1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Building Upgrades 4.1.3

Building Upgrades to buildings from vanilla, Rise & Fall and DLCs

1. Tunnah

Tunnah Chieftain

Holy crap. I'm actually going to finish my first ever game of CIv VI. Well, it might be like, my 3rd, or 5th, but every other finish I ever done was simply to do it, and was in no way enjoyable. Lemme explain.

I've played thousands of Civ VI, but I've always enjoyed the building, and just playing, rather than playing to win. This is because I've found the AI absolutely useless, and never once had a game where I didn't realize I was insanely far ahead. Usually this happens in Renaissance, but it's happened in Medieval too. I had a few games where it got to Modern era, but that was rare - even when they're 10-15, even 20 techs ahead, the gap is soon closed when you can utilize the right policies, combined with just a few well placed cities. And those ahead stayed laser focused on science; they'd be 10 techs ahead, but attacking me with a single unit 1 era behind against my corps of current units!

But I'm currently playing a game, where not only am I behind in the modern era, but behind 3 other civs!. And the civ at my border, who I've been at war now for 30 turns, attacked me with tank armies! AGAINST MY KNIGHTS! It's literally been the best Civ game I've ever played. I bee-lined tanks, and mobilization, so I could at least hold em off. But they used such solid tactics, if it wasn't for my unit producing cities being closest to the border, and being able to push out units in 1-2 turns, I'd be toast. Even after all this time I still can't get at them, I'm having to beeline bombers because as soon as I move artillery close, they're wasted!

And it's not just them. Cities warring to another side of me, 2 AIs, have been throwing tank armies, Destroyer armadas, and planes at each other. This is what I always wanted from Civ. The combination of all the boosts your buildings give them, and what I'm sure is Real Strategy, has made Civ VI a whole new game for me, I can't thank you enough.

But on that note, do you have a bitcoin wallet, because I can at least thank you with money ha.

Infixo likes this.
  2. daymystery

daymystery Chieftain

Why my CIV VI always error when enabling this mod? i already tried using this mod only, and it still not works. i use v 4.31, if i use v3.0 it can be used. please kindly help

3. Infixo

Infixo Deity

4. daan_vb

daan_vb Chieftain

I have just installed this mod and I seem to be getting one upgrade choice for each district from the DLC. I'm playing as Trajan and i can build an upgraded Prasat in the Holy Site, Upgraded Tlachtli in Entertainment and Basilikoi Paides in Barracks.

5. Infixo

Infixo Deity

6. daan_vb

daan_vb Chieftain

I figured it out, was using an old version of the mod!

Infixo likes this.
  7. Taa

Taa Warlord

Hi guys

This look like a great mod. How does it work with Ai?
    I have spend a lot of time trying to diminish gameplay elements that favor player or that Ai dont use well.
    So does this mod work well for Ai, or does it make the Ai weaker or stronger?

I appreciate any thoughts on this
    Have fun :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  8. mr52jen

mr52jen Chieftain

Please can you help me with my settings as this mod wont load for me.

I have tried loading Only with this mod and GS update and it will fail. If I disable GS it will load.

Note I dont have Rise and fall update installed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  9. Taa

Taa Warlord

Hi It working out of the box for me. I'm not sure why it dont work with GS. Maybe try removing XP1 folder?

10. mr52jen

mr52jen Chieftain

thanks for you reply!

I have now removed that folder and still does not work

11. Infixo

Infixo Deity

You have DB errors from Tlachtli. Are you sure you have Aztecs enabled?

12. mr52jen

mr52jen Chieftain

I dont have aztecs installed

Thanks for your reply :D

I just checked and I only have the standard Civs plus GS

Also since posting this thread I reinstalled the game and still wont work with GS and this only this mod applied

13. mr52jen

mr52jen Chieftain

I got it to work, thank you Infixo

You were right about the Aztecs, I found I had them available as DLC in my mod list and when I enabled that with GS and your mod it worked.

You are a lifesaver!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Infixo likes this.