Real Strategy (AI)

Real Strategy (AI) 2.3.1

@chi7891 Versions 1.1 and further were created for Gathering Storm. They will not work with iOS.
Edit. They could be adapted for iOS, some work is needed.
As for the app update, i know there was a stability fix. This fix changes nothing in regards to mods, features, etc. The game is still 1.0.0.194 afaik.
Well I’m running v1.4 now and it SEEMS to be working? Is there a way to easily discover if the mod is working as intended without just running it for a full playthrough?

Well I’m running v1.4 now and it SEEMS to be working? Is there a way to easily discover if the mod is working as intended without just running it for a full playthrough?
Check the database.log and lua.log if there are any errors from RST. Errors in database.log would prevent the mod from loading correctly. There should be some entries in lua.log showing that the mod is running.

There don't appear to be any errors, but there also don't seem to be any entries showing it running. I don't really know what I'm looking for, so I attached the logs in a Zip on this post.

Attachments

• ios logs.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 74
Please start a new game and post also modding.log. It seems that the mod is not enabled.
This is the mod file. It was definitely enabled in the UI. I also set the mod to affect save files.

The modding logs are attached as requested. Thanks for helping me work on this!

I can try creating a new game from scratch tomorrow. How much should I play it before the app will produce the needed logs? Which logs would you like me to provide?

Attachments

• ios mod logs.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 124
I tried a peaceful (no war against AI, no AI city taken by war) Smoother Emperor level game with Frelenor.
Quick speed, tiny continents, 8 civs, 4 CSs

I had bad productivity terrain, plus I suffered the abnormal cost of barriers...
So I lost to the culture of AI Sweden in turn 290 (of 330)...

This is the mod file. It was definitely enabled in the UI. I also set the mod to affect save files.
This log shows that RST is not enabled. None of the mod files is loaded.
If you changed the affect save files flag then it wont load into old save files, you need a new game.

This log shows that RST is not enabled. None of the mod files is loaded.
If you changed the affect save files flag then it wont load into old save files, you need a new game.
I thought it was set to not affect save files by default? Is that not the case?

Edit: So I have uploaded a copy of what I put in the game (the mod file) and all my logs. I deleted the tree file you listed in the description page and changed the save flag.

I can try creating a new game from scratch today. How much should I play it before the app will produce the needed logs?

Attachments

• Everything.zip
    125.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
@chi7891 The game has not been started, no entries in lua.log.

I am a bit confused of what your purpose is.

Code:
-- logging
INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_DEBUG', '1'); -- log detailed debug info
INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_STRAT', '1'); -- log strategy priorities
INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_GUESS', '1'); -- log guess priorities
INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_OTHER', '0'); -- log supporting (other) strategies
The above lines turn on/off logging. In your case the debug logging is enabled, so the mod will produce a ton of lines in lua.log from the very start of the game. If the mod is properly loaded and works, then you will see multiple lines that start with "RealStrategy:"

Also, let me remind you that you are trying to run v1.4 and I clearly stated that for iOS it should be 1.0.

I got the mod to work on my phone! It's amazing! If you do ever port anti-strategies to be iOS compatible, that will be awesome, but I'm amazed by how fantastic the mod is as-is. Great Job Infixo!

I'm having problems on Deity with the AI making appalling decisions. I'm talking 50-100 military strength, no money, and in some cases -20 gpt! I've noticed this last few sessions on Deity they are making terrible decisions, like they're so laser-focused on their path that they're neglecting everything else.

Check the scores and military strength https://imgur.com/a/9Q2KswA

I'm a dunce when it comes to this sort of thing, so I'm not sure if it's even your mod, however I'm pretty much using all your mods ha. Is there any chance it's Real Strategy or am I just having bad luck with the AI acting ******ed ?

I'm having problems on Deity with the AI making appalling decisions. I'm talking 50-100 military strength, no money, and in some cases -20 gpt! I've noticed this last few sessions on Deity they are making terrible decisions, like they're so laser-focused on their path that they're neglecting everything else.
Check the scores and military strength https://imgur.com/a/9Q2KswA
I'm a dunce when it comes to this sort of thing, so I'm not sure if it's even your mod, however I'm pretty much using all your mods ha. Is there any chance it's Real Strategy or am I just having bad luck with the AI acting ******** ?
The military strengths are indeed low. On Deity AIs have such bonuses that you should struggle to be on par. Weird. Please post the logs. I need to make sure first that RST is working at all.

