Rebellion Agaist The Triad!!!

Should the Triad stay in power?

• Yes

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a numbers game, and I am starting to think that this may be a large reason for the relative lack of activity lately. The Triad is the only force that can take the Triad down. They are over 50% of the active rolls and as long as they remain loyal, they are unbeatable in any election format, unless coallitions of this size are outlawed...which is remarkably undemocratic, lol...We could try to restrict the size of factions but that too would not necessarily solve the problem.

What to do...45% wants a revolution, 55% are in the PF coallition that apparently wants to stick together...deadlock.

A rule change proposal for after this term could force a rebellion when ever at least 40% of the population wants one, say at the confedence vote (mid-term)?

As we get more civics, more options will be unlocked and the triad will become obsolete. Coalitions like the Triad never last forever...

Also the triad has threew groups whose goals will not always be commen, so when things diverge then other factions can try to pull parts of the triad away. I also expect a major resuffling when we get more civic options.

I hope people do not continue along lines made at the start of the game. I would love to see members of the tribal and the other factions become parts of ruling factions in the future and ruling members diposed. That would be much more fun than one group ruling thisgs all the way through

I totally agree with Blastoid, this is also what I like about Civ games: The shifting of powers between nations. (not that this always happens in my games, unfortunately).

This poll has really gone a long way in two days. One day one everyone was frustrated and angry about a rebellion, now everyone has cooled down alot.

As I see it, ther is a 20% chance the rebellion will succeed, and a 90% chance that in a week or two there will be another rebellion if this one fails.(Probably not started by me)

In a week or two there will be a scheduled PF election Vandal Warlord ;) .

I think you rebels should wait till the next election on may 5th, i know you can't accept majority rule, but we have turnsets to finish

I agree with Ballazic. I'm in favour of the coming elections. The turnsets, when finished, will increase our power greatly. If we stop, the Triad's goal of three cities (a very good plan) will probably be stopped. The rebellion is, in the end, simply a way to get power. If you wait, the game will be well developed to give even more power.

Of course, you might want to take over now, and continue their plan, but it will make the Rebellion pointless. I'm in favour of waiting for the election, unless the Rebel's patform is amazing.

I voted for removal also, i have little faith in the ruling coalition whilst their PR abilities leave little to be desired.

The Triad's 3 cities have been founded. I'm not sure I agree with one of the positions, but I guess it's for the responsible faction to make their own choices. They have also reached their minimum 50 turns. Technically the upcoming session doesn't need to be done under Triad rule, though it might be more efficient to do the planning and the session concurrently.

No need to wait till the 5th for a PF election, we actually have more than enough time to poll on the traditional DG schedule.

As I see it, ther is a 20% chance the rebellion will succeed, and a 90% chance that in a week or two there will be another rebellion if this one fails.(Probably not started by me)

The succes of a rebellion has nothing to do with chance. It's not like people are going to roll a dice to decide on what to vote. :lol:

Well, I suggest we all post Prime Faction Platforms within Friday evening, debate them in the weekend, allow NZL to do his last playsession (his first actually), then post elections on Monday, that is the most tidy way to do it.

I know Triad is unpopular among some Civ3 demogame experts, judging from posts and demographics, but that's also a healthy sign, that new players are interested and not yet scared away by the ancient codes, abbreviations, references, ingrained opinions and habits shaped by some more traditionally oriented demogame players. Renewal and modernization is also a must when we talk about the novel Civ4 BTS game.

I also see that we got a few "bosses" around that says the Triad players are doing stupid and unnecessary things, and be sure that the whole lot of these would love to run the game alone unchallenged, or make us pray to them for counsel for survival.

I am not even calling the shots here, but happy the game is vibrant and dynamic.

I am sorry the Triad is in power, but it is something that will remain until we got more interesting opposition factions with more soul, more respect and dedication for roleplay (not just the lip-service that they wont "try to get in the way") and a different take on it. Otherwise we could always all join some succession game.

I would not say that the rebellion has failed Vandal. The way the Triad rules has changed a lot, and the discussion and RP involved has re-energised the game. I would say your rebellion has been very successful, even if not how you thought it would

Top Bottom