RB12 - Roadkill

Well, I loaded up the game, saw Peter willing to trade us some Oil, and thought "Excellent!".

Except that he wants hit musicals, hit movies, spices, pigs, incense and over 250 gold per turn for it.

This is Jack's jaw, lying broken on the floor.

I'll play tomorrow, as I do not feel I can do the game justice tonight.

On the bright side, I very much doubt that even Cyrus will be able to get his spaceship done in the fifty turns left.

Time flies by when you are having fun. In my case, it made the token effort and crawled at a respectable pace.

These ten turns I spent patching up our Navy and defeating the occasional Greek pillager. Researched flight, rocketry and started on genetics to help with the unhealthiness. We could make peace with Alex if we wanted to, but there’s not much for us to do – I don’t think we can build a spaceship in the forty turns left.

So far, our space race enemy is still shown as Cyrus who built all five SS casings, and hasn’t done much else during my turn. We are slightly ahead of him in score. I suggest researching whatever he and Peter have researched already, so as not to provide him with any bonuses.

Maybe we could declare on him just to stop him building SS parts? Then again, not yet.

Also, have a look at the screenshot. The two workers on Japanese island are building an irrigation chain to Osaka. After finishing the job on FP, suggest you farm over the town directly south of Osaka to finish it.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 164
semi-lurker comment
Keep it going guys! Almost . . . there . . . Stay on target!!

Sorry about taking so long. To tell you the truth I completely forgot about this game. It is hard keeping it going with only two people. I'll try to play tonight.

Well, it took me a week to play my turn, so who am I to complain? :)

Seriously, take your time.

Alright I finally got these turns completed.

Signed peace with alex for 150 gold and 8gpt. I resigned a lot of deals to maximize prophit. Researched rocketry and now we are going for composites for modern armor. We have 2 Great people outside of Osaka so I suggest starting a golden age.

This game is pretty much in the bag. We are way ahead of score with everyone except Cyrus. I don't think he will be able to complete the spaceship with only 30 turns left. I suggest we build up military until we are able to take out one or two of Cyrus's cities to knock down his score. A time victory will probably be the only way we can win this now that Mongolia won't vote for us in the UN.

I put some signs up to point out our army staging points and where most of our naval units are. Can I suggest playing 15 turns now since there are only 30 turns left? I'm only suggesting this if want to get this game over with and don't feel like having to play 2 more turnsets.

And the save:

Most excellent! I will play fifteen, as you suggested, but may not get to it until end of this week or early next week.

The year is 2020, so put on your mirrorshades, jack into the Net, wear your skinweave like the man, woman or neither that you are, and fight the evil, oppressive and faceless corporations... umm, wrong game?

The year is 2020, and the Republic of Spain is entering its final days. The godless liberals finally won enough seats in parliament, and passed the law for free religion, deeply dividing them and the Buddhist moral majority. How, the latter ask, will our youth grow to be proper Spaniards if not by following the teachings of Buddha?

In the same year, the newly elected Prime Minister orders a secret investigation into the archives of the medieval demon-worshipping Spanish dynasty. His cronies find a tome with an arcane rite that allows them to awaken… something. They bargain with it, selling not just their souls but the future of their entire world, now doomed to be destroyed in a mortal’s lifespan.

Having acquired forbidden knowledge, the cultists sacrifice two great Spanish people – a famed engineer and a priest, in exchange for a time of prosperity for the nation. This gets them to research Composites quicker, to allow for building Modern Armor, for which they have grand plans.

The Realpolitik wing of the party in power points out that although the primary enemy of Spain has always been Persia, going directly against them is a costly and losing proposition. Instead they point to Greece – a fertile and populuous island, who, they reason, should be taken for the glory of Spain.

Thus, sometime in the twenties, war is declared on Emperor Alexander, citing numerous offenses in the past. Out of the three cities on his island, Thermopylae (the one nearest us) is taken immediately by judicious application of combined forces – a marine invasion with air and sea support.

Then the invasion gets bogged down in the seemingly limitless forces of enemy infantry and cavalry pouring from Athens. Most of the invasion forces are slain, and the Parliament passes Freedom of Information act, making it illegal for non-state sponsored reporters to be present at the battle front, as they cannot guarantee their safety.

Interestingly enough, no public outcry worldwide is heard, although this probably has nothing to do with the fact that Spain houses the UN offices and foots their bills.

Only the arrival of small quantities of newly built Modern Armor changes the tide of battle, destroying the remainder of Greek forces in both capital and Sparta. In the year 2034, Sparta falls, and peace is signed, though the Greeks refuse to part with another city. It will be some time before the insurgents are pacified, unfortunately, so for the citizens’ safety, martial law will stay in effect throughout the formerly Greek lands for the next decade.

Meanwhile, as the scientists strive to reach the limits of human understanding, shadows gather and only a few unlucky souls realize that the stars will come right soon – in just fifteen years, and it is no longer possible to do anything about it. The humanity’s warfare has proven to be its downfall. No survivors will be left by the awakening of the Great Old Ones, and no humans will ever leave their solar system.

Our only consolation is to be the best of all the human nations when our time comes to an end. But perhaps that was always the only thing to hope for?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 176
Alright. I'm up in another SG but I'll probably only have time to play one. I'm playing this right now to get this game over with. :lol:

A new leader arrived at the head of the Spaniard government in 2035. A phycopathic one, me. :)

Stating numerous offences against the spanish people by Cyrus and his regime I swiftly declared war. Casualties were high but so what, pay back is nice.

The first year of the war has many nice victories for the Spanish. Including these two city captures.

Unfortunately the following year losses occured. Gordium was recaptured by Cyrus but our army recaptured gordium the following year. However, Cyrus outnumbered us in this occasion and finally took the city back once and for all. But what do we care, we have a new Persian city under our control now.

I then realized there wasn't enough time to capture another Persian city. However we had a few spare units left at Dariush.....and there happened to be another city on the isle, even if it wasn't Persian :devil:

And then my turnset ended. With this result...

:woohoo:

It's been a fun ride, even if we weren't able to ride on the roads.

Thanks for the great game guys.

And the save for HOF:

Hahahaha!!!

As the Great Cthulhu rises from the depths, the remaining leaders of the Spanish nation high-five each other and clumsily perform victory dances...

Seriously, this has been a hell of a ride.

My hat goes off to my teammates - Xenikos, Zed-F, Perplexity, Torello and especially knupp715, who stuck it out with me to the not-so-bitter end!

This game definitely developed in ways not anticipated by... well, me at least. We have been at war with pretty much the whole world except the Mongols - now how often do you get to say that? We took over the starting islands of not one, not two, but three civilizations. We razed holy cities, took and lost ground, made and broke peace treaties every other turnset.

At times it's been depressing, at others hopeful, but it never stopped being a struggle.

So thanks for an excellent game!

Awesome game guys!! Thanks for not giving up and keeping the game going ~ :goodjob:

Top Bottom