Realism Invictus

Yes, it leads to a crash. Has to be something with graphics, I think.

Ok. It can be easily fixed if you tell us which unit is broken.

About later era horse units w/melee-type weapons that don't advance into combat;

The only one I can recall w/certainty is the English Light Brigade. With less certainty, I think the Polish Uhlan and Arabic Camel riders also do this.

Due to the large number of games played, and the consistent way that they've been set up, my own impression is that the units that do this are late game horse units that have melee-type weapons, that are "parallel" to most other horse units using guns. Late Renaissance/early industrial periods, when most horse units are shooting, there are still a few that are using swords and lances. These few seem to be the units not advancing into combat. My impression is that a "category" of late horse units is set up to stand in place and shoot their guns. The units that don't advance, despite using melee-type weapons, are possibly within this "category," which would explain why they don't advance.

Hope this helps.

Does city revolt no longer damage the garrison in the city? I try to use my spy on an enemy city I'm about to attack, but when I successfully revolt, nothing happens to the units inside the city. Is this meant to be? I tried to look in the manual, but I got nothing after Ctrl+F "City Revolt".

Does city revolt no longer damage the garrison in the city? I try to use my spy on an enemy city I'm about to attack, but when I successfully revolt, nothing happens to the units inside the city. Is this meant to be? I tried to look in the manual, but I got nothing after Ctrl+F "City Revolt".

It massively decreases the city's defence rating IIRC, nulling walls and other defensive structures.

I read in the FAQ that, if one so desired, a custom map could be made to work with RI by placing resources. I'd like to do that, but am at a loss as to how. When I bring up a custom map in RI, it crashes, so how do I actually get at the map to place the resources? Without using RI, the resources that need to be placed aren't available. Obviously, I'm missing something.

Is it just me or is giving an extra hammer on tiles that produce 3,and the wonder bonus make this trait a little over powered. I have had several games on monarch where I am easily building all the ancient wonders because I have already built everything else I want/need.This sets me up for easy domination later. I could up the difficulty, but monarch is challenging when I play any other leader/civ without this trait.

It massively decreases the city's defence rating IIRC, nulling walls and other defensive structures.

Anything else? I remember revolts damaged garrison to 50% of their max health. Did defense bonuses get destroyed in original civ4?

Added 1 small zip that edits AI science rates a bit, it would be esp. usefull in total war games where you cant trade with any of the AI civs as you normally can.

Do wonders enabled by civics still run after you change civics? Such as if I built the lubyanka enabled by dictatorship, will it still provide bonuses after you change to monarchy? (or something else)

Do wonders enabled by civics still run after you change civics? Such as if I built the lubyanka enabled by dictatorship, will it still provide bonuses after you change to monarchy? (or something else)

no

Originally Posted by NDU View Post
hello walter, i just remembered something that would be very realistic to add in RI. Bombers that can destroy production and buildings (not just air strike and bombard) , for me it's very realistic, it is added in the mod Road to War (ww2). And museums , because they are a important part of the culture of a modern city.

Planned eventually.

Quote:
And in the world map there is a gold and a iron resource in greenland but the iron reasource it's impassable, so, it is there just for decoration?

Don't understand the question.

1-nice :)

2-walter, i mean that there is a unusable iron resource(it's unpassable) in greenland (big island in the upper part of north america made of tundra with one gold resource, one crab resource one whale resouce and one iron resource) . i wanted if that is on purpose.

I just noticed something, not sure if it is just me that is overlooking something or if it is a mistake. The building "Mayors Office" does not seem to display the unhappy/happy bonus and penalty that my city is getting from it. I took two screenshots where one the one it is shown from the unhappiness description that the city gets 1unhappy because "A building is upsetting us". From the Mayors Office civilopedia description I know that it gives 1Unhappy. But since I am running Parliamentarism I am also getting 1Happy from the building; so the the happy/unhappy effects are 'cancelling' each other. But shouldn't the building window still display the 1unhappy face and the 1happy face? They are not as it is shown on the other screenshot. Is it an error or is it because the 1happy/1unhappy are 'cancelling' eachother?

