RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

I would like to lay plans for establishing a Research Agreement with your great nation. Doing so would require each of us to spend 150 [ICON_GOLD]. What do you think?[NEWLINE][NEWLINE](Agreeing will not form a Research Agreement yet)

I would like to borrow your Bhutan city-list, if I might. I will, of course, make the appropriate credits.

I accept your offer. I hope our mutual cooperation will benefit Bhutan overall and lead to the creation of a "Family Feud" AI game somewhere along the line. Jigme and Jigme vs Maria and Pedro vs Poundmaker and Crowfoot. Take notes, AI game runners.

And maybe his Modjesty will show his thanks with some coding magic in the future. *dream mode off?* :p

... and (maybe a bit more obscure) Pasquale Paoli vs Thomas Jefferson (when released), both of whom had a romantic relationship with the same woman, artist Maria Cosway.

Or Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt. (do 5th cousin count?)

Or Napoleon and Napoleon III, for that ma- oh, right, Yucatan!

I'm still disappointed that the Second Republic was reannexed into Mexico before the advent of armoured warfare.

Yucatank.

Yucatank best tank.

Yucatank is fight.

hello!! only a little question: some posts ago you had an idea for a new design for your Rodhesian civ, with a new UA and their UA changed to a decision , and it seems so cool. any plans about this?? thanks

I'm pretty sure that Sasquatch has also stated that updating Rhodesia is near the bottom of his priorities - with stuff like finishing Yucatan, releasing the Texan update and updating California (alongside possibly Biafra and other civs) being higher up on that list.

Yep, pretty much all of the above. And since I haven't really conveyed what my plans for my mods are with the reveal of Civ 6, let me do so now. I intend to finish every single civ I have planned, come hell or high water. Even if it delays my incursions into modding Civ 6, I'm gonna get it all done. Heck, I even have one or 2 civs I haven't publicly talked about yet that I honestly might want to do as well if nobody else has done them by the time I get to end of my queue.

Now, as for listing ALL my priorities in order, I can't really list them in one-by-one order, but instead by tiers.

Utmost Importance
  • NCR & Legion Update
  • Texas Update
  • Yucatan
Secondary Priorities
  • California Update
  • Boer update for CL
  • Kurdistan
  • Whichever Fallout Civs Jan wants to do art for (if any)
Lesser Priorities
  • Biafra
  • Whichever Fallout Civs Jan doesn't want to do art for
  • Cascadia
  • Rhodesia Update
  • Vermont
Lowest Priority
  • Deseret Rerelease
  • Gullah Geechee Rerelease
  • Cajuns (With CL)
  • 2 unmentioned possible civs

Any help anyone wants to offer is more than welcome, with Lua being the top demand, but if you want to contribute art you should ask me before doing it, because I may have done it already and just not posted it.

And as for those 2 unannounced civs, it may just end up being one civ. I just really want someone to make use of Hiram's icon for Ukraine under Yulia Tymoshenko, and I wouldn't mind showing some Ukrainian patriotism to counter JFD's Putin if nobody else will. The only idea I have design-wise, though, is a UA that has something to do with diplomacy, and an Azov Battalion UU that gains some sorts of bonuses from diplomatic relationships. The other civ would be the Tongva (natives to the Los Angeles area and Channel Islands), led by Toypurina. That's one I have a bit more of a fleshed-out design for, though not by much.
Spoiler :
The Tongva (Toypurina)
Start Bias: Coast
Capital: :c5capital: Puvunga
UA: Továngar
Founding cities on landmasses away from your capital provides a boost of :c5culture: Culture. Marshes and flat resourceless tiles in Tongva lands may spawn Tar Pits, which yield :c5production: Production and can be excavated by Archaeologists.
UU: Ti'at (Replaces Scout)
May Embark immediately with +1 Sight and extra Strength, but is weaker and more expensive than the normal Scout. May found Cities on foreign landmasses, and heals faster when in Tar Pits or Forests.
UB: Kiiy (Replaces Granary?)
???

Kiiy is a name for a Tongva house/structure, but I'm depicting the fire pits that were found inside them or the larger fire pits that were found outside, where cooking was apparently a big community event, because of the apparent lack of a known Tongva word for "fire pit". And I'm really not 100% sold on the first part of the UA. Luckily, they're so far down my priority list that I don't have to worry too much about that right now. Also, since this mod would be a labor of love for my home area of Los Angeles before its natural wonders got obliterated by urbanization, I even have a perfect base for the leader scene's background (even though Toypurina came from an inland village.)

I think I gave a Ukraine design to Our World with the following components:

UA: Breadbasket of Europe: trade routes you establish with foreign cities, or foreign cities with you, transmit food like internal trade routes.
UB: Maidan: replaces Stock Exchange. Also includes a slot for a GWoA/Artifact.

yulias ukraine is defintiely a good way to attract the worst possible people to your steam comments section anyway, especially with an azov battalion UU...

Ukraine deserves a not-Hetmanate/not-Rus' civ, and Tymoshenko is probably the most interesting leader you can choose among the recent ones. She is generally liked unlike some of the Ukrainian presidents. But I agree, Azov Battalion is a very large bait for the horrible steam comments.

yulias ukraine is defintiely a good way to attract the worst possible people to your steam comments section anyway, especially with an azov battalion UU...
I agree, Azov Battalion is a very large bait for the horrible steam comments.

Where do you think you are?
But for real, doing civs that most would avoid due to stigma or irrelevance is pretty much my whole shtick. And I can't come up with any other UUs off the top of my head, as there aren't really that many indigenous Ukrainian-designed Tanks, Helicopters, or Artillery that are also in widespread enough use or are innovative enough to deserve representation. In fact, the ONLY other fitting Modern Ukrainian UU I could think of would be the BTR-4 to replace Mechanized Infantry, which honestly wouldn't be too bad if it weren't so late-game, but it still lacks the edge/recognizability of the Azov Battalion. It feels almost like a cop-out, like a store-brand Ukrainian UU. It's the UU your parents would get you for Christmas because the nice clerk at the UU store told them that the Azov Battalion UU you asked for isn't appropriate for someone your age.

Let's not forget I'm also making a Kurdistan civ, and I'm honestly expecting WAY worse comments on that than on any Ukraine mod. "You should make ISIS"

Top Bottom