Real Building Upgrades

Real Building Upgrades 4.1.3

Hi Infixo,
I really love playing with your mod, but I am also using my own mod which isn't compatible with it.

I created a simple mod to lower production costs for districts, units and buildings (so I can have more time to do things on epic/marathon speed games).
However, it did not affect the building upgrades in your mod. Do you mind checking out why?

I would really appreciate your help!

Attachments

• CustomMod.rar
    726 bytes · Views: 163
Your mod needs to load after RBU, so a LoadOrder bigger than 71 is needed.
I set it to 100. Maybe my syntax is incorrect?

<Properties>
<Name>Omri's Custom Mod</Name>
<Description>Custom Game Tweeks by Omri[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Version 2.0.</Description>
<Teaser>Custom Game Tweeks by Omri</Teaser>
<Authors>Omri</Authors>
<AffectsSavedGames>1</AffectsSavedGames>
<CompatibleVersions>2.0</CompatibleVersions>
<LoadOrder>100</LoadOrder>
</Properties>

Is it supposed to add +1 production to every tile in Canada borders?I've checked all my mods 1 by 1 and this mod causes the issue. It happens in every Canada city.

It happens whenever i settle a city including the capital. It seems I can't upload log files here, will try to upload Gdrive.
It definitely is a mod compability issue but which mod makes it happen?When I turn this mod off everything works fine.

You have an errror from Extended Techtree.
[1963995.220] 8103feb6-3844-455d-bf73-d169cda9ad9d (Extended Techtree)
[1963995.221] * ChangeExisting (UpdateDatabase)
[1964001.179] [Gameplay] ERROR: near "VALUES": syntax error
[1964001.179] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.
[1964001.145] Applying Component - ChangeExisting (UpdateDatabase)
I don't know if this one could be a culprit. Please run a game without this mod and check.

Plus you have
[1964001.099] [Gameplay] ERROR: table RSTFlavors already exists
[1964001.098] Applying Component - RST_DB_Main (UpdateDatabase)
[1964001.098] UpdateDatabase - Loading RealStrategy_Params.sql
from Real Strategy probably because of CIVITAS City-States and wrong Load Order.

You have an errror from Extended Techtree.

Plus you have
[1964001.099] [Gameplay] ERROR: table RSTFlavors already exists
[1964001.098] Applying Component - RST_DB_Main (UpdateDatabase)
[1964001.098] UpdateDatabase - Loading RealStrategy_Params.sql
from Real Strategy probably because of CIVITAS City-States and wrong Load Order.

How can I fix the load order thing? Thx for your helps.

Is it supposed to add +1 production to every tile in Canada borders?I've checked all my mods 1 by 1 and this mod causes the issue. It happens in every Canada city.

I was not able to fix the issue, played without Canada all the time. And today i closed all my mods but steel and thunder mods and real building upgrades to play Canada in peace. I still have +1 production on all tiles and steel and thunder uniqe units mod makes every Canadian tile gets its tundra buff (extra food on camps ect).

Last edited:
Do you plan to make a translation for the different languages which are in the game? If you do not mind I can help. :crazyeye:
Russian sources have a translated version of this mod. The script is changing the English version (<Text> Русский <\Text>) file RBU_Base_Text, RBU_XP1_Text,RBU_XP2_Text
If you are interested, then I will tell you more.

Last edited:
Yes, that sounds great.
But there may be another problem.

Formalities

We do not know each other personally, and you cannot (to trust me) be sure what is written there.
Of course I understand (the Slavs), but you may not understand some phrases. For example, what can I say .. In the Russian version there is no concept of "luxury", instead it simply "rare resources"

Anyway, I attached the Russian version of 3 XML files
Versions correspond. 4.1.3

p.s
I didn’t translate. Of course, I checked some
I edited some phrases in terms of the game. He is for :)

Attachments

• Text.rar
    10.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I do not think this is intended: The Norway gets +4 era score when built Stave church upgrade. This is in addition to +4 era score standard bonus for Stave church. The upgrade is so insignifficant for historical timeline, it should not get any era score bonus whatsoever.

Holy crap. I'm actually going to finish my first ever game of CIv VI. Well, it might be like, my 3rd, or 5th, but every other finish I ever done was simply to do it, and was in no way enjoyable. Lemme explain.

I've played thousands of Civ VI, but I've always enjoyed the building, and just playing, rather than playing to win. This is because I've found the AI absolutely useless, and never once had a game where I didn't realize I was insanely far ahead. Usually this happens in Renaissance, but it's happened in Medieval too. I had a few games where it got to Modern era, but that was rare - even when they're 10-15, even 20 techs ahead, the gap is soon closed when you can utilize the right policies, combined with just a few well placed cities. And those ahead stayed laser focused on science; they'd be 10 techs ahead, but attacking me with a single unit 1 era behind against my corps of current units!

But I'm currently playing a game, where not only am I behind in the modern era, but behind 3 other civs!. And the civ at my border, who I've been at war now for 30 turns, attacked me with tank armies! AGAINST MY KNIGHTS! It's literally been the best Civ game I've ever played. I bee-lined tanks, and mobilization, so I could at least hold em off. But they used such solid tactics, if it wasn't for my unit producing cities being closest to the border, and being able to push out units in 1-2 turns, I'd be toast. Even after all this time I still can't get at them, I'm having to beeline bombers because as soon as I move artillery close, they're wasted!

And it's not just them. Cities warring to another side of me, 2 AIs, have been throwing tank armies, Destroyer armadas, and planes at each other. This is what I always wanted from Civ. The combination of all the boosts your buildings give them, and what I'm sure is Real Strategy, has made Civ VI a whole new game for me, I can't thank you enough.

But on that note, do you have a bitcoin wallet, because I can at least thank you with money ha.

Top Bottom