Realism Invictus

Really enjoy many aspects of this mod. The AI, however, is not building Wonders. At all.

This is not on the World map. Prince difficulty. Planetgenerator.

It is 1000 AD and I just built Temple of Artemis because it was so cheap and no one else bothered to do it.

There are a few missing text and sound files here and there as well no big deal.

But the AI issue is big. Also, I've noticed AI isn't building hardly any town improvements either.

Going to try to reinstal the modpack though as see if that clears things up.

We will not be introducing new rules just for the sake of the World Map. It is just not interesting enough - our mod is not about the World Map, it's just a scenario.

That said, in the last test game I was running, Judaism and Christianity were founded in Jerusalem, and Hinduism in India (and IIRC Zoroastrianism in Persia).

Really enjoy many aspects of this mod. The AI, however, is not building Wonders. At all.

This is not on the World map. Prince difficulty. Planetgenerator.

It is 1000 AD and I just built Temple of Artemis because it was so cheap and no one else bothered to do it.

There are a few missing text and sound files here and there as well no big deal.

But the AI issue is big. Also, I've noticed AI isn't building hardly any town improvements either.

Going to try to reinstal the modpack though as see if that clears things up.

In my experience, AI builds wonders and improvements quite well. I'd check your CustomAssets if I were you, this might be some weird conflict.

Is there a way to help you to test it ?

The real thing is I can't wait anymore. :lol:

There always is. For years now, we've had SVN repository where everyone at any moment can check out the most recent build. Our forum has detailed instructions on how to use it. We're in a constant state of open beta - anyone can download the SVN version, and report his findings, as long as he remembers to indicate he wasn't playing the release, but a certain SVN revision.

There always is. For years now, we've had SVN repository where everyone at any moment can check out the most recent build. Our forum has detailed instructions on how to use it.

Could you give me a link to those instructions. I am lost among different forums and subforums. :blush:

Just a small issue I discovered in my last game: the sound in the wonder video of Gazprom (I think it's called) is all loud garbled static on my pc. Granted, I'm running the game on Wine in Linux, which may be the reason, however all other videos I've seen run fine. Could it be an issue with the sample rate of the sound?

Also, is there no alternative way to get aluminium? In my last game there was only a couple of sources of it, all far far away. I was the most advanced civ by a LONG way and so could not obtain alu, and could not build any rockets/missiles. I was still able to win a space race victory, though it would have been nice if I could have obtained alu from bauxite or something - maybe using a new building or wonder?

We will not be introducing new rules just for the sake of the World Map. It is just not interesting enough - our mod is not about the World Map, it's just a scenario.

That said, in the last test game I was running, Judaism and Christianity were founded in Jerusalem, and Hinduism in India (and IIRC Zoroastrianism in Persia).

:confused:Wow! Okay, then. I got the impression from reading your manual that the World Map was ideally suited to the concept of the mod, but maybe I misunderstood. I generally go for Judaism, and found it pretty easy to get it, but also noticed you had Israel represented on the map also. Kinda just put two and two together.

So far so good imo. It's a great mod. I especially like that there are revolting slaves, and the pandemic twist is also pretty neat. Very original. I will in the future, however, keep my ideas to myself.

Just a small issue I discovered in my last game: the sound in the wonder video of Gazprom (I think it's called) is all loud garbled static on my pc. Granted, I'm running the game on Wine in Linux, which may be the reason, however all other videos I've seen run fine. Could it be an issue with the sample rate of the sound?

Also, is there no alternative way to get aluminium? In my last game there was only a couple of sources of it, all far far away. I was the most advanced civ by a LONG way and so could not obtain alu, and could not build any rockets/missiles. I was still able to win a space race victory, though it would have been nice if I could have obtained alu from bauxite or something - maybe using a new building or wonder?

I will take a look at Gazprom video. I already fixed one with the same problem for 3.1, so this one may also be fixed.

I believe that aluminium spawning on the map is supposed to represent bauxites. And I can't really think of any alternative means for getting aluminium than mining and processing bauxite ore.

:confused:Wow! Okay, then. I got the impression from reading your manual that the World Map was ideally suited to the concept of the mod, but maybe I misunderstood. I generally go for Judaism, and found it pretty easy to get it, but also noticed you had Israel represented on the map also. Kinda just put two and two together.

So far so good imo. It's a great mod. I especially like that there are revolting slaves, and the pandemic twist is also pretty neat. Very original. I will in the future, however, keep my ideas to myself.

This particular idea has already been suggested - and refused - a small while ago.

While it is true that our World Map is made for our mod, it is not true that our mod is made for our World Map. For instance, as of 3.1, there'll be two new scenarios to go with it as well. More will most likely come later. Instead of introducing any map-specific rules, we try to create a product that will work well on random maps and can be used for many different scenarios.

"Instead of introducing any map-specific rules, we try to create a product that will work well on random maps and can be used for many different scenarios."

Right on. I'll have to download 3.1.

Recently, I started playing Civ4 again and I have been looking for a challenging mod... and I think I have found it. :D
No matter how I play, the AI overpowers me just like that.
Should I just improve my Civ4 skills, or there is a point in this mod that I don't get?
The main problem is I can't build more than 5-6 cities, if I try to build more - I slow down my research too much, or I end up with 0 gold...
Any tips will be welcomed, as I REALLY like this mod, I think it is very balanced.

Oh, and would removing the terrain graphics reducing the MAF's you get? If so, how can I remove them? (They are great, but I rather play without them than not play with them )

I believe that aluminium spawning on the map is supposed to represent bauxites. And I can't really think of any alternative means for getting aluminium than mining and processing bauxite ore.

You are probably correct, my knowledge is a little fuzzy in that area ;)
How about introducing some kind of composite material instead to replace it if you don't have aluminium? I'm thinking of some kind of carbonfibre or kevlar (could be produced by coal and oil?). As it is now, I can't build any rockets or missiles if I don't have alu, which seems to me a significant handicap. It wouldn't be much of a problem if it was more evenly distributed; on my map there were only 2 sources in all (normal fractal). Then again, I may just have been unlucky.

I forget if I asked this but is there anyway to tweak the font (Bold is easier to read) and background (opaque black) to make it easier to see for us low-vision folks?

I don't think there are any mod-specific ways. There must be some tweaks to Civ 4 in general that would be helpful to you.

You are probably correct, my knowledge is a little fuzzy in that area ;)
How about introducing some kind of composite material instead to replace it if you don't have aluminium? I'm thinking of some kind of carbonfibre or kevlar (could be produced by coal and oil?). As it is now, I can't build any rockets or missiles if I don't have alu, which seems to me a significant handicap. It wouldn't be much of a problem if it was more evenly distributed; on my map there were only 2 sources in all (normal fractal). Then again, I may just have been unlucky.

A composites plant actually sounds like a nice idea. I'll look into how we could nicely integrate it into the mod.

I can use Blue Marble for standard civ4 bts games but it doesn't work for the mod...

You can use BlueMarble's text settings with it: take a copy of the file "\Beyond the Sword\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm" when you've installed the settings you are content with, and place it to "\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Realism Invictus\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm". I think that should work.

Top Bottom