Reforestation

FramedArchitect

Reluctant Modder
Allows workers to plant forests on Plains, Grassland, Tundra and Snow tiles once Fertilizer is discovered. Workers can also plant forests on un-owned tiles outside your borders. Reforestation replaces existing improvements and features, and has a small chance to reveal a forest type resource.

Download
Reforestation (v.8)

Compatibility
* Vanilla; Gods and Kings; Brave New World
* Any mod, as long as it includes the Fertilizer Technology.

Supported Languages English, German and French

Troubleshooting
Newly re-forested tiles may not display on map until the following turn. To immediately refresh the map, toggle to the Strategic View and back to Map View.

Hey I really like your mods, but i havn't been able to play reforestation 7 because I can't download it. If you have it and could upload it that would be awesome!

Hey I really like your mods, but i havn't been able to play reforestation 7 because I can't download it. If you have it and could upload it that would be awesome!

Hi, maybe there is some issue with the mod on steam workshop... Here is a quick workaround to let you continue to play your game. I wouldn't recommand to use the reforestation feature tho until it's resolved.

Download the mod v6 with the link above, extract the civ5mod file in "C:\Users\YOU\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\reforestation (v 6 temp)" using 7-zip. Open the file "Reforestation (v 6).modinfo" in notepad, on the second line, change version from 6 to 7 and save the file. Use this custom mod until the mod come back online then delete it.

Is there a version of this mod that also works for Jungles?

Also, can I place another improvement on these tiles like I can on normal forests/jungles? (Trading posts etc.)

P.S.:
Wouldn't it make more sense to call the mod fertilization and giving it a sequencial improvement chain?

Like, Snow>Tundra>Plains>Grassland>Forest>Jungle.
And Desert>Plains>Grassland>Forest>Jungle
I think that would balance it for multiplayer, since it would take a lot of time to make a jungle tile from a Tundra tile, but much less if there already is forest.

Is there a version of this mod that also works for Jungles?

Also, can I place another improvement on these tiles like I can on normal forests/jungles? (Trading posts etc.)

P.S.:
Wouldn't it make more sense to call the mod fertilization and giving it a sequencial improvement chain?

Like, Snow>Tundra>Plains>Grassland>Forest>Jungle.
And Desert>Plains>Grassland>Forest>Jungle
I think that would balance it for multiplayer, since it would take a lot of time to make a jungle tile from a Tundra tile, but much less if there already is forest.

I adjusted this mod a bit in my multiplayer modpack (forest takes longer to be build, because otherwise it would be too easy to build and chop it to gain production + you have a chance of finding a luxury each time, which is too heavy, if it does not take long time to build)

I also thought about add jungle to it. But Jungle tiles are too strong, if you have a university and maybe the pantheon that gives + culture to them. That's why I did not add it.

Yes, the forest should act like a normal forest.

The other thing you suggested "Snow>Tundra>Plains>Grassland>Forest>Jungle." sounds interesting... But I think it would be too much power for players.
I would not call it balanced, if every player can choose all terrain types. So it would be funny, but not good to use it in real games.

This is a pretty obnoxious mod for obvious reasons related to the fertiliser requirement. I think it should be a default ability near the start. I suppose it's easily changed.

This is a pretty obnoxious mod for obvious reasons related to the fertiliser requirement. I think it should be a default ability near the start. I suppose it's easily changed.

Saying it obnoxious is kinda derogatory. I think the mod represent mass reforestation.

Can AI Civs' workers plant forests, too?

Top Bottom