Random CTD after loading a saved game

Crusader2010

Chieftain
Hello,

I'm getting the following error just after trying to load a saved game:

"Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\corelibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9VBManager.cpp, line:1019"

This is very strange because it comes after a sudden crash at the end of a turn, but no error appeared then. I've got 8GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTX 770 video card with 4GB of VRAM. I really doubt that it needs that much. I'm running the latest SVN version of 7856.

My minidump file is empty but i attached the .log file from python and the saved game that should crash when trying to load it.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 52
  • AutoSave_BC-11900.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
This will happen for me if I've loaded the mod twice because I forgot if I started loading it or not during the delay between selecting to and the visual load process appearing on the desktop.

Hello,

I'm getting the following error just after trying to load a saved game:

"Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\corelibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9VBManager.cpp, line:1019"

If you accidently double click, when loading - you may get this error.

thanks for letting me know. Although i'm really sure i did not double click anything. Gonna keep checking.

Re-install the DX9 that came with the game. That's what that error is trying to tell you. You probably have DX11 and it's overwritten a portion of DX9 it did not need to. This is a common problem with DirectX releases.

JosEPh

Top Bottom