Really slow, windows refuses to help.

Soniku

Chieftain
Well, I have been haveing a bit of a slowdown problem where upon ending my turn the computer takes a minute or two getting back to me, meaning I spend more time waiting than playing.

Which isn't too fun.

I found that it was because Civ4 was put on very low priority, so I changed it to high. The problem didn't stop. Turns out whenever I go back to civ the priority is reset to very low.

Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone help at all? :cry:

I think it actually works like this: whenever a program has focus (is the active window), it's priority is rather high. As soon as you try to do something else (e.g., try to check what's the priority of civ4), another application (task manager or something) gains focus and becomes the high prio application.

Anyway, this does not really solve your problem. What kind of computer do you have? Have you installed the latest patch? Are you playing larger maps than what your computer can handle?

I haven't a clue what kind of computer I have :D

I do know it's much more powerful than is needed for the game and this slowdown is happening at small size, not the large maps. I am useing the latest patch (warlords, not vanilla).

I can run Oblivion at nearly maximum settings, I should be able to run Civ at the lowest! :crazyeye:

How much memory you have?

At least 1GB required to play warlords smoothly.

Regards,
Arto.

Top Bottom