religions

Grimus

I
Anybody else really like the idea that now you can choose which religion you want to found when you're the first to research each of the required techs?

They're all the same anyway pretty much... it'll add more variety to the game instead of always seeing hinduism/buddhism/judaism as the major religions all over.

Sure, it may not be historically accurate, but it makes the game more enjoyable - for myself anyway. :goodjob:

Now if only we could change the obnoxiously loud "chants" whenever a religion is spread to a city to some type of simple, generic sound, it would be great!

EDIT: I'm sure the corporations will have some kind of generic sound when they're spread throughout cities... probably something like "cha-ching!".

Only thing I won't like about it is you won't know when people have discovered Theology for example - that would be christianity in WL.

Now, keep count of founded religions I suppose!

I do like this idea. I am tried of these Hindu-Judae-Buddhist words.

Although Christianity 1000's of years before Christ 'appeared'?

Seems a bit Irish to me!

I don't really care. It does take away from the actual progression of religions (Judaism->Christianity->Islam), but that doesn't matter. If it maybe will stop people complaining because "I'm playing America and I'm Islam conquering a Christian Ottoman Empire."

I could really care less, but if I don't have to read anymore of those complaints I'll be happy.

The only difference between the various religions I can think of is the resource that gives 100% bonus to their version of the cathedral and that reduces the basic 300 hammer cost a lot. So when you found your religions just check which resources you have from stone/ marble/ copper.

I love it. Although I know that there are no unique benefits to each religion, I just felt like it was a letdown when my Roman cities were building East Asian stupas. I also agree with Grimus: there are some chants that I love, and some that annoy me. Now I can pick the religion that please me aesthetically. Isn't that how we choose our religions in the real world anyway? ;)

If it maybe will stop people complaining because "I'm playing America and I'm Islam conquering a Christian Ottoman Empire."

I just dusted off WL after reading about the new expansion (so psyched! sounds amazing). I started a game of Earth 18 civs and I'm playing as Persia. Well, Saladin founded Judaism, and it spread to my lands, Russia, and Germany. It cracks me up. I'll never get why that kind of thing bothers people in this game.

I just felt like it was a letdown when my Roman cities were building East Asian stupas.

Are you also disappointed if they're building churches prior to ~400 AD? ;)

I do think pagan temples could be a cool addition. Although, I suppose they do have some (sorta) as wonders (Stonehenge, Temple of Zeus/Artemis, Parthenon, Oracle, etc). They should add the Pantheon, too, imo.

Anybody else really like the idea that now you can choose which religion you want to found when you're the first to research each of the required techs?

Well - step in the right direction, but IMHO it would make more sence if religions are founded by great prophets.( but I have not sleepless nights because of this :) )

Personally, I would have preferred different bonuses and handicaps for religions, but that will never happen.

Never lol
Firaxis would get blown up!

Kinda don't like it...

I like things to be a bit more historically accurate...

"The only difference between the various religions I can think of is the resource that gives 100% bonus to their version of the cathedral and that reduces the basic 300 hammer cost a lot. So when you found your religions just check which resources you have from stone/ marble/ copper."

Hey thats a good point. This change makes cultural victory slightly more useful.

I like it. It's a cheap, ahistorical fix, however it will probably work well.

Since they removed all differences between the religions you're not really playing anywhere near realistically as an Islamic/Jewish/Christain state, so why preserve the historical pretense?

I don't like it.I like historical accuracy when possible.What's the point to found Christianity with Meditation or Islamism with Polyteism.....if it was a remedy to not have all games with Buddha/Indù civs it isn't the right tool.
btw, i'm hopeful that with all these gameplay tweaks perhaps something will be done to tweak religion spreading

I know I'll always pick Christianity though..

Islamic Scotland seems weird to me!

I just dusted off WL after reading about the new expansion (so psyched! sounds amazing). I started a game of Earth 18 civs and I'm playing as Persia. Well, Saladin founded Judaism, and it spread to my lands, Russia, and Germany. It cracks me up. I'll never get why that kind of thing bothers people in this game.

Are you also disappointed if they're building churches prior to ~400 AD? ;)

I do think pagan temples could be a cool addition. Although, I suppose they do have some (sorta) as wonders (Stonehenge, Temple of Zeus/Artemis, Parthenon, Oracle, etc). They should add the Pantheon, too, imo.

I've been lobbying since the games was only a few months old for them to add the Greco-Roman religion.

Top Bottom