Real Era Stop

Real Era Stop 3.3

Hm, maybe they've changed something in March update. I've checked the mod after R&F was relased and it was working well with all Eras except those mentioned.
Anyway, logs are in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs". I need modding.log, database.log, lua.log and gameeffects.log.

I'm sorry, my apologies I didn't mean to leave that out. This issue did not happen at all before March update. It was the first play attempt post-update.

I extracted the files to my Mods drive and ticked the boxes in Additional Content, but the game I just played still went past the Medieval Era. :\ What am I missing?

I extracted the files to my Mods drive and ticked the boxes in Additional Content, but the game I just played still went past the Medieval Era. :\ What am I missing?

You might want to have a look at the post above yours...

But I don't have anything but the regular version of the game. No expansions, no "Rise and Fall"... or is that just the name of some big patch that screwed this up?

You cannot „add” this mod to the game you are playing. It has the flag „affects save game files” on. You need to start a new game.

I know that. I restarted CIV VI (and Steam), and then started a new game with the mods.

No. That's why I commented. I progressed through to the Industrial Era and had post-medieval technology.

I'm not sure how to do that. There was a guide on these forums that I followed for manual installation of the mods, putting them into the game folder from the .zip file, which I did. I then went into the game and ticked the boxes to enable them in a new game that I made. If I have to change something in the configuration, it was't in the tutorial and I—having no experience with this whatsoever—would need some fairly clear instruction.

There are only three kinds of mods I'm interested in with Civ. They are:
- To eliminate (or prevent the game from reaching) post-medieval era and tech
- To change the calendar so that only one year passes between turns (or even one month...)
- To add fantasy units such as sorcerers and dragons

It took me a long time to find this mod that purports to do the first of those three. I installed it along with the mod that it is intended to compliment (Real Era Tech). This was the very first time I've modded a game, so understand that I have zero clue what I would do to edit the configuration.

@Teldarian Since you are not very experienced, and you keep mentioning „ticking”, i suppose you have not enabled the mod. There is a button Enable / Disable that you should press, not any boxes. Anyway, pls post the log files. You should have them in Logs folder, close to Mods folder where you installed the mod. Modding.log and database.log.

This is what I mean by ticking... there are boxes with “Enable Mod”.

Attachments

• Civ VI Mods Enabled.jpg
    Civ VI Mods Enabled.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 256
@Teldarian Since you are not very experienced, and you keep mentioning „ticking”, i suppose you have not enabled the mod. There is a button Enable / Disable that you should press, not any boxes. Anyway, pls post the log files. You should have them in Logs folder, close to Mods folder where you installed the mod. Modding.log and database.log.

There are no files called "modding.log" and "database.log" in the mods folder for my game.

This is what I mean by ticking... there are boxes with “Enable Mod”.
Seems that this is not standard PC game.

There are no files called "modding.log" and "database.log" in the mods folder for my game.
I said „close to mods folder” not „in the mods folder”.

That's news to me...
I enable mods on a different screen. It allows for sorting them e.g. by name or status and displays detailed info about them, like their ID. I don’t know where did you get that one, but apparently it’s not the one you need.

I enable mods on a different screen. It allows for sorting them e.g. by name or status and displays detailed info about them, like their ID. I don’t know where did you get that one, but apparently it’s not the one you need.

So... your mod won't work with my game, then?

It's Sid Meier's Civ VI... I don't remember where I bought it from... I don't think it's from Steam. Maybe GOG? It works, it plays... there's nothing about it that would make me think it is not the official game.

Top Bottom