Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Religion and Revolution' started by Robert Surcouf, Sep 5, 2011.
This current activity is Good News!
Will be watching for it.
Great to hear! Since I'm now able to compile the DLL there are new great opportunities for the implementation of new features. I will post the new (developping) changelog here shortly.
@Schmiddie + @Nightinggale
Great to see, that you are modding RaR again.
I do wish you guys a lot of fun.
Yea, I second that - great so see you're still alive, fellows!
Merge your modding power and the force will be with you!
The changelog still grows...some small and some bigger features have been implemented so far:
Religion and Revolution: Version 2.5 // Changelog
Units & Professions:
- specialist unit helebardier: unit deleted
- specialist unit townguard: unit deleted
- profession helebardier: deleted
- profession town guard: deleted
- Promotion "Promotion Homeland Guard 1-3" implemented ((new tag "<iDomesticBonus>0</iDomesticBonus>")
- Correspoding "Domestic Defense Bonus" for units added (new tag "<iDomesticBonus>0</iDomesticBonus>")
- city graphic portugal early: updated
- improvement farm: graphics modified
- specialist butcher: unit graphic modified
- unit graphic settler militia modified
- unit graphic african slave modified
- unit graphic settler modified (female settler added)
- ingame map graphic slightly modified
- Amendment of the appearance of a lot of founding fathers to a more reasonable order considering the requirements of the early, mid and late game
Traits (some changes have been adopted from angant86's mod)
- New Civilization Trait "Agricultural" for Sweden (Swedish civilization trait changed from Forresters to Agricultural):
->+10% Food production in all settlements
->-10% Food required for population growth
- New Civilization Trait "Imperialist" for Russia (Russian civilization trait changed from Hunt tradition to Imperialist):
Imperialist (Russian civilization trait)
-> Free promotion: Homeland Guard I (+15% Combat Strength inside your Cultural Borders)
-> -25% Culture required for Territorial Expansion
The traits of Sweden and Russia have been changed to focuss a bit more on majaor aspects of the game.
- Amendment Trait "Undemanding": Food bonus no longer fixed at 2 for each settlement. It now scales with the bell-producing building that is present in the city (1 Food per Basecamp, 2 per Village Hall, etc.)
- General balancing and amendments of traits for the other European nations and overhaul of the traits for the native nations considering their diversity, historic situation, behaviour and - of course - the game Balance. => puh, this was time consuming...
- units: terrain boni and mali: decreased
- units: combat strength of all units modified
- AIWeight for some buildings modified (AI now handles buildings more effectively and produces weapons)
- some small balancing changes
Features and Bugfixes imported from RaR Extended (Nightinggale's mod):
- added yield change preview when mouse hovering pioneers change terrain buttons (drain marsh)
- added yield change preview when mouse hovering pioneers change feature buttons (plant forest)
- Crash when AI investigated building settlements on the edge of the map when the "Reduced colony distance" game option was on
- Autoexport wasn't saved correctly
- Freeze when an AI transport tried to load a yield, which was required by the building currently under construction
Features: (all done by Nightinggale)
- added ability to switch between 1 and 2 plot radius for colony catchment area (change of CvGameCoreDLL.dll required in the file directory of the mod)
- feeder service threshold change to supply construction
- import/export window now has buttons to set and clear multiple yields with one click (like clear all)
- autoexport to turn off export when there is nothing to export (no real gameplay change, but should prevent a late game slowdown)
- export threshold is no longer capped at 8 bit/255 (wladyslaw17)
- barbarian pirates now only spawn in areas with access to Europe (wladyslaw17)
- fixed issue where the feature had to be removed to allow building certain improvements, such as vineyards (Nightinggale)
- fixed broken hotkeys due to command order (ray)
Has anyone considered multiple production per turn, like in some Civ4 mods?For example if cost is of unit is 100 and production rate is 200, then it should manufacture 2 units.
