What on Earth is event 157 on about?

Event157
Healing Plant
Prereq:
Obsolete: FEUDALISM or MACHINERY or PHILOSOPHY
Active/Weight: 70/100
Result:
1.+1 happy face for 10 turns
2.+1 angry face (like whipped) in all cities, 20% chance of 4 and 35% chance of 5
3.+2 angry faces (like whipped) in all cities, 50% chance of 4 and 90% chance of 6
4.all cities lose 1 population
5.all cities gain +1 healthy face
6.all cities gain +2 healthy faces

Some of these options are just confusing.

:lol:
Healing Plant is you discover a plant that could give :health: if you do further research. If you don't you get 10 turns of :) - if you do limited research you have a small chance of losing one pop in each of your cities and a chance of gaining one permanent :health:. If you do full blown research you have a high chance of losing one pop in all your cities and a very high chance of gaining two permanent :health:

The way I wrote the list in my thread was just parsing the xml files - and this is done like this with a number of choices (4-6) which you don't get to choose from but are dependent on which of 1-3 you choose...

:lol:
Healing Plant is you discover a plant that could give :health: if you do further research. If you don't you get 10 turns of :) - if you do limited research you have a small chance of losing one pop in each of your cities and a chance of gaining one permanent :health:. If you do full blown research you have a high chance of losing one pop in all your cities and a very high chance of gaining two permanent :health:

The way I wrote the list in my thread was just parsing the xml files - and this is done like this with a number of choices (4-6) which you don't get to choose from but are dependent on which of 1-3 you choose...

On that event, can anyone check the code to see if there is anything additional. This event occurs fairly often, and sometimes really early in the game. I have gotten the impression that if you are supposed to lose a pop, but the only city you have is size 1, you are not going to get the two permanent :health: (but you still get the two :mad:).

I think the reason it often occurs early is that it has no prereqs and is a bit higher weight than most of the earliest events.

Quest11:
War Chariots
Prereq: THE_WHEEL AND State Religion
Obsolete: MONARCHY or LITERATURE or CODE_OF_LAWS or AESTHETICS or MATHEMATICS or ALPHABET or HORSEBACK_RIDING or IRON_WORKING or METAL_CASTING
Active/Weight: 25/200
Aim:
Build default number of players for this world size +1 Chariots (8 for standard)
Result:
1.All Chariot units gain the Combat 1 promotion
2.Spread your state religion to 5 own cities
I believe I've just received this quest, but I don't have a state religion. Is it possible the presence of a state religion isn't required to get the quest, but only to get item 2 when you complete it?

**Event30
Brothers in Need
Prereq: You and other AI have same state religion AND can trade resources AND you have more then 1 of any of the listed resources AND the other AI lacks this resource: COPPER or IRON or HORSE or IVORY or OIL or URANIUM AND other AI is at war AND you are not at war
Obsolete: None
Active/Weight: 100/1000
Result:
1.Nothing
2.you gift Copper
3.you gift Iron
4.you gift Horse
5.you gift Ivory
6.you gift Oil
7.you gift Uranium

it depends on who you want to stay friends with. the prereqs are a bit confusing. i'm not sure if i have every gotten this event, but i have been asked for resources during wartime.

I got this a few times and never understood the point. If I wanted to gift something like copper, I could simply have gifted it on my own, and not wait for an event to ask me if I want to gift copper.

What is the benefit to this?

hi all!

i've played civ on marathon huge settings, monarch and seen such events like civ game and other - which are not prepsented in posts above.

can anyone provide new info about events pls? :)

@obsolete
Well for you as a smart human the event has close to zero merits (but it adds +1 diplo!, "past events have proved blah-blag nature to us")
however in a OCC game it happened Peter to gift me horses (traded immediately for HBR) so I could build horse archers and killed the siege that was bombarding the city.
Fact is the AI won't cancel the deal (or I think so), if you hook the resource later you can sell it or so.

The AI can cancel the deal.

Event137
Experienced Captain
Prereq: City with Drydock naval unit with 7 or more XP
Obsolete: None
Active/Weight: 95/200
Result:
1.City gains +2 gold for its drydock
2.you pay 250 gold AND city gains Military Academy

you need steel for dry-dock. it has a high payoff, especially for just keeping one ship in harbor for a few-many turns. it will occur in almost every game you play, though its average weight means that it may take many turns to actually trigger. might as well go for the cheap military academy, though.

You don't have to keep the ship in port to get this. I just got it in my current game, due to a Trireme that was monitoring Joao's capital at the time (yes, I still had a Trireme around post-Steel, so what?). No high-XP ships in port at that point.

The corollary, unfortunately, is that you can't govern which city gets it.

this is telling you that after 56 turns, there is a 99.5% chance of this event triggering during one of those turns, if it is in the game at all. this particular event is not really a practical example, but it is illustrative.

50% chance after 56 turns, not 99.5%.

Top Bottom