1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by raystuttgart, Dec 13, 2011.

1. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@Mehahe

Feel free to ajdust the minimal city distance. If you play with the default DLL (2-plot radius), you can simply replace 3 with 2, like in the example below . These settings are found in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml in the Assets\XML folder
    Code:
    <Define>
    <DefineName>MIN_CITY_RANGE_TWO_PLOT</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal> (Note: default is 3)
    </Define>
    <Define>
    <DefineName>MIN_CITY_RANGE</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

I actually play with a minimum distance of 2 myself :p

As for the longish list of players, I agree that it's annoying so I've implemented a scollable list. I haven't had the time to polish it and publish it yet though (I would like to add a filter to hide players that are uninteresting). I think this would clear up quite a bit of the clutter (even worse when playing huge maps at low resolution since so much screen real estate is wasted)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

So if I make this change can my cities be closer and still have the large cross of harvest or does it make it back to the 9 tiles around and cities can be built right next to each grid

3. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@Mehahe : The former, you keep the large cross regardless of minimum city distance as long as you keep using the 2-radius DLL.

4. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

So the only change I make is the 3-2 ?

5. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

I have an idea why not make it when you meet other colonists you meet the king of that country too it'll keep it realistic and help clean up the diplomacy screen until you meet every colony (which hasn't happened to me I've only met about 3)---your New England you know your king and the church you meet the colony for France then you meet king of France and etc

6. devolution

devolution Chieftain

The problem with players requesting ever-more features is that the project is already rather understaffed (in particular with regard to programmers). We'd need experienced C++ programmers that don't mind devoting a significant amount of their leisure time to this project. Predictably, such personnel are hard to find :crazyeye: They are also difficult to find IRL even when they're paid fairly well and get nice offices (I know this since we're attempting to recruit comptetent programmers where I work and they're a rare breed indeed :shifty:)
    The chance that someone will step up to join the (post RaR 2.7) efforts are fairly slim, but if someone does show up, l'll happily welcome them into the fold :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  7. R_TEAM

R_TEAM Chieftain

Hi,

have now played with the New 2.7 in multiplayer ...
    Still DeSyncs - but not frequently ...
    Have attached an save file as an DeSync happen
    Only change on the mod i have maked :
    EUROPE_MARKET_CORRELATION_PERCENT changed from "0" to "25"

It looks the Desync happen after an player get an "versklavten Ureinwohner" (dont know the english translation ingame ..) , as after reload of all player to the host, the game runs without desync, but the unit have dissapeared from the player ... so we think this have an relation with the DeSync ...

Regards

Attached Files:

8. Renera

Renera Chieftain

Good Evening Folks,

I noticed that the Values for Minimum and Maximum Goods in the Import/Export section are change to each other when i close the Import (or Export) Tab. Play on Version 2.7 of this really beautiful Mod.
    I think this topic was treated because swapped import / export limit parameters are fixed in Version 2.7
    Unfortunately I haven't found anything about this Error anywhere so I don't know what I've done wrong.
    Anyway, I feel really pleased about this outstanding modification and want to thank all the Developers of RaR for the hours of fun that they have brought to us.

Good Night Folks,

Renera

Attached Files:

9. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

Just an idea for Russia

Change their priests to reflect them being Greek Orthodox for religion (if they were orthodox at this point, my Russian history isn't great:p)

10. Randomsheep

Randomsheep Chieftain

Hey, just wanted to ask if the current version available for download has the new dll to address the bug regarding escalating cities getting taken over?

Or is a better fix still being worked on?

Thanks

11. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

The current download does not contain the fix.

We are working on that issue but I assume it will take time...

12. TheIanOakley

TheIanOakley Bugged

Cabinetmakers in Europe seem to all be children if the model sizes are anything to go by.

13. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Thanks, size has been amended.

14. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

Hey all just a few ideas to make the colonies more unique

Unique Units
    New England
    -colonial militia
    that get a bonus withdrawal chance (as the Americans had to retreat a few times during that pesky war of independence :D)

New France
    -Courer De Bois
    Unit that gets a bonus in forest and maybe somehow a involvement in trade ----search it up quite interesting history
    Edit-maybe give the courer a trade slot as it'll encourage over land trading and bears its historical background

New Portugal
    -Cazadores
    A unit that gets a bonus against gunpowder units maybe

New Russia
    -Cossacks
    Mounted gun unit that is more mobile and has a better withdrawal chance?

New Spain
    -Conquistadors
    Already have them so idk what to do for Spain honestly :D
    Edit-Add Tercio (unique spanish gunman that requires less guns or maybe starts with a free veteran upgrade idk)

New Sweden
    -Hakkapelita(dunno about spelling) bonus defense in snow or city maybe?

New Denmark
    -(maybe add a unique medic as very Dain I meet is super friendly and helpful:D)

New Netherlands
    -(maybe a unique building that improves tavern and market yield ?)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  15. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

Idea for a "promotion" Supply Line ----- as your unit move further away from a city from a 5 tile radius perhaps it'll start to take damage unless it's a ship
    And another promotion
    Self Reliant cancels the effect of supply line so that it doesn't affect the unit with the promotion

16. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

Just a quick question totally my opinion but why can't converted natives be armed with guns it doesn't make sense to say (in my one game) play as France and put missions in every native base and have hundreds of natives that won't fight for me :d that instantly die when attacked by any unit with a weapon

17. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Generally a nice idea, but we already have so many units in the game...So I do currently not intend to add more military units or unique buildings.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  18. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

Not intended. We discussed supply ideas in the past. It has to be considered that a new feature must be used by the AI as well. I don't like features which the AI cannot use and therefore would need to cheat in order to handle a feature implemented for the player. When supply comes up, it will not be done via the promotion system.

19. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Chieftain

This is an interesting question. We will analyse this idea from a more general perspective.

20. Mehahe

Mehahe Chieftain

Was just an idea cause besides leaders the colonies don't feel so unique