1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Strategy (AI) 1.7

Making AI better. One bit at a time.

1. Mik1984

Mik1984 Prince

Commenting all lines related to Start Biases is required for both mods to be compatible.

2. Levas/Alis

Levas/Alis Chieftain

Hello ! I got some problems in my game, and I post here the logs you requested in Steam subthread (modify the extensions to .log, I had to do that because if not CF wouldn't let me upload these files)

Attached Files:

3. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@Levas/Alis

[2704050.314] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: TraitModifiers.TraitType, TraitModifiers.ModifierId
    It seems that the only DB problem you have is from Sui Generis.
    I don't think it is related to the one from RST, however please disable it for the next test.

I need you to provide the logs again, however this time please enable debug logging in Real Strategy. In file RealStrategy_Params.sql set these all to 1.
    -- logging
    INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_DEBUG', '0'); -- log detailed debug info
    INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_STRAT', '1'); -- log strategy priorities
    INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_GUESS', '1'); -- log guess priorities
    INSERT INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('RST_OPTION_LOG_OTHER', '0'); -- log supporting (other) strategies

You have a lot of mods and I am afraid that something messes up with Lua, however it does not show as an error. I need debug info to see where potentially the code breaks.

Also, please run 1 game from the start (fresh one), go for 10 turns. Get logs, post them. Then leave the game and load it from the save file. Again, continue for 10 turns, get logs and post them. To make life easier - you can zip the logs and post zip file here.

4. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@Levas/Alis
    One more thing. Before the test from the previous post, please make sure that the issue is not related to using modded Civs.
    So, basically disable all modded Civs (+Sui Generis) and run a new game. Make sure to disable all, you have quite a few. Check if there is still a problem. If the problem is still there, then enable logging and continue with the previous post.

5. Levas/Alis

Levas/Alis Chieftain

I followed your instruction : I set the 4 parameters to 1, I unsubscribed Sukritact's Civs and Sui Generis (and 2 or 3 minor mods) and I began a new game from zero. I provide you the logs as attached files.
    Big thanks for helping me :D

6. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@Levas/Alis No errors from RST. I suspect that using modded civs that have no parameters needed for RST is causing problems.
    You can either not use them (always an option) OR add required parameters manually in the file RealStrategy_Leaders.sql.

There is a section with flavors for leaders, that goes like this:
    INSERT INTO RSTFlavors (ObjectType, Type, Subtype, Strategy, Value) VALUES -- generated from Excel
    ('LEADER_BARBAROSSA', 'LEADER', '', 'CONQUEST', 6), ('LEADER_BARBAROSSA', 'LEADER', '', 'SCIENCE', 7), ('LEADER_BARBAROSSA', 'LEADER', '', 'CULTURE', 4), ('LEADER_BARBAROSSA', 'LEADER', '', 'RELIGION', 2), ('LEADER_BARBAROSSA', 'LEADER', '', 'DIPLO', 2),
    ('LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI', 'LEADER', '', 'CONQUEST', 4), ('LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI', 'LEADER', '', 'SCIENCE', 4), ('LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI', 'LEADER', '', 'CULTURE', 7), ('LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI', 'LEADER', '', 'RELIGION', 2), ('LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI', 'LEADER', '', 'DIPLO', 2),

Basically for each leader you want to play with, you need to add corresponding flavors for all victory types.
    Maybe try with one and see if the errors are still there or if this would fix the problem.

7. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Warlord

Is this mod comptible with GS disabled? So only with rise and fall

8. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Warlord

also, when using a map script like Got Lakes, is the AI still prioritizing ships when on a non-pangea map? And vice versa?

The AI ship building based on the map it is playing on was a suggestion I did over a year ago for civ 5. I got lot’s of critique from civ players saying programming an AI like that would be too difficult.
    So how is this working in 6? Are they still spamming boats in tiny lakes etc..? Does it improve an AI naval invasion on watery maps? Will it finally use a battle ship to bombard coastal cities and take it with a ironclad?
    I’m curious as to how my idea is working in practice! It seems like a logical thing to do when programming AI to fix naval stupidity.
    It is mindblowing Firaxis doesnt implement a simple fix like this. That is if it is actually improving the AI, of course

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  9. Infixo

Infixo Deity

10. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Yes. The algorithm analyses the map itself (known part) and is unrelated to the script that generated the map.

The rest of the post - I am not sure what you are talking about.

11. Orup The Great

Orup The Great Chieftain

Hello-how do you install the RealStrategy Fire Tuner Panel? I downloaded the file RealStrategyTuner1.2.zip, and inside there is the file RealStrategy.Itp. What do I do with it now? I play the game via Steam.

12. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@Orup The Great
    The panel works with the Fire Tuner. You don’t install it anywhere, just open from Fire Tuner. For convenience you can put it into the Debug folder in the directory where the game is installed. This is where other panels are stored by default.

13. Orup The Great

Orup The Great Chieftain

Yes-thank you! I figured that out last night after reaching out to you :)

Infixo likes this.
  14. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

Thanks again @Infixo been using Real Strategy for months now with great success. I often lose a game to the AI winning a religious victory, I even once lost to a cultural victory.

Infixo likes this.
  15. Taa

Taa Warlord

Hi again
    I just wonder if there is any limits to how many BaseOperationsLimits that each civ/the game can have going at the same time?
    I like to increase most operations limits but I have no idea what the consequences is.

16. Infixo

Infixo Deity

17. Taa

Taa Warlord

Thanks for quick reply as always, great mod support :)

18. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Warlord

As I improve my understanding of the game's structure and develop niche mods, I now see how many obstacles you (and others) have had to overcome. There are countless bugs in the game itself, from redundant nuke attacks to broken GP activation. I find myself frustrated with the sloppiness by developers, but also the lack interest in fixing so many of the issues before offering expansions (which introduce even more issues). It's enough to sap all the motivation to produce these mods and keep them updated. I like this game, and I still play it often, but there's new competition right around the corner and they'll likely get my money.
    Apart from all this, I had a question for you out of curiosity: why don't you mention the version within the .modinfo file, ideally at the end of the <Name> block?

19. Sofi

Sofi Chieftain

Hello Infixo, I'm a new civ 6 player here. Just wanted to ask you a question about your mod. First of all I got like 5 or 6 games under my belt but I've got full understanding of the game since I watched a LOT of videos (like 3 or 4 full matches) and I can easily beat the AI on Emperor and below. I think that Deity and Immortal bonuses are just too unfair so I don't play with those difficulties because I just don't think it makes the game much fun. So that brought me here, to your mod. To just have challenging opposition at Emperor difficulty.
    So onto my question, Does the AI try to launch an attack on me if we have a roughly equal military or does it not do anything unless it has a LOT more military than me? Like it does with the extra warriors it gets at the start of a deity or immortal? I don't usually have a single war declared on me since I'm almost always in the top half in military strength and keep up with military but I'd like to see the AI try to launch a REASONABLE attack on me even if it has roughly the same military as me. I surely hope with your mod the AI realizes this and declares war when it can benefit from it...even if we have equal or even if I have slightly lower military.
    Nonetheless I love your other mods and am hoping to love this one too. Thanks and keep it up with the mods.

20. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@Sofi The exact conditions and the logic on when and why is the AI declaring wars is hidden in the DLL, modders don't know that and ofc cannot change that.
    From observations, I can only tell that military strength is one of the parameters, but absolutely not the only one. Imho the diplomacy is also very important.

Sofi likes this.