1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Lighthearter, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayrad

Jayrad Warlord

I will Lead the Royal Nationalists. The military is prority and glorified heavily. Open borders are good because they give us $$ to streangthen the Military. Economic and Social Policies revolve around giving the public alot of freedom while keeping them loyal to the party.( Conquest or Domination Victory supported) military Technology should be prioritized. No religions favored

2. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

Well this seems intriuging even if it could get complicated quickly. I'd Like to join the Liberal Marxist Party.

-

Is there a limit on parties? or maybe a deadline? i say because i can see that Party spamming could become a big thing. (most people want to be the LEADER; easist way to do that is to found a party) Perhaps a time limit on parties in that if they don't have the required 3 members to fill the posts of the Leader, Military advisor and Domestic advisor then they can't run for Office election?

Just vauge wonderings as i've never seen this kind of thing before.

-

Also; could we get a summery on each of the Parties along with it's members? Like Below...

Parties

Green Party of England and Wales
    Left-Wing Extremist; Wants Victory via Diplo, Cultural or Space. supports legalisation of drugs, environmentalism, benefits for the poor, fair trade and is a major PACIFIST
    Founder: west india man
    Members: Deego3

Martial Nationalist Party
    Military Extremist; Only intrested in Victory via conquest or domination. Supports wars and nationalism, but will generally leave people's religon alone.
    Founder: danjuno
    Members: Conqueror500

Liberal Marxist Party
    Left-Wing Communism; is a supporter of state property and the freedoms of all people. War is only to liberate people. Supports all freedom based civics except free trade, instead the LM party favours state property. Also the party pursues a secretive policy over being entangled in alliances.
    Founder: lopaz
    Members: mechaerik & Ravus_Sol

Modernizational Party
    Athiest Technocracy; Support the advance of technology above all else. Production/Military are used to advance science. The people are second in importance. All men are not created equal but all advance the discovery of knowledge and the people and the Empire must be supported (Via merchantilism/SP + Representation + caste system + No Religion).
    Hates civilization that use Slavery/Serfdom + Free Markets and Emancipation.

Founder: SanePerson
    Members: No One Yet

Consortium of Cashkent
    Right-Wing Capitalist: Money and exotic resources are the most important thing to create happiness in the Empire. We support creating overseas colonies, and vassal-izing them so we can trade our resources for their $$. We try to avoid war as much as possible. War is Profitable but becomes less profitable the closer you are to the fighting. (Supports Free-Market to near Religious levels)
    Founder: Chihuahuaking

Royal Nationalists
    Left-Wing Military Royalist: The military is prority and glorified heavily. Supports Victory Via Conq/Dom. Military is for Defense first, peace allows open borders. Economic and Social Policies revolve around giving the public alot of freedom while keeping them loyal to the party.
    Founder: Jayrad

3. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

Ravus_Sol - There is a cap of 10 parties, and only the ones that are formed BEFORE the elections kick off can participate in those elections. So far, everyone is applicable. And yes, that is true about parties needing at least 3 cabinet ministers. This is where coalitions come in. Two like-minded parties can, preferably by PM between the leaders, agree to form a coalition, in which case they must announce it on the thread, and any votes for either party go into the coalition tally. The winning coalition must choose from its combined ranks the cabinet of the nation at that point.

And as for the summaries - the civics aren't really what RP is about. I can post their general ideological views, but the Civics will come up as specific issues to be dealt with when necessary. Or the ruler can change them of his own accord.

And all victories will be allowed - it's up to the rulers to choose what they strive for;)

The game can't start until I patch, but there are a few basic things that I can post based on my knowledge of how Continents maps look.

Issues:

Britannia, Rule the Waves? -
    Far beyond the beaches and other shores that Britons have long laid claim to, a vast ocean beckons. Some of the wise elders proclaim that it is the destiny of our nation to claim those waters and emerge an invincible maritime power - but other respected elders say that our fate lies not at sea, but on land. Should we develop and settle deep inland, or should we turn to the embrace of the sea and seek faraway lands to colonize in the name of Britain?

Isolation VS Settlement: -
    Long have the men and women of the United Kingdom resided in our admittedly small ancestral lands - recently some of the people have begun to suggest that we outfit parties of settlers to explore, claim, and tame the wilds. However, the traditionalists warn that the Nature Spirits might not take kindly to such action. What do we choose?

You are free to debate - I will follow the majority consensus once BTS is patched and the AAR really begins.:D

- Lighthearter

4. Vylinius

Vylinius College Student

I do not represent my entire party but I hope they agree with me that we should settle by the sea so that the oceans of our world may belong to us and us alone! We should settle and expand for the good of our children and their children we should exploit the resources around us as best we can. We must expand or else we will be gobbled up by those that expand. With more land there is more freedom, more work, and more power for the nation and its people.

5. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

I agree with lopaz. We must settle by the sea, so we can expand and so that all the world shall fly our flag.

6. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

Issues: Basically agree with Leader Lopaz
    "Rule Brittania. Brittania rules the waves!"
    nuff said.

The Liberal Marxist party believes that the land belongs to the state, thus it's not up to the people on when to settle. As if they do go and claim land then it just becomes part of the English Empire.
    Scout first to secure the best land. Begining expansion burst only needs 3 cities but you can't judge how big your empire should be untill you can compare yourself to the other civilizations. Exploration followed by foreign intelligence gathering should give an idea on how many cities will be needed.

@ Lighthearter
    Thanks for the clarification on the party actions. I understand now why you were pushing the Coalition idea. That will be powerful. 10 Cap for parties seems good, it allows the major parties to stick around and new ones to appear.