PS. Is it just me or are the forums EXTREMELY slow very often? It took me about 5 minutes to write the above text, but then another 5 minutes to actually attach the files and post the reply?!?

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword 2012-07-01 21-29-52-34.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2012-07-01 21-29-52-34.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Civ4BeyondSword 2012-07-01 21-29-57-43.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword 2012-07-01 21-29-57-43.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 62
I tried it again, after upgrading my system. Even on this mashine that mod is slow and crashes randomly all the time.

Guys, I appreciate all the work you put into the design of this mod, but your coding just isnt skilled enough to carry all of the weight. I'm not trying to flame you, you're doing a goood job, but realy: Your one weak spot is coding. You need someone who reworks each and every line of code your designteam suggests. If its down correct this mod should run lightning fast, because its demands are a joke compared to todays mashines.

And no, I dont realy know your code, but I dot need to. If I hear that two guys have problems carrying a chicken to the first floor, cursing about how difficult that task is, then I know that the chicken is not the problem.

Dont let your work be wasted by bad coding, find someone who knows what hes doing someone with a real plan, please.

Really like the mod, BUT am I the only one that suffers from a large amount of combat loses when I have a 95% and above win chance? This is really driving me crazy

I tried it again, after upgrading my system. Even on this mashine that mod is slow and crashes randomly all the time.

Guys, I appreciate all the work you put into the design of this mod, but your coding just isnt skilled enough to carry all of the weight. I'm not trying to flame you, you're doing a goood job, but realy: Your one weak spot is coding. You need someone who reworks each and every line of code your designteam suggests. If its down correct this mod should run lightning fast, because its demands are a joke compared to todays mashines.

And no, I dont realy know your code, but I dot need to. If I hear that two guys have problems carrying a chicken to the first floor, cursing about how difficult that task is, then I know that the chicken is not the problem.

Dont let your work be wasted by bad coding, find someone who knows what hes doing someone with a real plan, please.

Is your system 64 bits?

Our mod is open to collaboration, if any coder wants to contribute I'm sure we will make good use of him. We are currently working on some functionalities, we have a one superb programmer but we have to do step by step due to the limited time and resources.

Really like the mod, BUT am I the only one that suffers from a large amount of combat loses when I have a 95% and above win chance? This is really driving me crazy

We hope to correct this inaccuracy when merging a component called BULL.

yep, i hate that too, i once lost a fusilier attacking a city with city raider 4 and two promotions more and 99% chances to win :eek::eek: thats insane. In a war agains fusilier i lost 2 helis with 2 promotions + napalm(100% chance vs gunpower) and +96% chances of winning :eek::eek::eek:, just to mention 2 examples, but that happends frecuently.

About later era horse units w/melee-type weapons that don't advance into combat;

The only one I can recall w/certainty is the English Light Brigade. With less certainty, I think the Polish Uhlan and Arabic Camel riders also do this.

Due to the large number of games played, and the consistent way that they've been set up, my own impression is that the units that do this are late game horse units that have melee-type weapons, that are "parallel" to most other horse units using guns. Late Renaissance/early industrial periods, when most horse units are shooting, there are still a few that are using swords and lances. These few seem to be the units not advancing into combat. My impression is that a "category" of late horse units is set up to stand in place and shoot their guns. The units that don't advance, despite using melee-type weapons, are possibly within this "category," which would explain why they don't advance.

Hope this helps.

OK, will check. It basically boils down to one XML value that could have easily been carelessly copy-pasted. It is easily fixed once exact units suffering from that are known. Thanks for pointing out.

I don't think we changed anything about that compared to vanilla.