Note. Please make sure that in RealStrategy_Params.sql the RST_OPTION_LOG_STRAT and RST_OPTION_LOG_OTHER are set to '1'.
-- logging
INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_DEBUG', '0'); -- log detailed debug info
INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_STRAT', '1'); -- log strategy priorities
INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_GUESS', '1'); -- log guess priorities
INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_OTHER', '1'); -- log supporting (other) strategies

What version, if I may ask?
v1.0. I figured v1.4 would work since the descriptions said it works with the PC version even if you don't have the DLC, but I eventually just gave up and tried the v1.0 version.

Part of my problem was that I misread or misunderstood some of what I read in the description page, but now everything is working great. It makes a huge difference in the game experience.

I disabled it (by zipping up the files) when I posted, nothing seemed to change. I just put it back, and took the log. If you need, I can load a save up from before I zipped it

I wasn't sure how much you needed so I went through a turn.

https://pastebin.com/HPEY0cHW

@Tunnah Thx. In general I prefer zips with actual files inside.

The turn is 195, and the mod loaded the data from the save file, so it seems that RST has been working.
However, it is a bit weird that it updates strats on turn 195, it should be 196 or 197 (they are updated every 7 turns). Maybe the mod was enabled somewhere mid-game.
The screenshot was from turn 136, so there is no telling if it was active back then.

Now the leaders are following the following strategies:
- Conquest for Pachacuti, Pundmaker, Suleiman, Shaka and Alexander
- Religion for Peter
- Science for Gilgamesh and Seondeok
- Culture for Robert the Bruce
So, the strategies seem reasonable. You have 3 aggressive leaders (Shaka, Suleiman and Alex) and it is very possible that they could be warring often thus destroying their military forces.

But from the log it seems that now military strengths are much different. There are: 0 (Robert 7), 10 (Pachacuti 1), 130 (Alex 9), 183 (Shaka), 297 (Peter), 352, 524 (Gilgamesh), 570 (Suleiman), 607 (Seondeok), 917 (Wilhelmina), 1134 (Poundmaker). Seems pretty well balanced.
There are some wars - Pachacuti, Robert, Alex - and it seems that those 3 have basically no armies due to that most likely. Alex has 2 wars, so I assume he is attacking Pachacuti and Robert and it seems that he actually destroyed their armies.
Yup, both Robert and Pachacuti are in Defense mode.
Also, Shaka and Alex are rebuilding their armies (Catching Up strategy).
Pundmaker has the biggest army and he is in Enough mode and might become more aggressive soon.
Shaka is lacking is science and has active Science strategy.
Half of the leaders are lacking in Culture - most likley beause there are many militaristic civs - and they have Culture strat active.

So: the mod is working as intended.

Line 879: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_PACHACUTI, CONQUEST @ 143.0, CONQUEST @ 143.0 (-61.3), SCIENCE @ 77.8 (-116.7), CULTURE @ 114.1, RELIGION @ -96.0 (41.1), DIPLO @ 12.4 (-111.6)
Line 1186: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_POUNDMAKER, CONQUEST @ 294.6, CONQUEST @ 294.6, SCIENCE @ 61.7 (-92.5), CULTURE @ 230.8, RELIGION @ 180.6 (-77.4), DIPLO @ 33.9 (-305.3)
Line 1486: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_PETER_GREAT, RELIGION @ 519.8, CONQUEST @ 116.7 (-50.0), SCIENCE @ 2.5 (-3.7), CULTURE @ 263.4, RELIGION @ 519.8, DIPLO @ 111.1 (-166.6)
Line 1764: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_GILGAMESH, SCIENCE @ 421.0, CONQUEST @ 156.0 (-66.8), SCIENCE @ 421.0, CULTURE @ 113.1, RELIGION @ 25.9 (-11.1), DIPLO @ -89.0 (-267.0)
Line 2066: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_SEONDEOK, SCIENCE @ 428.7, CONQUEST @ 187.2, SCIENCE @ 428.7, CULTURE @ 103.9, RELIGION @ -72.0 (30.9), DIPLO @ 28.6 (-43.0)
Line 2371: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_SULEIMAN, CONQUEST @ 372.5, CONQUEST @ 372.5, SCIENCE @ 80.1 (-120.2), CULTURE @ 139.6, RELIGION @ 57.8 (-24.8), DIPLO @ -42.1 (-94.7)
Line 2671: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_ROBERT_THE_BRUCE, CULTURE @ 229.7, CONQUEST @ 56.0 (-24.0), SCIENCE @ 148.2 (-222.4), CULTURE @ 229.7, RELIGION @ -41.2 (17.7), DIPLO @ 124.8 (-53.5)
Line 2918: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_SHAKA, CONQUEST @ 254.8, CONQUEST @ 254.8 (-109.2), SCIENCE @ -2.2 ( 0.9), CULTURE @ 67.7, RELIGION @ -126.7, DIPLO @ 7.8 (-70.4)
Line 3223: RealStrategy: 195, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_ALEXANDER, CONQUEST @ 244.2, CONQUEST @ 244.2 (-104.7), SCIENCE @ 53.4 (-80.1), CULTURE @ 102.0, RELIGION @ -98.5 (42.2), DIPLO @ -43.2 (-129.6)
Line 3538: RealStrategy: 196, RSTSTRAT, LEADER_WILHELMINA, CULTURE @ 616.2, CONQUEST @ 289.9, SCIENCE @ 153.8 (-230.7), CULTURE @ 616.2, RELIGION @ 437.4, DIPLO @ 585.8

