Realism Invictus

There haven't been any SVN updates since 23 September-- is this right or am I looking at some outdated SVN page?

I'm seeing the same thing so I think that's correct.

I'm seeing the same thing as well, but they could have changed the url again.

The URL hasn't been changed again, and I don't foresee any reason that it will change again. There just haven't been any updates for a little while. I suppose it's really quite unusual for us to go more than a month without an update.

Don't worry though, I just committed something :)

-Josh

Revision: 4551

XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file xml\text\religionmod.xml

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for xml\text\religionmod.xml.
Current XML file is: xml\text\techwindow options.xml

I don't know what you guys did with the Technology Advisor screen but it is lightning fast now!

:goodjob:

VICTORY!!! (r4546)

Graphs/Stats under spoiler:

Spoiler :

I believe this is only the second time I have actually played a Realism game through on the world map all the way to completion (rather than just quitting once I had conquered Europe/Asia). First time was back when this was Warlords only. :lol:

One nitpick, this Pre-Dreadnought has a name that would inflict terror in it's enemies... as they try to pronounce it:

Spoiler :

So with this update to the civilopedia, are we any closer to 3.2? I'd heard it was the last thing you were really working on before release.

So with this update to the civilopedia, are we any closer to 3.2? I'd heard it was the last thing you were really working on before release.

Yes. We're close but before any release we MUST be sure that nothing would create a CTD or something that unbalance the game.

As can see all those who use the SVN, Josh is at that time the most active Team Member. It's logical: he is the wizard that create, debug, update the codes of RI.
Be patient, we're very close.

Regarding 4555:

Both air units and ranged ground units are no longer allowed to air/range strike targets that are already at the maximum air combat damage level

Prevents needless AI ranged bombardment spam
Modified CvUnit::airStrikeTarget to achieve the effect (only three lines of code!)

This update is game save compatible.

Thank you! I was concerned about player spam, actually, since bombardment now gives a unit XP, artillery is able to rack up tons of "free" levels by bombarding every turn even if the defender is already maxxed out.

Regarding 4555:

Thank you! I was concerned about player spam, actually, since bombardment now gives a unit XP, artillery is able to rack up tons of "free" levels by bombarding every turn even if the defender is already maxxed out.

I'm at work, can't play right now :lol: , but does this mean that once a unit has been bombed to the maximum level, if you bomb the stack again it will damage a non-damaged unit rather than the most defensively capable (even if that was has been damaged to the max)?

Or will the stack simply not be targetable until you damage the main unit enough that other units start taking over the defense? (This is important for 2 Tribal Village cities in which one has a Village that has every promotion possibly and is level over 9000.)

Yes. We're close but before any release we MUST be sure that nothing would create a CTD or something that unbalance the game.

As can see all those who use the SVN, Josh is at that time the most active Team Member. It's logical: he is the wizard that create, debug, update the codes of RI.
Be patient, we're very close.

Sounds great. Haven't played in close to year, so can't wait to see what you guys have in store.

I've got a minor bug for you, but I'm not sure how to reproduce it, it just shows up sometimes: The Logistical Problems Promo sticks around on a unit.

Spoiler :

I've also attached the save (zipped due to site limits). Revision 4555.

Attachments

• Elizabeth r4555 BC-0390.7z
    2 MB · Views: 56
I've got a minor bug for you, but I'm not sure how to reproduce it, it just shows up sometimes: The Logistical Problems Promo sticks around on a unit.

Spoiler :

did you took aver edinburgh or just destroyed it?

Thanks for the updates Josh!

The tech tree imbedded in the civilopedia is an extra special treat.
:D

I don't know what you guys did with the Technology Advisor screen but it is lightning fast now!

:goodjob:
Yeah that used to drive me nuts so I did what I could to improve the situation :)

I'm at work, can't play right now :lol: , but does this mean that once a unit has been bombed to the maximum level, if you bomb the stack again it will damage a non-damaged unit rather than the most defensively capable (even if that was has been damaged to the max)?

Or will the stack simply not be targetable until you damage the main unit enough that other units start taking over the defense? (This is important for 2 Tribal Village cities in which one has a Village that has every promotion possibly and is level over 9000.)
Your latter hypothesis is true: the best defender will always be targeted, and if that defender is at or below maximum air strike damage then no air strike will be possible. Generally, a different unit will come up as the best defender after the first one is damaged.

It would be possible to have it also cycle through the entire stack until every possible defender is exhausted, but that would be a significant game mechanic change and I'm not yet sure what the ramifications would be.

Oh drat; that's definitely not right. Had you moved any units as cargo in or out of the city recently?

Am I remembering right that Josh was the one who did those tech quotes back for total realism gold?
Must have been a different fellow :)

-Josh

Top Bottom