Real Era Stop

Real Era Stop 3.3

@Infixo
I just can't get it to work. Installed manually, tried versions 1.7, 2.0, and 2.1.
Attached the log (without any other mods).

Looking at DebugGameplay.sqlite shows that nothing at all has happened in the database. And I can't test it in SQLlite manually because I get the make_hash error.
It's the same with RTT. Other mods, either xml or sql, work fine.
You wouldn't have any idea what I could try?

Attachments

• log.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 114
@tullio First - try to delete files from cache folder. Then, if you use Steam - unsubscribe, start game, end game, subscribe again, start game. This forces game to reload mod from Steam. If this will not help post here entire database.log and modding.log, do not remove anything.

@Infixo
I don't use Steam. The log was from a fresh start.
- Started the game, disabled all mods, closed it.
- Deleted cache files, restarted, closed.
- Started, activated RES, closed.
- Restarted, new game to check.

No luck. See both logs.

Edit: I may as well add that the new game speeds from v2.0 onwards don't show up either.

Attachments

• Database.log.txt
    963 bytes · Views: 81
  • Modding.log.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
@Infixo
Ok, since I also had problems with other mods, e.g. RTT, I did a fresh install.
RTT works now, RES does not.

Lines 14 and 15 in database.log would be the interesting ones. These came up when I chose Renaissance in your RealEraStop.sql.
When I choose Medieval, the error line comes up four times instead of two, so the problem is somewhere in the Civic Tree part.

INSERT INTO CivicPrereqs ...
doesn't work, I checked it in DebugGameplay.sqlite, there are no new entries there.

Attachments

• Database.log.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Modding.log.txt
    33.6 KB · Views: 317
@Infixo
That did the trick, works just fine now. I don't know what had happened earlier but I think I can blame my internet connection which is truly terrible at times.
Thanks a lot for your help and for a great mod!

ok well I have subscribed to the mods through steam workshop so the files are not showing up in the mods folder or any other expected folder. Although I do have the list of the mod names:
Autoplay (found on civfanatics)
Middle East (found on civfanatics)
Azimuthal Earth
Meteor Survival
Reveal Map
Small Continents
Tomatekh's Historical Religions
Yet another Maps Pack
More Lenses
Starting Scout
Less Warmonger Penalty
Improved fog of War
Mas Maps Pack
NQ Maps Pack
Take Your Time Technology x3 and Civics x3
Real Era Stop
Real Tech Tree
A lot of these mods are major addons that you probably encountered before. If you need anything else from me id be glad to help!

@Maximus The Great describe what happens in the game when the crash happens. Can you reload a game few turns earlier and repeat it? Does it happen in the same place, situation, all the time? Have you completed all research? What Era are in?

Oh, and what map are you using? You've got many map mods. I don't use other maps than vanilla ones, so maybe there's some conflict with a specific map?

on all of my playthroughs i have used the giant earth map from the Yet another Maps Pack. My game crashes at turn 116 / 1600 ad, this has occure3d in all of my playthroughs. The only details i can give is a little tab opens up asking me if i want to file a crash report to fireaxis, this happens after my civ game flashes a few times as if I'm alt-tabbing. I have only tried, and only crashed, in the default era (medieval), maybe i should select the medieval era in the gamespeed section of the advanced setup? And finally, the crash happened when i completed all of the research and on other occasions where i was close to completing it. Hopefully i provided all of the necessary information.

Edit:I have reloaded my game(s) a few turns earlier but the crash still happens on the same turn, always before turn 117, so before the ai finishes its turn.

If the game 'flashes' as you described and that little window pops up for crash reporting, it's almost certainly a problem with missing game object, which should give Lua message if it's in custom code. Pls enable logs and run this turn to get a crash. Then post here entire Logs folder and gameplay.sqlite, zipped.
Also, to eliminate another possibilities: are you using Lenses at that time? Are you using mods that add custom units? Any custom civ in the game? Any additional resources mod?

Last edited:
Ok to answer the simpler questions first, i do use the lense but not often, they are the type of lenses similar to the continents lense. I do not use any mods that add any custom units and one mudpack came with a custom civ mod but I disabled it. Finally, I do not use the additional resources mod.

I do not know how to enable logs, ill search ,up how to do it but in case I cant find anything helpful, could you tell me here?

@Maximus The Great I've just auto-played a game on Giant Earth from YnAMP with RES set to Medieval. I have reached turn 155 (1876 ad) with no problems whatsoever. So, its definetely not the map. I suggest you try to play with only mods enabled that you are really using. If you play Giant Earth - no need to enable all other map mods. Etc.

Ok I will try disabling mod, ill let you know if I find any that may cause the problem. Also, do you want me to copy and paste all of the logs in that folder? There are many of them.

Top Bottom