RBW1 - The True Isolationist

I've got it and will play tomorrow night. Looks like we're boxed in on a peninsula by Elizabeth. There will be 1 or 2 city sites in the east, possibly we should let lizzy use a settler for the crabs/corn/pig site and take it off her later. Next research should be BW IMO to find the location of copper. Hopefully we can time a settler to come out simultaneously.

I wasn't sure how many turns to play so I played 20 which coincided with the discovery of bronze working.

IHT: I MM every city in our vast empire

T1 (3070 BC) Farm done, worker heads to gold.

T2 (3040 BC) Hinduism FIDL.

T3 (3010 BC) Archery -> BW. We're size 2, work the corn farm and a grass forest.

T4 (2980 BC) Begin a gold mine.

T5 (2950 BC) Buddhism FIDL. Elizabeth is the founder.

T8 (2860 BC) Scout -> Archer

T10 (2800 BC) Gold mine is done, and we're at size 3. We work a grass forest, corn farm and the gold mine.

T11 (2770 BC) Our scout kills a lion, heals.

T12 (2740 BC) Start deer camp

T16 (2620 BC) Meet everyone's favourite beard stroker, compliment him on his new post-warlords lime-green colour. He's the founder of Hinduism.

T17 (2590 BC) Deer camp done, as is our first archer. I begin another archer here as it will be done (almost) in time as we grow to size 4, which means we can build a settler while working our 4 resource tiles. Plus the barbs on Warlords are a bit scarier than on vanilla.

T20 (2500 BC) Must have skipped barb warriors as the first non-animal we see is a barb archer in the east. BW finished, set research on The Wheel. Worker is ready to mine the second gold next turn.

No copper is visible. After The Wheel I suggest Iron Working.

yeah hit iw now.. we really need a metal on this super chunk. if we are to expand it's gonna be through lizzy huh, so nice of her to give us a bud. Least lizzy doesn;t have combat traits and an early UU :D

Cheers!
-Liq

IBT - switch to Iron Working
2470 Barb warrior shows up to the south, but I order the worker to begin mining.
2440 Barb warriro runs away.
2410 Archer completes, start settler.
2380 Standoff in the east, the barb archer does not attack our archer in the forest, and I don't attack at 50-50. Both fortify.
2320 2nd mine completes. Now settler and iron working due in 11.
2290 Meanwhile, our scout discovers the Buddhist holy city of York. It's on a hill and has access to marble. Quarry already in operation. It's currently defended by 2 archers.
2170 I prechop a couple forests, on the west bank and the one due north of Washington. It'll be awhile before our city grows to size 5. Our scout also discovers Liz's 3rd (!) city.
2140 Discover London, not on a hill and defended by 3 archers.
1990 A momentous year as iron is discovered in our capital city, and the settler completes. I have 3 more turns to go, but want to know where the team would like to put the 2nd city.

I suppose we should expand to the west and grab the pig, sheep, clam site, although we would need to research mysticism to build a monument there.

that's a relief on iron.

Looks like west for sure as lizzy expanded south. Thing is since washington is not costal, to use clams, settler will have to be on the grass tile. Ug, lot of desert there but not much choice.

really garbage land outside of our oasis lol.

Cheers!
-Liq

If uberfish or Blake are lurking, I expect them to chastise you for not doing a CS slingshot with this start. Sirian will be happy though ;)

Darrell

I don't think the CS slingshot would be appropriate for our variant (no trading with AI), nor doable on emperor.

On the way to blue dot, I discovered the barbs have already settled in the area. So, I headed back east with our settler toward red dot. It's a safer site anyway, although it needs mysticism to build a monument.

The worker is building a mine on the iron, protected by the archer. The city is undefended, but an archer is due to complete the very next turn. I suppose after wheel, we research mysticism to build monuments. Meanwhile, our scout has discovered a barb city south of Liz and Saladin has not been found yet. He has 6% land area, so I suppose he's got 3 cities too.

Those damn barbs! They didn't even pick a good spot for that city. Maybe it will hold Lizzy of our clams for a while though. That's a real shame because our second city is going to be low on production now. The red spot you identified is probably the best remaining site.

I'd like to grow Washington for a while, only working one of the gold mines until we get get bigger. After the iron mine is finished and roaded, I suggest we road the tile 1NW of Washington (to hook the iron up) and then farm over that tile.

yes best to just raze that barb town with a settler to do it correctly. Boggles my mind how the pc players pick one tile off coast.

With iron in timbuk though that town is just a total powerhouse. Looks like we have to go on the offensive like almost immediately just to get some breathing room and a second city worth the title.

Cheers!
-Liq

The next player is MBUna120. Don't forget that I pre-chopped the forest directly west and north of our city. You can get the hammers in 1 turn, for whatever we want to build there.

playshogi said:
The next player is MBUna120. Don't forget that I pre-chopped the forest directly west and north of our city. You can get the hammers in 1 turn, for whatever we want to build there.

Ok, I got it, wow, I missed a lot. I'll wrap up my 10 turns tonight.:)

ok, but geesh, i have to make some decisions here. like... what to research next... animal hus, I guess... maybe we'll even have horses

Animal husbandry next sounds good, since Washington's borders will expand in 5 turns and take care of the sheep. I would try to raze barb city soon so either we can expand towards that area or let elizabeth expand and take the city from her :p.

Also, just watch out for that barb archer, I would move the worker away a turn before it attacks since it is going to have 50% odds.. If our archer wins, send it to the hill near barb town so it can soak up all the attacks until we have some swordsman.

hmm, 1S of the mountain peak isnt a horrible location. I would forget about the gold, that city does not have enough food to work them.. Looks like my last post went to waste, since you played the turns already :lol:

Top Bottom