7. Conqueror500

Conqueror500 Chieftain

I'm not the leader of my party but I think we should settle coastal and inland if we have no room to expand coastal.
    Land = power and wealth.

8. Jayrad

Jayrad Warlord

The Navy isn't as important now but sttling and meeting other nations is because the earlier we meet them the longer we can keep them in check whereas the navy won't be needed until we are a major power.
    p.s how many opponents are you planning to have.

9. Lighthearter

I just updated the Opposition post - take a look at what the opposition can do and the rules governing those actions.:D

- Lighthearter

10. west india man

west india man Immortal

Britannia shall rule the waves (But no dumping waste there please!!!), and should REX to make the most of the worlds resources, but without endangering anything.

11. Lighthearter

Mmmhhh - about 7-9, I believe. Unless the consensus is in favor of us playing the Earth 18 Civs scenario - then it would be . . . 17 rivals, obviously.:rolleyes:

- Lighthearter

12. west india man

west india man Immortal

Well, Earth 18 Civs would guarantee having to ruling the waves! :D

13. SanePerson

SanePerson Warlord

The sea shall provide us with both food and endless commerce from trade to fuel our economy. Our party supports ruling the waves.

We know that the land of the wilderness hides valuable treasure, food, and goods for a civilization. We will seek to claim these.

Our party's vision has changed, due to the fact that it's leader was not thinking clearly while writing the policy.

This is our new policy:

I will lead the Modernizational party. We support the advance of technology above all else (in other words, we prioritize GP farms and commerce locations and want lots of libraries and such). We also support production and military if it is necessary, will advance science, and will require minimal effort (so we can attack someone with good land who has a power rating below ours). The people are our second priority, and we will support the rights of people of other nations as well. We support a mercantile or state owned economy (favor merchantilism/SP). We will rule with the support of the people(we must switch to representation once it becomes available and cannot adopt another gov. civic other than US). We want a strong national identity unless it will impede progress (favor nationhood or FS if the economic bonus is sizeable). We believe that not all are created with equal ability, but that they may have equal opportunity. Slavery is looked down upon but seen as sometimes necessary (favor caste system or emancipation, disfavor slavery). We believe science disproves the existence of God and will not adopt a state religion, although we may use it to further our ends (religious civics can be adopted, but we will stay out of religious blocs... unless we capture the Minaret or the UoS. If we are in an area dominated by people of one religion, we will adopt it for self-preservation). We will support any nation that favor their people(once in rep., we will show favor to those in rep.). We also believe autocracy is an evil concept (we cannot refuse a DOW on a police state or monarchy AFTER that nation has another choice besides it (excluding the first civic).

Yes, my original idea was a bit stupid (seriously, who wants to stick with those kinds of civics forever?). However, I wrote it at about 10:30 PM, so I have license to be stupid!

When I say that I will favor a certain a certain civic, I mean that if we believe our current civics are not working, these will be the civics we will want to switch to. If we are getting a very good benefit from slavery, we will stay there, but if not, we will switch. Our autocracy policy is basically the USA policy (we will fight to liberate the oppressed, and if we gain a benefit from it (like oil :mischief:) that is an extra plus). And yes, I am American.

So our policy is :science: :hammers: :) :pat: :commerce:!

14. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Oh wow, I love the opposition options, especially Armed Revolution. Almost makes me wish the Liberal Maxist Party wasn't the largest party.

About Earth18:
    You could also try The_J's startingpoints mod. It basically makes it so you can fight random opponents on world maps, and you'll always start in a historical location.

15. Lighthearter

mechaerik - That your is the largest party doesn't necessarily translate to an easy victory - a well-built coalition has every chance to overthrow you, and there's still the lurkers to consider;)

And I think I like your plan - let's put it to a vote. Yea or nay on the Earth map?

I hereby vote yea.

- Lighthearter

16. Jayrad

Jayrad Warlord

I vote yes to on the earth map

17. Conqueror500

Conqueror500 Chieftain

I vote yes

18. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

I will lead the Educated Party(or is it too late?). We support tech, culture, and education over all else, and we can only win by space or culture, and refuse barbaric wins such as conquest, domination, diplo, and time.The Party welcomes EVERYONE, and is open to coalitions. The Party's stance on military is that is just another tool to be used to achieve further culture and tech, but would prefer not to war. We shall rule the world with our education and our tech. Let them quake in fear of our Galleons and Redcoats, as their brute axemen shiver in fear. RISE, Britian! RISE from a deep sleep, and RULE the SEA, the LAND, and the AIR!

Questions: Does the "leader" get the turn, and play the turn, sort of like a SG? Are we playing with BTS 3.19 WITHOUT BUFFY?Most important of all is it too late for me to join?

I note NAY on the mods. The Party can not deal with such things as mods!

TBH, I'm fine with whatever, but would prefer no mod.

19. Cull

Cull Big Daddy

I represent my dear party when I say this. This is UTTERLY wrong, my dear sir. We must seize the land around us, or our neighbors, who, at worst, are filthy barbarian scum, and, at best, are barely dignified to wash the mud off our countrymen shoes. Will Britain's children cry out in fear every time they leave the city? NO, not if we get the land around us, and seize it, and become strong.

And what say you if your ships would sail, and they would find nothing better than the land around us? Or if the islands are WORSE than the homeland? And besides, the maintenance cost, the military support, even the time it takes to arrive there by boat makes it a fool's venture.

I rest my case.

20. west india man

west india man Immortal

I vote YAY on the mod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.