R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Anyone else unable to produce fighters from small air factories? Playing 1942 - U.S.

Have two city's with those factories but cant build any planes.

(New to the whole civ game, loving this mod.)

Anyone else unable to produce fighters from small air factories? Playing 1942 - U.S.

Have two city's with those factories but cant build any planes.

(New to the whole civ game, loving this mod.)

Yep, I can't build fighters either. I asked Gedemon about it but didn't receive an answer. It also happens with the 1936 map, as U.S. I haven't played with other leaders though.

From previous page:

Thanks all for the feedbacks and comments :D

Here's a little explanation about the lack of update this last weeks, there are some of the mod's features that has been broken since pre-G&K patch.

The way the events are now called prevent some of the combat-related features to work:
- Retreating units from captured cities
- Give XP to fighters intercepting aircraft
- Capture city but not all the tiles linked to the city in Stalingrad scenario
- Track city bombing to re-base fighters for interception mission (still working for units bombing)
- Custom messages from combat when bombarding
- Create a combat log (a W.I.P. that would have been useful in hotseat to know which units were attacked, which has made interception, etc..)
- others I may have forgotten or not noted yet.

All this won't prevent the mod to work, but it has a big impact on the intended gameplay (especially the retreat from cities part, has the mod is based on territory conquest and units should take a long time to kill, destroying an entire air force in one move is game breaker IMO, as the large tile capture on city conquest for Stalingrad scenario)

So I'm still thinking of a way to fix that one, and I'll leave the other in stand-by, including the non-impacted features, that's the reason I can't give an ETA on next update.

destroying an entire air force in one move is game breaker IMO

I am sure the Soviets said the same thing on the first few days of Operation Barbarossa!:eek2:

But on a more serious note, it makes one quite sad to see a well thought out scenario with interesting gameplay components penalized by the expansion. Has there been any progress exploring the newer API functions to see if things can be restored to their previous glory?

I've got idea, like tracking all units position and statistics in a table, and recreate killed units on city capture from the table. It's a table that exist already in the mod, but is currently used for extra information, not the ones I can get directly from the units... And there's the other features, each ones would require such a workaround, that's a lots of time to lose if Firaxis give us back the function (I know that Thalassicus have contacted them on the subject, as Spatzimaus, then me). If they give it back, and when... As we have 0 communication on the subject, the mod is on hold... Note that give me time to work on other mods like R.E.D. Modpack, Revolution, YnAEMP, etc...

Well that's just frustrating being caught in a catch 22 situation.

IMO, it would be polite (yes, this principle still exists in our world!) for Firaxis to reply with a simple yes or no on this matter. If no then atleast it gives us an incentive to move on and not be stuck in paralysis mode!

I have great fun playing 1939-1945 (1936-1945 got stuck at the fall of Paris sadly). I notice some things while playing.

1. Some researchs gave no new units like the Firefly tank.
2. Lands units dont upgrade.

Nice scenario anyway, I was playing the Brit but i am going to try others as well.

2. Lands units dont upgrade.

They do upgrade, but only under certain circumstances. I'm not certain yet what the circumstances are. It is either a) the land unit to be upgraded has to end turn next to a city, or b) the land unit to be upgraded has to end turn next to a city with a land factory.

Also, it seems that only one unit of a type can upgrade per turn, so it's best to position the units to be upgraded one per each turn instead of pulling them back all at once.

I hope this helps!

Great mod, however, could you make the AI more aggressive? I mean the Germans should have been throwing everything they had at Stalingrad by 1943 and not leaving entire armor divisions sitting idly at random cities.
Oh and just out of curiosity what soundtracks did you add to the game because some of those violin scores fit perfectly with the setting.

They do upgrade, but only under certain circumstances. I'm not certain yet what the circumstances are. It is either a) the land unit to be upgraded has to end turn next to a city, or b) the land unit to be upgraded has to end turn next to a city with a land factory.

Also, it seems that only one unit of a type can upgrade per turn, so it's best to position the units to be upgraded one per each turn instead of pulling them back all at once.

I hope this helps!

