raze apostolic

A good thing too. Loathsome feature.

Unfortunately there's often a shrine in there too and there are a couple of reasons for not squishing that.

If it's built in a holy city you need to think twice about razing, shrine or no shrine. You get a diplo hit from razing a holy city. But if it's built elsewhere and it's giving you too much grief, burn it to the ground.

Just one of the reasons I turn off that victory condition.

I probably would if it didn't disable the UN as well. I find the UN can be a useful way to close a conquest type game out without slogging through the last Civ.

I would like to see the AP's diplo aspect gone, but I like the extra :hammers: and I like the UN (even when it turns out unfavorably to me).

Can be very good in sgotm games, the way Neil creates evil AIs for us ;)
But yip as Zero says, hammers loss = bad if you built temples/monastaries.
Can still be better razing thou, look ahead if it's more likely to help or annoy in future wars.

and don't forget that you are in the election if you keep it, probably won't win the first vote but with the right vassals (one of which probably built the AP) you often get to win the second vote

On huge hemispheres maps, the AP influence is most of the time negligible.

I probably would if it didn't disable the UN as well. I find the UN can be a useful way to close a conquest type game out without slogging through the last Civ.

That's what a domination win is for. ;)

When we play MP we disable Diplo, tech trading, and vassals since we don't want humans abusing AIs. As a result, when I play SP I usually play the same settings just to try out the different things posted here and at other sites.

Domination on a islands map is micro-hell though. 8 billion one-tile islands to conquer. :-/

I like the vassalisation thing. Kick the door in and get them to put their hands up, then move on. I really can't be doing with chasing down all the cities.

Yeah vassals helps there. But it is so broken for MP games that I just leave it off even for SP.

Top Bottom