• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

R1-Fast and Dirty

I'll play - all recommendations sound fine although a standard map will have a lot of room with only 4 tribes.

Cool. I'll withhold my tribe selection until I know what all you studs are picking. I need some sort of handicap... :sad:

Figured ya would, Calis. ;)

I would definitely like to play the Standard Map. A fast rush to kill off your opponents doesn't seem like a Civilization game.

So Chamnix and denyd, care to state your choice of tribes?

Are these the final decisions?

Standard size map
4 tribes - 2 vs. 2
Pangaea
No accelerated production
No SGL's
Statue of Zeus a minor wonder that needs horses
Knights Templar a minor wonder that needs iron
Increased unit support

Anything else? If those are the rules, I'll have my choice soon ;), but I thought you and denyd might get to pick before me since Calis took first pick. Or are we playing where more than 1 person can pick the same tribe?

I would agree to these options

But what about curruption? None or normal?

Please not the same tribes, or only if the teammates have the same tribe. That would be acceptable - for me at least ;)

Those options look fine to me. ;) I would take Celts if we could do same tribes.
Oh, and normal corruption is fine by me.

Go ahead and choose your tribe, denyd. I'll come up with mine in a bit.

Ok, I'll go with Sumeria. I never play them 'cause I don't like the UU, so it'll be a challenge.

I was going to pick Sumer, but unless we're doing repeating tribes I'll take the Iroquois.

Sorry, I waited about 15 hours for your reply. :dunno:

Cool. So we have 3 AA UUs. A first tier, a second tier, and a third tier. Then there's a second tier Middle Age UU.

It'll be an AGR/REL and a MIL/IND versus an AGR/COM and an AGR/SCI.

We've got two fast moving UUs, one really fast moving UU, and a dorky gateshack security guard UU.

Should I find someone to make a Map?

EDIT: Already looking.

Note: I have the BIQ file for all of the DD games, so all of those maps are available, just scramble the resources, relocated/change to the new tribes and they be ready to go. I did make an effort to insure all tribes had a balance of luxuries & resources.

BTW: Would either Calis or Chamnix be interested in seeing the original R-1 BIQ file?

Note: I have the BIQ file for all of the DD games, so all of those maps are available, just scramble the resources, relocated/change to the new tribes and they be ready to go. I did make an effort to insure all tribes had a balance of luxuries & resources.

BTW: Would either Calis or Chamnix be interested in seeing the original R-1 BIQ file?

Please do not regard this as a sign of distrust denyd, but I'd rather have some neutral person making a map. I think it's also more exciting for yourself. Especially in a match with AW...

I have PM'd Greekguy to see if he would be willing to make a map.

Calis: I understand fully what you mean...I'm finding SABER02 my most enjoyable game as every time I move a scout, I'm uncovering unknown terrain.

Since no on selected an EXP tribe, any problems with adding a free scout to each nation to get the local terrain uncovered quicker?

I'm against a free scout. But hold on, let's see if greekguy responds.

I have PM'd Greekguy to see if he would be willing to make a map.

I'm against a free scout. But hold on, let's see if greekguy responds.

I would be willing to make a map for you guys.

I do have to warn you though: I have never made a full-fledged map from scratch before. I've tried a few times, but never finished.

So, if you're willing to trust your game to a rookie, I could give it a go and have one ready within a week.

Great, greekguy. Thanks for the help. I have no problem waiting, as I'm constantly swamped with PBEMs already. So a week will go by quickly. Please PM me if you have any questions or need assistance. Thanks again.

Top Bottom