to have your plane destroyed :D

more seriously, I hadn't though that diplomacy was used with this mod, but I note to try to find a better fix.

Ideally I would want deals to be canceled at will (with diplomatic penalty) but didn't plan that for R.E.D. WWII but my other mods... Now if I can test it in R.E.D., I'll do it.

I dont play around with diplomacy as much on the non world maps, but for the world map I tried to play around with diplomacy as Japan. I think Japan/Germany should be able to declare war on each other and vice versa for the allies.

it is quite annoying, yes :o

from v.37 log:

tell me if it doesn't work.

I'm stuck with v34 until the convoy crash gets fixed, but that's something to look forward to. :goodjob:

Nope, v34 is fine crash wise.

I dont play around with diplomacy as much on the non world maps, but for the world map I tried to play around with diplomacy as Japan. I think Japan/Germany should be able to declare war on each other and vice versa for the allies.

I think this should be implemented as an option aside from alternate history. Meaning, "Alternate History" is the same as it is now but with "Complete Alternate History" no events would fire and you can attack whoever you want.

I second this.

A total "Free mode" is planned. Don't ask me when, I didn't even started to think at how many functions will have to be updated. could be very fast or very long :)

I've almost finished the SQL code for the new initialization method for units. Now I have to fill the initialization tables...

I've noticed that the AI still has a tendency to attack cities with aircraft long past the point of it doing any good. Namely, it continues to attack a city after the city has reached the minimum level for air damage. If you could put in a test and have the aircraft switch targets once the bombing will have no effect, it would really help the AI.

A total "Free mode" is planned. Don't ask me when, I didn't even started to think at how many functions will have to be updated. could be very fast or very long :)

I've almost finished the SQL code for the new initialization method for units. Now I have to fill the initialization tables...

This is good to hear, I've just been removing all events (DOF, DOW, PEA) that involve America on the 1936 map so I can play as America without getting forced to join sides.

If you could put in a test and have the aircraft switch targets once the bombing will have no effect, it would really help the AI.
Replacing the AI for bombers like I've done for the fighters is planned, but more complex. That's why I used the "destroy improvements around over-bombed cities" features, to prevent those bombers to completely waste their turn (and HP).

Do you think Hungary could be in by v38, given that what's left to do (not that much) is done?

maybe, but it's still not finished AFAIK.

ok, debugging the new code has taken me longer than expected, but it's finally done :D

It will save me a lot of time when balancing / adding units.

@T_KCommanderbly: I'll post the project with a quick "how to add new units" once I've merged your work so you can have a look...

Do you have plans to add a Liberation of Paris event or something similar to convert Vichy cities back to French control? Currently it doesn't seem like there's a way to get rid of Vichy France with events turned on and locked diplomacy.

yep, planned, I need to define when the event will trigger (the result being Vichy France going under control of the axis power controlling Paris)

Top Bottom