[RELEASE] Events with Images! (Now with the source code!)

renegadechicken

Warlord
UPDATE: That's right, fellow modders, events are now able to have images to go along with them! A picture is worth a thousand words, so here it is:

Spoiler :

Excited about the possibilities here? Good! But first, credit for this amazing feet must be given to the incredible modder who did it all: EmperorFool (known for his work on the BUG mod). Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Willem who gave me the idea of adding images to the event popups in the first place! So a huge thanks goes out to both of you! :)

Here is the download for casual modders (does NOT include the source code):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11938

Link for experienced modders (includes source code):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11942

And if you're excited about events having images, post away so this thread stays where modders might see it! :)

Would be cool :).

I would help, if i would know enough about the SDK (Software Development Kit ;)).

I would help, if i would know enough about the SDK (Software Development Kit ;)).

:lol: So that's what it stand for! Now I know. :)

Glad there's at least one person excited about this!

Sounds great! This looks like something that could be useful in World of Legends...

It's here, folks!! Now you can add images to any event you want, including the ones in "Vanilla" BTS. Note, however, that this has only been tested on 3.17, so it may not work on previous versions.

Do you think it'd be easy to code this to also, say, play some special sound besides just displaying an image?

Do you think it'd be easy to code this to also, say, play some special sound besides just displaying an image?

I'd imagine so; now that this code is in place, one could just copy and adjust it to have it include a sound as well. However, I know nothing about SDK, which is where this was modded, so I don't know how hard it would be (or even if it's possible, to be perfectly honest). Good idea though-- I know I'd like to add sounds! :)

:clap: Good job :clap:

Glad that you figured it out. It'll add some flavor.

Looks cool, it will definitely add more "feel" to the game.

Top Bottom