You also need to have a surplus of material and manpower, I think Gedemon explained it earlier. But Im also fairly sure that G&K also broke that part a tiny bit, so dont be surprised if some units dont upgrade :)

So far 1942 seem to work the best under G&K; I haven’t tried the Russian campaign yet. I was pondering to uninstall G&K for a while since there are so few scenarios for it yet.

you won't be able to build anything with G&k activated, simply deactivate it in the DLC menu.

hi guys wanting to play this mod for a while, but my units are all showing up wrong. All units show up as some kind of spearman. Ive disabled all dlc except for mongolia. What am i doing wrong?

Except the very unlucky situation with G&K this is an absolutetly great MOD! Did you ever consider to make a difference in the "Material"-ressource? Like split it into Iron(Steel), Coal, Oil, Aluminium, Uran? With a true ressource allocation? To add more strategic importance to cities (especially the strategic ellipse russia/middle east)? Or something like supply-agreements between CIVs to support allies with Material(Ressources) or units (like the USA supportes UK and Sowjet Union with a lot of Material and Units via the persian corridor)?

ressource dependencies:
Just like aircraft and vehicles need oil, ships need coal for maintenance. To produce them they should need steel (tanks, ships. Ships should need a lot of steel when they become big like carriers and battleships). Aircrafts should need aluminium. Of course later ingame, when there are atomic bombs (are there any? Never managed to finish the mod due to time issues in rl), these should need uranium to be built. Perhaps it is usefull to raise ressource amounts to higher numbers in plot to make more exact maintenance between low armored vehicles and heavy armored capital ships eg.

Supply agreements between civs that are not at war with each other:
I dont know which mod it was, but there was a ww2 mod where i had a supply ship travelling from the scandinavian ironmines to northern germany and was a huge strategic issue, playing axis or allies. I dont know if its possible to make these supplyships like carriers for (light) tanks. But some of these could be used to represent the mentioned supply-agreements.

I'm sorry for making all there suggestions, but i am addicted to your mod and totally overmotivated to improve game experience (or at least what what is game experience for me). It's just great and i am very disappointed to here that you are possibly forced to stop work on it due to the extension. Keep going on plssssssssssss!!!

hi guys wanting to play this mod for a while, but my units are all showing up wrong. All units show up as some kind of spearman. Ive disabled all dlc except for mongolia. What am i doing wrong?
Same here :)
wrong version of the mod with wrong version of civilization. which ones are you using ?

Except the very unlucky situation with G&K this is an absolutetly great MOD! Did you ever consider to make a difference in the "Material"-ressource? Like split it into Iron(Steel), Coal, Oil, Aluminium, Uran? With a true ressource allocation? To add more strategic importance to cities (especially the strategic ellipse russia/middle east)? Or something like supply-agreements between CIVs to support allies with Material(Ressources) or units (like the USA supportes UK and Sowjet Union with a lot of Material and Units via the persian corridor)?

ressource dependencies:
Just like aircraft and vehicles need oil, ships need coal for maintenance. To produce them they should need steel (tanks, ships. Ships should need a lot of steel when they become big like carriers and battleships). Aircrafts should need aluminium. Of course later ingame, when there are atomic bombs (are there any? Never managed to finish the mod due to time issues in rl), these should need uranium to be built. Perhaps it is usefull to raise ressource amounts to higher numbers in plot to make more exact maintenance between low armored vehicles and heavy armored capital ships eg.
I wan't to keep it simple, ww2commander's project will have more resources. ;)

Supply agreements between civs that are not at war with each other:
I dont know which mod it was, but there was a ww2 mod where i had a supply ship travelling from the scandinavian ironmines to northern germany and was a huge strategic issue, playing axis or allies. I dont know if its possible to make these supplyships like carriers for (light) tanks. But some of these could be used to represent the mentioned supply-agreements.
That's already in, see the convoy.

I'm sorry for making all there suggestions, but i am addicted to your mod and totally overmotivated to improve game experience (or at least what what is game experience for me). It's just great and i am very disappointed to here that you are possibly forced to stop work on it due to the extension. Keep going on plssssssssssss!!!
I'll resume updating when I've finished my other mods update.

Top Bottom