I read in the FAQ that, if one so desired, a custom map could be made to work with RI by placing resources. I'd like to do that, but am at a loss as to how. When I bring up a custom map in RI, it crashes, so how do I actually get at the map to place the resources? Without using RI, the resources that need to be placed aren't available. Obviously, I'm missing something.

You first have to open the map in a text editor and manually specify the correct number of teams (even if you need less; then just leave them empty). Open a stock RI scenario for reference. Then you will be able to open a map in RI without crashing.

Is it just me or is giving an extra hammer on tiles that produce 3,and the wonder bonus make this trait a little over powered. I have had several games on monarch where I am easily building all the ancient wonders because I have already built everything else I want/need.This sets me up for easy domination later. I could up the difficulty, but monarch is challenging when I play any other leader/civ without this trait.

There is no wonder bonus in Industrious trait in RI. You must be under impression from vanilla Civ 4 where it was the main bonus of this trait.

2-walter, i mean that there is a unusable iron resource(it's unpassable) in greenland (big island in the upper part of north america made of tundra with one gold resource, one crab resource one whale resouce and one iron resource) . i wanted if that is on purpose.

OK, I understand now. I checked and indeed this is a bug of the map - a sea ice was placed on land, rendering it impassable.

I just noticed something, not sure if it is just me that is overlooking something or if it is a mistake. The building "Mayors Office" does not seem to display the unhappy/happy bonus and penalty that my city is getting from it. I took two screenshots where one the one it is shown from the unhappiness description that the city gets 1unhappy because "A building is upsetting us". From the Mayors Office civilopedia description I know that it gives 1Unhappy. But since I am running Parliamentarism I am also getting 1Happy from the building; so the the happy/unhappy effects are 'cancelling' each other. But shouldn't the building window still display the 1unhappy face and the 1happy face? They are not as it is shown on the other screenshot. Is it an error or is it because the 1happy/1unhappy are 'cancelling' eachother?

It is because they are canceling each other; instead of displaying +1:) +1:mad:, the game just cancels them out with each other and displays no effect (which is basically true). As you correctly noted, both of these still get displayed in the total happiness of the city.

If you get crashes, blame not our coders, but those of Firaxis. We're quite prepared to answer for slowness (and indeed the mod is actually quite fast, if one doesn't play on the World Maps, which are explicitly stated in the manual as being slow due to being extremely huge), but the crashes are from the improper handling of 32-bit address space by the game executable. On a 64-bit OS, our mod runs without crashing.

BSPollux, I am definetly not experiencing what you are, and my rig is 2½ years old. I am having zero crashes, having played it now for more than 40 hours. Load times for the AI's turns takes from a minute to several minutes, that feels long, but it is perfectly normal for such a huge mod as Realism Invictus. The best way to counter this is to have an awesome CPU, the more powerful your CPU, the faster AI turns complete. You also need a lot of ram, like 6GB or 8GB.

Bear in mind that the devs specifically inform that Realism Invictus takes a huge toll on your system, especially your CPU and your ram. Also what operating system are you running, is it 32-bit or 64-bit? Because if you run 32-bit ur pretty much screwed, no way around it; which does NOT have anything to do with bad coding on the mods/devs part. The mod is just so big and full of content that a 32-bit system will at some point 'run out' of memory (check the mod description for a more thorough explanation). Seriously, its no joke, call it a design fault in Windows 32-bit, call 32-bit obsolete, blame Microsoft, blame Firaxis or whatever; but don't blame the devs, they have made an AWESOME job with this mod. Nowhere else will you find a more deep and complex Civ experience.

If you download the mini-mod file I did that cuts production rates from building the heroic epic, it speeds turns somewhat by decreasing unit builds overall. I have had 0 crashes in my games and fast turns overall though I play total war all the time. You must have a 64 bit operating system to play these large mods and preferrably a duel core system. My older laptop will run this mod but it wasnt really made for gaming and I wouldnt play anything larger than a standard map on it.

Top Bottom