Raffle: Win a copy of PocketCiv! (Raffle is over)

Just move the beginning of the game much closer to the end, call it Instaciv :)

Do I take it "Pocket"Civ is designed to be played on a smartphone then ?

Pocket civ? :S

Anyway, a Civ game could have an actual civil war mechanic. There was a civil war in CivII, but it was too basic, and your country randomly split to others depending only on civ color ( :p ). I think that population (particularly local majorities) could be factored in to make this interesting.

Just move the beginning of the game much closer to the end, call it Instaciv :)

Do I take it "Pocket"Civ is designed to be played on a smartphone then ?
PocketCiv is an adaptation of an old print and play board game, which was designed to be played anywhere as everything you needed could fit in a pocket. So far we have only released our version for PC and Mac, but we are starting work on an iPhone version that will be coming soon.

Will PocketCiv run on Linux?
It's something we have considered and we have had other requests for a Linux port, but we aren't sure yet (mostly it's an issue of testing because I don't think anyone on our team is running a Linux build). Would you be more interested in trying out PocketCiv if it had a Linux port?

It's something we have considered and we have had other requests for a Linux port, but we aren't sure yet (mostly it's an issue of testing because I don't think anyone on our team is running a Linux build). Would you be more interested in trying out PocketCiv if it had a Linux port?
Absolutely!

Actually many moden games run fine on Linux, more than one would think. I've played Civ 5, Civ 6, The Witcher 1-3 and several others on Linux, without any bugs or issues.

Pocket civ? :S

Anyway, a Civ game could have an actual civil war mechanic. There was a civil war in CivII, but it was too basic, and your country randomly split to others depending only on civ color ( :p ). I think that population (particularly local majorities) could be factored in to make this interesting.

Will PocketCiv run on Linux?
You both still need to phrase a post to qualify for the raffle ;).

You both still need to phrase a post to qualify for the raffle ;).
Making it obvious I didn't read the op :/

Well, I can't think of a reason to preemptively ask for less of something. I am sure it wouldn't help to rephrase to "less of not featuring civil war mechanics", since the question is about stuff already planned to be there.

Land per tile (so smaller tiles). It's pretty annoying trying to have a decent tactical battle when all you have is city-sized battalions.

Absolutely!

Actually many moden games run fine on Linux, more than one would think. I've played Civ 5, Civ 6, The Witcher 1-3 and several others on Linux, without any bugs or issues.
Ok, thank you for this feedback! I'll pass it along to the team.

Too late to get in on this? Apparently not!

I'd like less currencies and other statistical assets to raise (actually fewer, but never mind the grammar). I counted the ones in Civ 6 and came up with *deep breath* food, population, housing, production, amenities, power, gold, science, culture, faith, tourism, diplomatic favor, governor titles, envoys, trade route capacity, spy capacity, each strategic resource, and all the separate types of great person points. And possibly a few more depending on what you think counts. Certainly worth streamlining in future games.

Too late to get in on this? Apparently not!
Indeed, not yet!
We'll take submissions until May 9 is officially over on this planet (that is, in...er... not sure, 10 hours or so), then we'll get around to draw the winners.

Quick collection: Eligible users are:

Now I'll see and find a website which will roll me 3 out of these list, and I'll come back here again.

Attachments

• raffle_winners.png
    raffle_winners.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom