Ready-Made 'standard' Multi-Figure Units

WARRIOR_MD said:
I love this mod, of course, but i think the sound there during battles is awful!!! please change it or tell me how to remove it...

Go to your "Art\Units"-subdirectory... there's an ini-file in each unit-folder. If you open and change the file-entries in the "Sound Effects"-parts like the following, you wont get any sound while playing with this unit (you need to make it for every unit you don't like to hear, or you restore the original-soundfiles from a backup).

[Sound Effects]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=
WALK=
RUN=
ATTACK1=
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=
DEAD=
FORTIFY=
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=
VICTORY=
TURNLEFT=
TURNRIGHT=
BUILD=
ROAD=
MINE=
IRRIGATE=
FORTRESS=
CAPTURE=
STOP_AT_LAST_FRAME=

regards
CCJ39

Ok, lets say i dont like the sound Warriorcharge.wav In the .ini file, theres no such sound:

[Sound Effects]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=
WALK=
RUN=WarriorRun.amb
ATTACK1=WarriorAttackA.amb
ATTACK2=WarriorAttackA.amb
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=WarriorDeath.wav
DEAD=
FORTIFY=WarriorFortify.wav
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=WarriorFidget.wav
VICTORY=WarriorVictory.wav
TURNLEFT=
TURNRIGHT=
BUILD=
ROAD=
MINE=
IRRIGATE=
FORTRESS=
CAPTURE=
STOP_AT_LAST_FRAME=

what should i do then?

the soundfile you mean is a sound while attacking, right? (reload-sound)...

you should set
ATTACK1=WarriorAttackA.amb
ATTACK2=WarriorAttackA.amb

to
ATTACK1=
ATTACK2=

because the "amb"-files are working like a sound-script and using/mixing different wave-files in a special way

Yep, but then ill hear no sound at all when attacking =)
I think that maybe the thing i should do is replace the WarriorAttackA.amb ans WarriorAttackA.amb with the originals, or replace the wav files that i dont like (WarriorAttackASlash.WAV, Warriorcharge.WAV and Warriormelee.WAV) with other wav files with the same name but that dont contain any sound. Am i right? =)

It would be too much to ask for originally created replacements for the PTW and Conquests units so we can have M-units, wouldn't it? :)

Hello

Very good work!

I wanted to inform you that you probably already know, that for those who wish to have multi troops while keeping the original troops, IT IS POSSIBLE!

It is easy to do but a bit laborious at least for me.

In my scenario that I am preparing I have created the normal "Warrior" troop and apart from the "Warrior Company" both functional in the same game. What you have to do is simply create the multi unit as if it were a new one, only in the units_32 file you have to assign a new grid with the image of the Warrior to edit and in the folder of the new unit make sure to put a name different to both the folder and the necessary files. Once done it will work fine. Greetings.

Top Bottom