1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Strategy (AI) 1.6

Making AI better. One bit at a time.

1. Kruos

Kruos Warlord

Hi Infixo, very interesting mod you have made here!

I am thinking to give it a try, however I have concern about compatibility with other modified things in my modded Civ6. For example, could such thing like the removal of aerodrome create some issue with your AI building decsion? I was thinking to play with the mod loading order to overwrite rules modifications, but maybe some issues will still exist with your AI building decision..

2. Tonas1997

Tonas1997 Chieftain

Huyo! I also have a question: does Real Strategy affect the AI's production of anti-air units - or even its prowess in using them?

3. cuso210

cuso210 Chieftain

Sorry for taking so long. I play with modded civs, the listt is this:
    Me ,Switzerland - Catholicism (59 cities): Work Ethic, Eudaimonia, Chapel, Crusade
    Siam - Therevada (21 cities): Warrior Monks - Meeting House
    Maori - Puata Tupuna (47 cities): Divine Inspiration - Missionary Zeal
    Hatti - Li'im Dingirmes (16 cities): Feed the World - Wat
    Georgia - Eastern Orthodoxy (36 cities): Jesuit Education - Synagoge
    Albania - Sunni (23 cities): Reliquaries - Atashkadeh - Bellum Sacrum - Church Property
    Taino - Zemiism (12 cities): Religious Community - Surau
    China - Legalism (8 cities): Zen Meditation - Priory
    Cree - Wakan Tanka (3 cities): Choral Music - Pagoda
    Thule - Angakkunngurniq (9 cities): Seminaries - Gurdwara
    Mali - Zaidiyyah (3 cities): Prosperity Doctrine - Minervium

In another game I created happened the same, the only one besides me that unlocks all beliefs is the one that chooses Sunni.

4. Trigan Emperor

Trigan Emperor Prince

Since the mod makes the AI build comparable military size to their neighbors, with militarily weaker civs building more troops, and stronger civs building less, is there not a danger that this will reduce AI vs AI war? It seems logical that the AI would be more likely to declare war on a neighbor if they had a strong military advantage than if they had more comparable military strengths.

5. Paulo Santoro

Paulo Santoro Chieftain

Capturar2.JPG
    This is with Real Strategy, but I know that vanilla AI is no better. Why Peter goes for so many GPs and then keeps them walking instead of making great works? This game is also with The Great Musicians mod, so Concert Halls were available. Would there be a way to make AI avoid this waste?

6. Infixo

Infixo Deity

With the mod, AI should try to build bigger armies if it is lagging behind an average of known Civs, not only neighbors. This is mainly to counter the fact that weaker Civs are often attacked. Army strength is however not the only thing that matters - diplomacy matters. Unfortunately with no access to the DLL source code, we don’t know how exactly wars are started.
    So, put yourself in AI’s shoes and answer honestly what would you do if you knew that having a weak army would get you killed quickly? Would you just happily acquire artifacts or spam missionaries, or would you invest in an army big enough to not be considered weak?
    Anyway, since AIs have different strategies and features, they never end-up having same size armies. And if you things are peaceful, I’d bet it is because of diplomacy engine. Imo, Civs in Civ6 are mostly peaceful, they end up being friends with others, etc. No reason for war.
    And the last point - weak civs need bigger armies to present a slightly bigger challenge for a human player.

7. Infixo

Infixo Deity

This is an issue with base game, I noticed that long time ago. There is a node in the behavior tree for Great People that has some issue that causes that. It is responsible for finding a place for a GP to go and activate. However, once it doesn't find it, the GP “freezes”, and the issue is that this node doesn’t update when new places become available, e.g. a new museum is built, etc. So as long as a civ produces places faster that GPs, there is no problem. But a Civ like Russia, goes so crazy with GPs, that you get this problem quickly.
    Anyway, I tried to make a workaround in the mod, but it only worked partially. I can force a civ to create more spaces, but I cannot “unstuck” already broken GPs. Also, I cannot move them, because there is no API for that - I tried to move them and activate manually, no can do.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Das Capitolin and Paulo Santoro like this.
  8. Tonas1997

Tonas1997 Chieftain

Is it possible to influence the AI's unit building down to the unit line level? Something like:
    • more mobile units if overall terrain is flat
    • more naval bombard if that civ has naval superiority
    • more raiders if neighbours have a lot of traders going around
    • more bombers in situations of air superiority/supremacy
    • more anti-tank if adversaries have... well, tanks!
    • more anti-air if it doesn't have enough fighters
    • ...and so on!

9. Infixo

Infixo Deity

10. Tonas1997

Tonas1997 Chieftain

@Infixo Thanks, that's great to know! I asked because I've seen some truly bizarre army compositions coming from AI players; in my current game, Rome is 99% anti-tank and (perhaps) a few siege units around. It would definitely be an interesting problem to tacke.

11. Exletrum

Exletrum Chieftain

i like anti-strategy !
    Nice

Infixo likes this.
  12. daan_vb

daan_vb Chieftain

Can I use the latest version with the ipad version now all the expansions are out (I have all exansions and DLC's) or do i still need to use v1.4?

13. Paulo Santoro

Paulo Santoro Chieftain

With Real Strategy, civs are now making this kind of trade offer to me: a book (Great Writing) for another book. Why? As far as I know, books don't theme.

14. Mik1984

Mik1984 Prince

The mod is not compatible with Better Balanced Game mod, version v3.8.1

Game cannot launch with two mods enabled together.

Better Balanced Game is a very good mod,foremost it rebalances the civlizations and leaders, which are currently unbalanced with some clearly stronger than others.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  15. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@Mik1984
    I don't know where v3.8.1 is. I subscribed to this mod on Steam and tested v3.7.2.

The problem is that both mods change Start Biases for some civs and it causes DB constraints errors.

You have to comment out 2 lines in one of the mods.

BBG, file base.sql, lines 1081-1082
    --INSERT INTO StartBiasTerrains (CivilizationType , TerrainType , Tier)
    -- VALUES ('CIVILIZATION_JAPAN' , 'TERRAIN_COAST' , 2);

RST, file RealStrategy_Leaders.sql, lines 507-508
    --INSERT INTO StartBiasTerrains (CivilizationType, TerrainType, Tier) VALUES
    --('CIVILIZATION_JAPAN', 'TERRAIN_COAST', 2);

As you can see, these lines are exactly the same, so eventually you will get the same result for Japan.
    However, I don't know about other Start Biases. If you care about them, then you need to comment out all lines related to Start Biases in either of the mods, otherwise they might be a bit messed up.

16. Exletrum

Exletrum Chieftain

In a game, some nations can make a huge difference in science per turn. This can be fixed with the anti-strategy feature. The simple question is, is it possible to raise the importance of science with the included victory of culture? Example first nation 18- second nation- 66 can be.

I think that AI in any game should have high science

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  17. Infixo

Infixo Deity

18. Exletrum

Exletrum Chieftain

OK
    RealStrategy_Leaders.sql - Such lines as these for example ('LEADER_PETER_GREAT', 'LEADER', '', 'SCIENCE', 2)
    I understand in this file i need change?
    XP1- for dlc
    XP2- for dlc leaders?
    And what numbers are worth picking up? 9 maximum? the higher the value, the higher the ambition?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  19. Infixo

Infixo Deity

20. Exletrum

Exletrum Chieftain

eh, does not work. I tested the values minimum 5, 8 and 9.
    Only anti-strategy help