Reef

Requested by El Justo

This is just using the sea portions of the wCSO file, no wSSS tiles used in this preview.

Using the wCSO for the LwCSO will give these results.

I think I will use this as standard terrain in my regular random game as this is a sample of a random map.

I may extend a bit into the ocean tiles as it is the same file and I would only do a bit of the ocean tiles. I will abandon the other file that I posted and continue in this vein.

File Updated July 2, 2012

Attachments

• DOUBLE REEF.zip
    239.4 KB · Views: 303
Requested by El Justo

This is just using the sea portions of the wCSO file, no wSSS tiles used in this preview.

Using the wCSO for the LwCSO will give these results.

I think I will use this as standard terrain in my regular random game as this is a sample of a random map.

I may extend a bit into the ocean tiles as it is the same file and I would only do a bit of the ocean tiles. I will abandon the other file that I posted and continue in this vein.
:love: Ohhhhhhhh…

Humm, if u add some colour variation and cluster some corals together it would look even better...

Spoiler :

I guess I wasn't making a coral reef, I was making rocky reefs.

Even if it was coral reef, I don't think there would be that much colour anyway, because it is underwater and the palette I'm using wouldn't really support it anyways.

Another challenge is trying to get the tiles to connect, it is much easier and more random looking using these current reefs.

I will hopefully be able to make something to your suggestion in the future.

i won't hen-peck over the colors etc. main thing for me is to have it mesh well (and to sort of stand out or for our eyeballs to almost instantly recognize that it is impassable) and for the tiles to meet together in an aesthetically pleasing junction :) if that makes sense :crazyeye: perhaps Pounder could post his current version and i will plug it in and see how it looks.

i won't hen-peck over the colors etc. main thing for me is to have it mesh well (and to sort of stand out or for our eyeballs to almost instantly recognize that it is impassable) and for the tiles to meet together in an aesthetically pleasing junction :) if that makes sense :crazyeye: perhaps Pounder could post his current version and i will plug it in and see how it looks.

Done, new file loaded into post #121.

Hmmm, just at the top of this page! I have a warm, cuddly feeling about this.

thanks for the upload :) i think it looks nice, typical Pounder Quality :hatsoff:

however, the reefs are appearing in almost every direction. is there a way to isolate the gfx solely to the actual Great Barrier Reef? or at least cut back on the occurrences of them?

Attachments

• reef v2.jpg
    reef v2.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 260
thanks for the upload :) i think it looks nice, typical Pounder Quality :hatsoff:

however, the reefs are appearing in almost every direction. is there a way to isolate the gfx solely to the actual Great Barrier Reef? or at least cut back on the occurrences of them?

Yes, rename the file LwCSO and it will be part of the landmark sea in the editor. Both the LwSSS and the LwCSO make up the landmark sea in the editor.

Looks great with that aquarelle terrain too.

Top Bottom