RB29c - Cultural Extermination

Tabriz has alot of units and getting rid of them took ages, even with not loosing any battles. It is eventually left with one artillery and our ex-navy.
That was quite sly of him...I guess he was planning a counter from Tabriz, and I had moved some units away, expecting him to concentrate on Beshbalik and Karakorum.

sunrise is up and should be back from his trip today, which is handy.

It is now the year 2000.

Turn 4: Old Sarai flips to us. I raze the city, and will re-found in a better position to flip Beshbalik.

Turn 5: Tarenturn founded.

I rushed cultural buildings in all of our border territories, as usual. I also attacked Khan's cities whenever he built a second defender. I have lots of missionaries in Tarenturn, as well as more on the way so we can place them into the next city that flips as required. The city itself has six of the seven religions IIRC. Militarily there are no threats.

The Roster:
sooooo - being skipped?
Ozbenno
Qwack - ???
Sunrise089 - just played
Kodii - up!
Swiss Pauli - on deck

The Save:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/91988/RB29_-_Cultural_Extermination_AD-2000.Civ4SavedGame

Well, looks like we're not gonna shift Khan. We got a revolt in Arpinum and, in desperation, I dropped an Aritst bomb on New Sarai. As a result, Beshbalik is slowly yielding to our culture asn may revolt before the game is over, but I doubt it will flip. Trying for another artist at Smolensk, and, in other news, we completed Broadway and some cathedrals at Karakorum.

We could get Tabriz from GK for peace, but I think that would go against the spirit of the variant, if not the letter.

If off for some holidays, so I'll not be checking back much after Wednesday.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96651/RB29_-_Cultural_Extermination_AD-2020.Civ4SavedGame

Hi, er, some pictures would be good for those of us without civ access :)

BTW, I don't think getting a city for peace would be against the spirit. In fact, I think we should do it. Also with JC if we are still at war with him (which I can't see because no pictures for 4 turnsets).

Well, JC wouldn't give any interesting cities for peace (I didn't ask for Arpinum).

There's not much for screenshots...tile x moving from 81% to 79% Mongolian culture isn't a great image, but here's a couple for ya cap'ain:

Well JC won't give a tech or a city for peace :mad:

GK will give us Turfan but that won't really help too much. May be worth thinking about though.

We build Rock n Roll.

I merge the GM here as it gives 2cpt.

I notice the GA hiding in New Sarai eventually and do this (using our new favourite trick) ;)

Hmmm, borders don't move but it lowers GK's ownership 8% of the tiles outside Samarqand.

Another revolt in Turfan.

JC now offers a city. I'll leave it for now.

Finally a flip. :goodjob:

I keep it as we can't get another city in to pressure Samarqand.

GK now offers Tabriz.

This may actually be good as it is still more than 50% Mongol.

20 turns to go, sigh :)

Pretty much we need to decide whether to take the cities on offer. GK's is a good offer but JC's is the least useful of his cities to us.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/88650/RB29_-_Cultural_Extermination_AD-2030.Civ4SavedGame

As sooooo thinks it's OK to take cities for peace, we might as well do so.

I'm off on holiday tonight, so catch up with you guys in a week or so!

I still can't play until maybe monday, so I think it's best that Kodii plays the last few turns. Then we can report we've finished and maybe start discussing the game, not sure how RB29b are doing though.

Top Bottom