Religion civic

cypher132

Emperor
I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, but the Religion civic can be incredibly powerful is used right. I have a size 34 capital city because I have the Religion civic and temples of all the religions that have temples. Insanely productive, my research is through the roof. This might just be a stupid post, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that or if they use a different strategy?

I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, but the Religion civic can be incredibly powerful is used right. I have a size 34 capital city because I have the Religion civic and temples of all the religions that have temples. Insanely productive, my research is through the roof. This might just be a stupid post, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that or if they use a different strategy?

You're correct, but I find missionary spreading too obnoxious to be able to pursue the power of the civic to its fullest extent. I also hate when I discover a religious tech and my initial missionary fails--what do I do then?

For absurdly large cities, I prefer Order and the Social Order civic, or the Unyielding Order spell.

If I'm elves, the Guardian of Nature civic usually adds ~15 happiness to all my cities, or if I actively grow forests up to 20. That's more than enough, so no need for Religion there. Balserphs have no need for it either, just join the Undercouncil, buy a bunch of slaves, and construct all the slave pens. For other civilizations, it really depends on the situation. Yeah, the happiness is nice, but it takes a lot of research to get all those religions, and a lot of production to spread them around. That could have all gone into more useful things.

Well, I was the Amurites when I was doing it and I had open borders with several civs. They spread their religions to me constantly. Since I was a production powerhouse at the time and I had conquered most of the northern area, I just spread the religions around. It was smooth sailing from there.

Top Bottom