1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random CTD after loading a saved game

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Crusader2010, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Crusader2010

Crusader2010 Chieftain

Hello,

I'm getting the following error just after trying to load a saved game:

"Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
    File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\corelibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9VBManager.cpp, line:1019"

This is very strange because it comes after a sudden crash at the end of a turn, but no error appeared then. I've got 8GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTX 770 video card with 4GB of VRAM. I really doubt that it needs that much. I'm running the latest SVN version of 7856.

My minidump file is empty but i attached the .log file from python and the saved game that should crash when trying to load it.

Attached Files:

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

This will happen for me if I've loaded the mod twice because I forgot if I started loading it or not during the delay between selecting to and the visual load process appearing on the desktop.

3. Harrier

Harrier Deity

If you accidently double click, when loading - you may get this error.

4. Crusader2010

Crusader2010 Chieftain

thanks for letting me know. Although i'm really sure i did not double click anything. Gonna keep checking.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Re-install the DX9 that came with the game. That's what that error is trying to tell you. You probably have DX11 and it's overwritten a portion of DX9 it did not need to. This is a common problem with DirectX releases.

JosEPh