Ready-Made 'standard' Multi-Figure Units

To be honest , I could put up with that, but It is noticable.

Heh, I didnt know that hoplites have huge deformed calf muscles though.

i dont if anybody has addressed this with a solution yet, but im still getting this loud SCREECHING sound during some battles, aka the spearmen, hoplite, etc.

is there a fix? ive got skull9812's ini files, but it didnt seem to fix it

Originally posted by Kryten

Also, I have found a cure for the new sound wave 'screech'!
(It involves changing the name of the "charge" wave to something that the attack.amb file already knows about, and discarding the "melee" sound wave altogether.....
....a bit obvious when you think about it, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.... :crazyeye: )
I'll update the first post with these changes, as well as incorporating all of Zulu's corrected ini files (thanks BTW), probably as a new downloadable 'patch' zip file.

He did mention how to fix the sound problem..so I and probably Kriten would like people to read the posts before they start to complain.
L8r

BTW, Kriten, AMAZING JOB. All I did to 'solve' the problem of the sounds was to TURN THEM OFF. Mostly cuz I couldnt' figure out how to fix it myself.

[post edited by TF: try not to be too harsh]

Why do you all talk about bugs and flaws? Write about how great Civ now looks. Thir picture shows my adversaries the Koreans, showing off their military. You have to admit, it is much more impressive then when it was in single units.

Attachments

• screen5 - threatening - lq.jpg
    screen5 - threatening - lq.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,118
I may install multi figured units in my new scenario. Also i might in the current scenarios. Well the new one is english civil war.

I agree with piderman. while it is good to give comments on the problems, we should praise just as much as we point out the bugs! I love this, and i can NOT wait until the rest come out!

Jason

Thank you for being my 'beta testers' everybody. :D

I have now updated the ancient modpack on page one of this thread with the following changes....

*Hoplite shadows & most 'missing pixels'............FIXED (just download it again)

*The faulty multi-figure sound wave 'screech'....FIXED (just follow the instructions)

*Spelling mistakes in the new ini files................FIXED (the correct ini files are automatically downloaded to the right folders when you unzip the sound bundle patch)

(If there are any more problems, then I am sure that you will all let me know. ;) )

Impressive!! (quote from the image below :) )

Really, it's an outstaing work; but why no PTW units?
I know that posting PTW units would make the expansion pack nearly useless (except for MP games), but multi-figure units are different because customized units, aren't they?

Attachments

• swars4.jpg
    swars4.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 926
Do you need to d/l the sound patches only if you d/l the first round of munits, or do you need the updated zipz and the sound fix?

Originally posted by Rhye
Impressive!! (quote from the image below :) )

Really, it's an outstaing work; but why no PTW units?
I know that posting PTW units would make the expansion pack nearly useless (except for MP games), but multi-figure units are different because customized units, aren't they?

Because PTW licence agreement says you can use the material and editor to procude a mod, and publish it, prodiving it is necessary to have PTW to run it. So you can make a scenario a post a bix file (because Civ III cannot read a bix, only PTW can), but you cannot post a FLC made from PTW units, because it can be used without PTW

Originally posted by zulu9812
Do you need to d/l the sound patches only if you d/l the first round of munits, or do you need the updated zipz and the sound fix?

The only 'unit.zip' that I've changed is the one that says ***FIXED*** (i.e. the Hoplite shadows have been corrected), so that is the only one you need to download.
Then download the 'sound patch.zip' to fix all the sound waves for all 16 ancient multi-figure units.
(This so that people don't have to go through all the hassle of downloading all 16 units for a second time.....a bit time consuming, especialy if you have a slow modem/connection)
:)

Of course if the PTW units were "Flipped" to mirror images, they would be new images an no longer covered by the original agreement; You can copyright an image or an moving image but as soon as that image is sufficiently altered (like being flipped) it is no longer the original image.
It would however mean that all the new "mirror" units would be left handed- Oh well, can't have it all I supose.

You would just have to flip the cells and reposition them so that they still faced the right way (So that the SW image did not face SE for example).

Actualy (my knowledge of copyright law is, understandably, somewhat limited) I'm prety sure that just adjusting the image in to a multi unit would qualify as sufficient modification.
I'm gonna have a look see if there is a website about copyright law.

To Smoking Mirror,

There are lots of websites about copyright law.
About the 'easiest' to understand (and I use the phrase 'easiest' as a purely relative term :crazyeye: ), is probably this one......

http://desktoppub.about.com/gi/dyna...enedict.com/digital/software/software.htm#Top

Have a good read of this and see if you can suss it out.

Basically though, it seems to me that you are NOT allowed to to simply 'mirror', or change in any other way, something that is owned by someone else without their permisson.

Example: can you imagine anyone 'mirroring' a Walt Disney cartoon character and getting away with it? (an extreme case perhaps, but you see my point).

Originally posted by mrtn
Kryten, will you marry me?

Only if you can bear me children. ;) :lol:

Top Bottom