1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, Aug 15, 2011.

1. doen1000

doen1000 Chieftain

Is that the wrong version?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

with that version you need v.27 of the mod available on steam workshop. The patch .674 have broken compatibility with version 26 of the mod.

3. doen1000

doen1000 Chieftain

Sweet looking forward to playing this. Thanks For ao the hard

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

4. king Oosterveld

king Oosterveld Chieftain

sorry if this has been answered/is stupid, but when i load the scenario, the default civs and not the ones changed/added when i load the mod in the setup. is this normal?

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

no. how exactly do you launch a game with the mod ?

the path is : Main Menu -> Mods (activate the 2 WWII components) -> Next (and not back) -> Single Player (at the top) -> Custom Game (chose scenario here)

6. king Oosterveld

thanks, i was loading the scenario in the wrong place

7. king Oosterveld

i came across another problem when i load any of these scenarios: when i choose a civilization and start the mod, the computer chooses a random civ for me, and when the game loads i see a never ending line with one plot of land, and the minimap is a large ocean. any idea what could be wrong?

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

post your lua.log (see first post)

9. king Oosterveld

i changed the loggingenabled to 1, and i think i did something wrong with the lua.log because this is all it says:

[5721.477] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

wrong file?

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

11. ghostrecon

ghostrecon Chieftain

So why don't you upload the v.27 here too? Ppl don't usually run from one forum to another just to play a mod:) Especially if You have a imac and you cant use the steam workshop crap..

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

because v.26 have more working feature than v.27 and can be used by those lucky enough to have civ in offline mode and not updated...

13. ghostrecon

ghostrecon Chieftain

So If I use a clean version ( disk ) of Civ5 updated till 1.0.1.167 the mod will work?

14. king Oosterveld

well, every problem was fixed (thanks), except for the no production in cities. i assume this has to do with my game version or Gods and Kings, which refuses to disable.

15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

what you mean "refuse to disable" ? what do you do exactly ?

16. king Oosterveld

by refuse to disable, i mean it disables the civs, units etc, but the G&K background is still there, and i can't produce anything in my cities when i run the scenarios. also, every time i open civ, G&K is still activated. is there any other way to disable it other than the DLC menu?

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Make sure you've kept the mongolia DLC activated, this one is mandatory.

yes, but I won't recommend it (moving the Expansion folder out of "\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC" folder)

18. Major.Dump

Major.Dump Chieftain

So then what about v .28? (I currently have that installed and am having crash issues around the Fall of France). Will that issue be fixed if I revert to .27?

Your mod is fantastic and I just want to play 1 game to completion :).

19. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Hello, this mod is better than the default game. but a few things,
    1. It seems like all new projects stop at 1943. Where are the jets?
    2.Do you think you could do a minor axis nation like hungary as a playable civ?
    3. greece should get old british stuff. For example when britian researches the spitfire V the greece unlocks the spitfire II.Hungary could do the same thing.
    4.Britian needs hurricanes. even in 1941, half of britians fighter force were hurricanes.
    On a final note, playing as germany, the BF-109F project will not unlock :(

20. DeadShotm1

DeadShotm1 Chieftain

Same problem as king Oosterveld, I love the mod but when I click on the orange Choose Production banner and click on a production, nothing happens! It just acts like I didn't click it. I had already disabled G&K, and after the production problem showed up, I tried removing the expansion folder, yet my PC was strangely acting up and the game froze. I was loving the complexity of the one turn I played (I am a WW2 history buff, and it seemed to follow the timeline quite well), but would like to play more!

Also, just a suggestion, this game could fit in well with GK, because Marines would make island a little more realistic. Thanks! Oh, and I use RED on all my saves and it makes it look so much better.