Realism Invictus

minor bug report - Saware nezam (persian knight?) and Aswaran infantry (persian foot knight probably) are purple when standing.
Problem on my side, sorrym nwm.

Oh drat; that's definitely not right. Had you moved any units as cargo in or out of the city recently?

Not for a few turns (and many years later it still had the promo showing). I can state that it was part of the invasion of Ireland, so I will keep close eye on my embarkments and disembarkments in regards to the logistics promos in the future.

I remember having the same issue with another unit in my Austronesian Game I completed, but it was only one unit out of that entire game. I only noticed after the invasion of America, but then again, that was basically the first time I had enough units in one spot to trigger promos... :lol:

New "bug":

Summary: City Defence of Edinburg (Barbarian) goes from 100% to 20% after I end turn.

Spoiler :

100%:

20%

Save games between things are attached.

I don't get why it fell so sharply?

EDIT: I was just thinking, the only thing that happened was a barbarian savage attacked and lost. I remember the K-mod might have had something that made battles influence culture. Is that portion of the mod in Realism, and if so, would that cause the barbarian city's culture level fall to drop the "innate" culture level down to the palisade level?

Attachments

• Defence Fall.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
Hellos again Realism team!. It's been some time since I've visited the forums(life, kids):coffee:

Updating via SVN at the moment looking forward to some new adventures, will report any bugs/ problems I come across. :scan:

WOW..nice updates looks clean..and the civilopedia that's just nice :goodjob:

WOW..nice updates looks clean..and the civilopedia that's just nice :goodjob:

Agreed, the Civlopedia's a thing of beauty now.

Just browsing around, while you guys are making everything clearer with relationships and text, perhaps you could add a line somehow to the Slavery/Serfdom civics? Right now there is nothing that states that they cause revolts as far as I can see, and while it makes sense intuitively, and as an experienced player I know that they do from past playthroughs.

But when you release 3.2 you might get a flurry of new to RI players that could use that one little hint. I think the revolt things are in from vanilla, but this mod changes enough stuff including the civics options, and the documentation elsewhere in the civlopedia is great, that they may just assume no info means nothing happens? I know my play style for the longest time just didn't use Serfdom, and then when I played a game for that used it for the first time last year, I was surprised by the revolts.

Ages ago I mentioned that the hotkeys needed to be reworked. Off the top of my head from this mornings play-through... Sentry (s), Automate Protect (s)...<---same keys:crazyeye: outside of that I have not come across others.

Game feels nicely paced, and looks great!

That's it for now..abit under the weather and need some rest:vomit:

Old post...
Spoiler :
There is at least one more "S" scout, appears to be a bombard. But I regress, these are of little consequence . I never really find myself flying through turns so quickly that I don't realize it.;) Again though, a bug.:deadhorse:

I took it over. I'm thinking now that may have been a mistake, and I should have destroyed it and put two cities up there instead.

two cities? were? I see York in a good place but would you change notinham? You said you would destry edinburgh but were would you put the 2 cities instead?

I hate to beat a dead horse and be annoying at the same time but... is there a planned date/timeframe for the 3.2 release? I'm excited :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

You know i play Civ 4 than civ 5 i bought all of civ 5 but it still does not hold a candle to civ 4 in my play style. Im glad that people are still make mods for civ 4.

Ages ago I mentioned that the hotkeys needed to be reworked. Off the top of my head from this mornings play-through... Sentry (s), Automate Protect (s)...<---same keys:crazyeye: outside of that I have not come across others.

Also on Hotkeys, "w" for most units is a wait command so I can come back to them, but "w" on a worker in the woods creates a slash & burn tile, often ruining my nice, pretty lumbermill.

Also on Hotkeys, "w" for most units is a wait command so I can come back to them, but "w" on a worker in the woods creates a slash & burn tile, often ruining my nice, pretty lumbermill.

I'm with Sathar on this one. The "double-booked" hotkeys create problems from time to time, with the "w" key being the most troublesome.

Love the mod, though.

Yuppers. For some reason my latest version won't make me a cuppa to go along with my morning donut :mischief:..... JK, you folks are doing an awesome job. Looking forward to the finalized release.

Fixed the "W" for slash-and-burn, it will now be Shift+W. Any other particularly troublesome you want us to fix?

I have to bang around a bit more. For a while there was a problem with "s" for Sentry sending units off into the wilds for some explore/patrol nonsense, but I think you fixed that one already.

While on the subject of Sentry, I forget if it was in an older version of RI or a different mod line, but somewhere (BUG? Revolutions?) there was functionality so that sea sentries wouldn't wake from land threats and vice-versa. Also for Healing units to wake on an adjacent threat.

I have posted over in the support forum, but I am beginning to think the load issue I have is with this Mod, and not vanilla BtS... On Win 7, on two separate and pretty raunchy systems the load crashes during the XML phase, leaving a taskbar icon.

No idea why I did this, but when I turned off modular load in the settings, I saw a bunch of XML errors all relating to units. Is this a clue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

It's been Ctrl+Shift+S for protect in SVN for quite a while.

When I have a ship selected (Ship of the Line for this example), Ctrl+Shift+S does nothing. Pressing just the "S" key gives me the "Automate Protect" selector cursor.

Also, if I mouse over the sentry button, it says "Sentry <S>". If I mouse over the automate protect button it says "Automate Protect <S>"

This is on SVN Revision 4561.

I hate to beat a dead horse and be annoying at the same time but... is there a planned date/timeframe for the 3.2 release? I'm excited :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

They said last page they're very close, so I'm thinking if it's like the last time they said "very close" it will probably be around Christmas. Christmas of 2014. Be patient :lol:.

Top Bottom