I found an interesting Feature that allows to disable a profession for Units: The modcomp is from Kailric:
I toyed with the idea of implementing a military profession (line infantry) that cannot be bought or recruited in Europe but can only be used in the New World. However, I had the problem that one cannot disable a profession only in Europe whereas it can be exercised in the new world. Due to searching in the forum I found this interesting Feature. It is not what I expected but it can be used for completely disabling a profession for a unit. E.g. in case you want that a colonist shall not exercise the profession of a statesman - tadaaa, this is your feature.
Just started playing the game again after a long time. FANTASTIC TO SEE that you're doing more work on it. Will have to download and check it out.
Is the import/export feature currently working? Using 2.5, hitting "import all" or "export all" doesn't do anything (like check any boxes and such). Anyone else having issues with this?
I noticed you have changed some Founding Fathers. Haven't had the time to check it out.
In earlier versions most FFs (or rather their bonuses) seem to be placed arbitrarily in the timeline.
Maybe that has changed now although I believe it to be an almost impossible task with all the different game options.
Anyway, I usually end up with more or less the same FFs at the end of a game which gets a bit boring.
I always thought it would be a good idea to randomly distribute the FFs to the various slots within their 'profession' (as in Exploration, Religion asf).
I mean to leave the point values for the 1st, 2nd ... FF as they are, but remix the Exploration FFs anew on every start of a new game.
One could also think about making two groups of FFs (early and late) for each 'profession' if there are some that need be acquired early (Malinche comes to mind) or late (e.g. the FF that gives a lot of units).
I think that should be rather easy to implement and would improve replayability a lot.
First, I'd like to tell the RaR team how much I appreciate their work, and I'm amazed that some of them are still working on the mod. Good job! You've changed a mediocre Civ4 mod into perhaps my favourite 'builder' game ever!
Now that I've properly paid my respects, time for a question/request. Does anyone else find it annoying that animals can spawn pretty much at will near your colonies? I have to hunt them all down every turn (can live with that, free XP as well), and reassign the poor peasants that the wolves chased into a church or whatever. Automation alleviates this a bit, but automation is a bad idea in general, and you still end up with your valuable-wood-cutters reverting to plain timber or somesuch.
The best solution would be to turn animals into proper barbarians: they can spawn only in FoW and do whatever they like when I'm not seeing them. But they should not appear out of thin air in the middle of my territory, and then be killed or teleport out again.
Any comments or thoughts about that? This is about the only major gripe I have with the otherwise amazing mod.
Sorry about my english!
First great work with Religion and Revolution 2.5 and I still love it but ...
Here is a save with a problem. If I want to reach the next turn the game stop working. I have to close the hole game and to restart the mod if I want to try it again. So I tryed to load the mod again and again but I can´t reach the next round. It´s the same for me if I use the automatic save ore my own made save. It is reproducible.
Is there any chance for help with this?
I upload the save. Please could anyone try to reach the next round with it and maybee post the result here, ore someone could find out what´s the problem with the save?
The bug is noticed, but I'm currently not able to solve the problem.
Ok an Thx Schmiddie
The bug has been fixed by Nightinggale yesterday. The next update (presumably 2.5.1) will contain the fix.
I would be happy to hear from you all what you think about the amended strengths of the military units. I have not tested this amendments extensive and would like to understand if the values make sense or need to be re-balanced.
After a completed single player game (level: revolutionist) in my opinion the balancing of the military units seems to be ok, especially the kings units.
In former versions it was sometimes just a "klicking through", now it´s more challenging and you need a lil' bit more tactic, until your units have a higher promotion.
What about the promotion for the unit "european line-infantry"?
The new unit european line-infantry normally should have several promotions, but there is any.
This unit is not able to earn some. In Version R&R 2.5 the level of expirience is at 5/2 and no promotion happened.
Is that fixed, too?
Yes, that has been fixed, too.
I tried to adopt this mod: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/captured-city-art-mod.443965/https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/captured-city-art-mod.443965/
City Arts can relate to highest culture of the city or founder - but do not need to change to conqueror. Hm, seems to be simple, since only a few changes required. Nevertheless it does not work.
Separate names with a comma.