Realism Invictus

Oh my eyes completely flew by the "version 3.57a" and only saw the "Dec 6 2021" above it when I last looked. If possible I would still appreciate being reminded of how to do the packing anyway out of curiosity but thank you for pointing that the installer version is the same to me.

And again, the earlier Dec 6 installer was also essentially the same version, just worse packed. As for the actual packing, it just comes down to using this utility on the Assets/Art folder: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/pakbuild.2384/ (no compression, store full paths; separate into files ~ 150-200Mb in size, store major asset types (terrain, structures, units etc) in separate fpk files).

And again, the earlier Dec 6 installer was also essentially the same version, just worse packed. As for the actual packing, it just comes down to using this utility on the Assets/Art folder: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/pakbuild.2384/ (no compression, store full paths; separate into files ~ 150-200Mb in size, store major asset types (terrain, structures, units etc) in separate fpk files).

I assume you had changed how the pack files were read at some point? the way I had tried was how I had done in the past but it was all in a single "RealismArt.fpk" containing all of it which didn't work ingame.

Pardon me for asking questions of this type.

I changed it a bit, not the procedure itself, but rather the way they are organized - see the latest 3.57 installer for a hands-on example. The main thing that seemed to work was to keep different assets in different fpk's. It's a bit of a hassle to pack that way but seems to get rid of the "black terrain" effect. A single fpk is too big, and causes memory issues of its own.

Installed the mod with the new setup just before X-mas - keeping in mind NOT to fumble with the FPK-files.

Used quite some time to ajust what I want to ajust (XML-files only) - I'm now ready for my first "serious" game with ver. 3.57(a). All my starts and restarts during my prep for this game have loaded without any problems, so I look forward to some good play-time.

I'm trying to install your mod, and not having any success. When I run the executable, it says that it can't find a BtS installation. I suppose this is because I got it through Steam. So, I browse to the BtS folder in steamapps, but the installer won't let me select the folder. How do I install this?

I'm trying to install your mod, and not having any success. When I run the executable, it says that it can't find a BtS installation. I suppose this is because I got it through Steam. So, I browse to the BtS folder in steamapps, but the installer won't let me select the folder. How do I install this?

The folder you need is the one where Civ4BeyondSword.exe is located. It's not the root folder of the game IIRC, but something like "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Beyond the Sword".

The folder you need is the one where Civ4BeyondSword.exe is located. It's not the root folder of the game IIRC, but something like "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Beyond the Sword".
I assume you mean
Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond the Sword/Mods
But, when I went to make sure of what I said above, it now can find the BtS installation.
<shrug>

Now I'm trying to load a saved game, and I'm getting a message "Cannot load version 303, expected version 302 or lower." I have no idea whether this is related to RI or is an error from BtS.

Which saved game? If it is a saved game from anything else other than the mod itself, by all means, it shouldn't logically be loaded (if you thought you could continue a vanilla Civ 4 save game under RI or any mod for that reason you are very optimistic with regard to how Civ 4 mods should work, as only something saved with the precise checksum of what you're loading can be loaded at all) - and if it is a saved game that you already created while running the mod then how come you saved it under a different version than you're trying to load it?

Which saved game? If it is a saved game from anything else other than the mod itself, by all means, it shouldn't logically be loaded (if you thought you could continue a vanilla Civ 4 save game under RI or any mod for that reason you are very optimistic with regard to how Civ 4 mods should work, as only something saved with the precise checksum of what you're loading can be loaded at all) - and if it is a saved game that you already created while running the mod then how come you saved it under a different version than you're trying to load it?
It was an RI game, and all I did was save it. I didn't choose a version.

Are you actually trying to load an RI game from RI? There's a person here who reported the same error you had while trying to load an RI game from vanilla Civ 4 apparently: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cannot-load-version-303-expected-version-302-of-lower.518613/
I will repeat: it was a Realism: Invictus game. At that point, that was the only game I had played on this installation of Civ IV, so there was no way it could be confused with anything else.

That's not what I was asking - did you actually launch RI and try to load the game from within the mod? Or did you just launch vanilla BtS and try to load the game from there? I just tried and this is indeed the error message I am getting if I just launch Civ 4 without RI and try loading an RI save.

That's not what I was asking - did you actually launch RI and try to load the game from within the mod? Or did you just launch vanilla BtS and try to load the game from there? I just tried and this is indeed the error message I am getting if I just launch Civ 4 without RI and try loading an RI save.
Okay. That did the trick. It never occurred to me that you would have to select the mod every time, rather than the game remembering what you're playing.

Здравствуй, Уолтер! Пишу сюда, т.к основной форум почему-то выключен.

Мне нужно отредактировать условие победы в многопользовательской игре. Я играю со своим другом. И хотелось чтобы осталась только условие "военная победа" и еще добавить "ИИ играет до победы", "Агрессивный ИИ", "Агрессивные варвары"

Пытался через сейв, но там иероглифы. Только сверху написано название держав. Можешь помочь?

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. We are an English language site, please provide an English translation for your post in future. I have done so below. leif

Translation from Google translate:
Hello Walter! I am writing here, because the main forum is for some reason turned off. I need to edit the win condition in a multiplayer game. I'm playing with my friend. And I wanted only the condition "military victory" to remain and add "AI plays until victory", "Aggressive AI", "Aggressive barbarians" I tried to save, but there are hieroglyphs. Only on top is the name of the powers written. Can you help me?

Ссылка на файл: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7FJ7CMzilkVmOajmW1cmcPd0vDd02bK/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Здравствуй, Уолтер! Пишу сюда, т.к основной форум почему-то выключен.

Мне нужно отредактировать условие победы в многопользовательской игре. Я играю со своим другом. И хотелось чтобы осталась только условие "военная победа" и еще добавить "ИИ играет до победы", "Агрессивный ИИ", "Агрессивные варвары"

Пытался через сейв, но там иероглифы. Только сверху написано название держав. Можешь помочь?

Nope, sorry, while it may be possible to do using some kind of a save game editor I guess, I don't know how to help you in this case.

And yeah, if you have to ask in Russian, please do so via personal messages - it's impolite to other forum users to use anything other than English in public threads.

I'm sorry. Thanks for the last answer.
I saw somewhere on the forum your answer about the problem with the local connection of the third player. That is, he cannot connect to the game, writes the name of the second player. How can this be solved?

Top Bottom