Real Strategy (AI)

Real Strategy (AI) 2.3.1

Hi.
I play Vanilla with RealStrategy and some other mods. I like it very much!
Today i've got mod error. After disabling mods one by one it seems RealStrategy has problem with last update. After disabling it, game start working.

Thanks Infixo. By the way, my name on steam is LoneWanderer.

I'll have to see if I can find an automated way to compare files to find the same table...

Great work on all of the mods!

Hey infixo,

Disclaimer, Software engineer, that's too lazy to REALLY dig, but figured I'd throw a few seconds to look and maybe help ya out as another set of eyes. Note I am unfamiliar with Civ6 modding, but I just wanted to piggy back since I saw some others posted with the issue on steam.

New game, only enabled Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm, and Real Strategy, and I had an identical looking log section to those in the forums that stood out.

Code:
[1879652.481] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[1879652.481] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[1879652.481] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1879652.507] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on UnitAiInfos.UnitType - "UNIT_KHMER_DOMREY" does not exist in Units

Looked into that unit, and looks like it's part of a DLC I don't own. Makes me wonder if that's why it's blowing up.

Adding a fun tidbit, not sure how Civ6 handles errors (or if they're just glorified warnings you can get away with) but observed this in the log too.
I did not have the Aztec DLC enabled on my troubleshooting run when this appeared

Code:
[1881114.610] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on AiFavoredItems.ListType - "MontezumaTechs" does not exist in AiListTypes
[1881114.610] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on AiFavoredItems.ListType - "MontezumaTechs" does not exist in AiListTypes
[1881114.610] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on AiFavoredItems.ListType - "MontezumaWonders" does not exist in AiListTypes

Like I said, if you need any specifics (esp logs) from me feel free to reach out. Not sure if the sets you've already gotten are adequate (and I'm lazy).

Oh, I got it, you have to delete the not needed DLC civ sql files from the mod's folder - and now it is running fine! :)

Edit. The issue has been fixed in v1.1.1. This post no longer applies.

Dear All
There seems to be a bug in the criteria that activate .sql scripts for various DLCs. As a result, the mod loads all of them, even if you don’t have the required DLC. This is very weird as these criteria are copied directly from respective DLCs, so I need to find out why they stoped working, do some testing and fix it.
Until that, as a temporary solution, just remove the .sql files that are dedicated for specific DLCs. They have clear names.
I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
I started a Sumerian game on emperor smoother difficulty, only DV, SV and CV victories enabled.
I have the feeling that AI build more units :king: - I had some nice wars I started in the ancient/classical era.
I managed to get 2 cities from neighbour Poland but not her capital, had to make peace as she had many units and
also Nubia surprised me with war and lots of units.
The Nubia war was a stalemate, ending with peace... (rough terrain, lots of AI spears)

Now I have my new home land with 5 cities, I will try a builder game...
Want to see if AI relly goes for science or culture victory... or starts wars? :)

New game, only enabled Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm, and Real Strategy, and I had an identical looking log section to those in the forums that stood out.
Code:
[1879652.481]
[1879652.507] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on UnitAiInfos.UnitType - "UNIT_KHMER_DOMREY" does not exist in Units
Looked into that unit, and looks like it's part of a DLC I don't own. Makes me wonder if that's why it's blowing up.
This file should only be executed if you own Indonesia & Khmer DLC. But somehow the criteria malfunction and it is loaded always. So, if you don't have the DLC, the Domrey unit doesn't exist, and DB throws an error.

I will take care of that in a couple of days, when I get back home.
However, if you feeling experimental then try this.

The criteria for DLC looks like this
Code:
<Criteria id="DLCIndonesiaKhmer" any="1">
<LeaderPlayable>Players:StandardPlayers::LEADER_GITARJA,Players:StandardPlayers::LEADER_JAYAVARMAN,StandardPlayers::LEADER_GITARJA,StandardPlayers::LEADER_JAYAVARMAN,Players:Expansion1_Players::LEADER_GITARJA,Players:Expansion2_Players::LEADER_JAYAVARMAN,Players:Expansion2_Players::LEADER_GITARJA,Players:Expansion2_Players::LEADER_JAYAVARMAN</LeaderPlayable>
<RuleSetInUse>RULESET_STANDARD,RULESET_EXPANSION_1,RULESET_EXPANSION_2</RuleSetInUse>
</Criteria>

Try to change it into this.
Code:
<Criteria id="DLCIndonesiaKhmer">
<LeaderPlayable>Players:StandardPlayers::LEADER_GITARJA,Players:StandardPlayers::LEADER_JAYAVARMAN,StandardPlayers::LEADER_GITARJA,StandardPlayers::LEADER_JAYAVARMAN,Players:Expansion1_Players::LEADER_GITARJA,Players:Expansion2_Players::LEADER_JAYAVARMAN,Players:Expansion2_Players::LEADER_GITARJA,Players:Expansion2_Players::LEADER_JAYAVARMAN</LeaderPlayable>
</Criteria>
Basically remove "any" tag and RuleSetInUse line. This is how it was pre-GS and it worked perfectly.

Adding a fun tidbit, not sure how Civ6 handles errors (or if they're just glorified warnings you can get away with) but observed this in the log too.
Basically most of the stuff in database.log are usually errors. Sometimes warnings, mainly from Localization .xmls. They are eventually ignored.
If the game cannot create a DB properly, it doesn't start a game and returns to the main menu. In modding.log there will be a message saying something like "reverting to the original state".

... thank you for the done work but pikemen barbarians hurry on all map abandoning the outpost of barbarians (understand)

I don't know if your mod affects world congress but I urge you to look at this potentially powerful tool that could influence gameplay session's direction.

I just got occasion where Trajan conquered one of Saladin's cities and there was a vote cast if military emergency should arise and... Saladin voted against with 4 votes.... So basically did a favor to his conqueror.

... thank you for the done work but pikemen barbarians hurry on all map abandoning the outpost of barbarians (understand)
Not sure if you are complaining or praising? And the issue being pikemen or them running around?
In any case, both are unrelated to the mod. There are no changes to barbs in RST.

[QUOTE = "Infixo, пост: 15403084, член: 276284"] Не впевнений, що ви скаржилися або хвалили? А проблема в тому, що пікеміни чи їх бігають?
У будь-якому випадку, обидва не пов'язані з модом. У RST не відбулося жодних змін. [/ QUOTE]

... I put RST and at once such problems

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2 MB · Views: 253
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
... тільки з такою проблемою
[QUOTE = "Infixo, пост: 15403166, member: 276284"] Як я вже сказав - все, що ви вважаєте проблемою, не пов'язане з RST, оскільки RST не змінює нічого, що стосується варварів. Буквально. [/ QUOTE]
... only with RST such problem !!! began to play for Japan (I will be bequeathed later)

Like I said - whatever you think the problem is, it is unrelated to RST because RST doesn’t change anything related to barbarians. Literally.
... with Japan the same problem !!! I take away RST and all in place (understand)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2 MB · Views: 190
Top Bottom