1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Raze An Empty Barbarian Camp 100 Times by Reloading

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by tuckerkao, Dec 12, 2011.

1. NorthNovas

NorthNovas Chieftain

Speaking of achievements for SP I guess they don't work when in a mod? I had a couple in vanilla games before using mods and achievements that I should have gotten didn't get recognize like a victory with a new leader. Connoisseur was the only badge recognized rating a mod.

It's definitely not important enough to go back to vanilla games to get them! Just curious. :xmascheers:

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

That's correct, within a mod you don't get credit for regular achievements

3. tuckerkao

tuckerkao King

Thanks for the tips I unlocked "Win any Multi-Player Match" this morning.

Extract the attached savegame file (1 Turn until Cultural Victory) to the following directory after unzipping

Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\multi

Launch Civ 5, Multi Player, Local Network, Host a Game (once), Load Game, Load my savegame, Launch Game - I need some people to check out the details, I played Continents - Small Map, Both achievements are still locked - I guess it must be for single player only. The good thing is that I started this game in a fantastic location with the exact layout I wanted from the random map generations, so I won the game before other two players researched Astronomy and they were stucked in other continents and fought against each other. 3 Players total works the best for me if I'm the only one on my continent.

Attached Files:

4. spmosc

spmosc Chieftain

Well, he's another tip for you. You could have started "future era" on minimap with two players and win much faster (for example, space victory i think would take ~25 turns) than spending 247 turns for cultural victory, if this achievement is so important...

5. Mavfin

Mavfin AC was still the best!

Exactly. Ok, so the OP cheated to get an achievement. Why did he bother posting here?

6. HammerandSickle

HammerandSickle Warlord

I think they're called achievements for us to achieve them, aren't they? ;)

7. That nerdy kid

That nerdy kid Vampire Slayer Slayer

such as in hl2 ep 2 killing the antlion larvae?