@Tunnah What is your goal as Wilhelmina?
You seem to be doing pretty well on all fronts, but from AI perspective your are doing best on Diplo. 4 DVP and 18 favor per turn is quite a lot in comparison to others.

Yeah I turned the mod off at 136 I guess and turned it back on to get the logs.

The issue is Scotland never had an army. He built encampments, but nothing else! Was very bizarre. People were at war but weren't actively fighting. It wasn't a case of people losing armies, from very early on (I started monitoring it around turn 50) they just stopped buying units. However, I think it's because I had high disasters on, and there was a lot of aid missions running, all the time, and every single one of them each player had multiple thousands of points, so it seemed they just all went all-in on Send Aid.

As for my strategy I was just playing to play. I was actually throttling myself repeatedly - stopped building Campuses and Theatre Squares, just focused on money and production to build up, otherwise it became a runaway game before I even hit Medieval. I had Wilhemina and Machu Piccu on a mountain-heavy map, so all my adjacency bonuses were nuts (I had more than 1 16-production adjacency and coal plant combo). Not to mention I started next to Kilimanjaro, and that combined with the high disaster rate gave me a tasty capital!

Thanks for your help mate, I'll see if it comes up again, although I might take a rest for a while, I've been playing a lot this week and am hitting that Civ-wall

@Tunnah
Military units are disbanded if there is not enough money for them.
And you said that some civs had negative GPT, so this could be a factor.
Send Aid project is somehow highly prioritized by AI, this is a fact. So, maybe they just blindly threw away the money, thus causing armies to disband.

As for Encampments, the latest patch boosted their priority for several leaders (aggressive trait). They do build them too many, imho.

Hi there,
Thanks for all your work on this mod! Saw your note about preferring discussion here, so deleted from steam.

Getting a runtime error in my .lua log due to missing priorities table for custom leader/civ (Europa: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874474411)

Do I need to add something to the custom mod to establish "priorities"? (and if so, where?). (is this the same flavor issue, and, if so, where can I add it?)
Thank you!

Logs:
lua: https://pastebin.com/9gGpPNPZ
modding: https://pastebin.com/mNv2gdHF
database: https://pastebin.com/PD3h4FtG

UPDATE:
I added this line to RealStrategy_Leaders.sql in the same place as the others. I'm now getting other similar crashes.
('LEADER_CAF_ADENAU', 'LEADER', '', 'CONQUEST', 6), ('LEADER_CAF_ADENAU', 'LEADER', '', 'SCIENCE', 7), ('LEADER_CAF_ADENAU', 'LEADER', '', 'CULTURE', 4), ('LEADER_CAF_ADENAU', 'LEADER', '', 'RELIGION', 2), ('LEADER_CAF_ADENAU', 'LEADER', '', 'DIPLO', 2),

Updated LUA: https://pastebin.com/AM3AsVHN
Updated Modding: https://pastebin.com/73ZMk57D
Updated Database: https://pastebin.com/BNXFkDtC

Last edited:
Top Bottom