1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Report Thread

Discussion in 'Fallout: The Rebirth Of Civilization' started by Thorgrimm, Jan 8, 2007.

1. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

Hey Thor, got to try the 1.09 version as BOS and it crashes after 2108. Is it on me, or a bug to be fixed?

2. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Flame, did it give you an error message? So far only three people have reported crashes, so I have no idea whay it is crashing, beyond the rt click on the buildings in the city screen, I have no idea why it is doing it. There is no crashes on my comp. :confused:

:nuke: Þórgrímr :nuke:

3. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

Thor, I don't know about Flame, but it seems to happen ALWAYS happen to me when I'm just ONE turn behind completing the Cathedral. Flame, you're going to build a wonder next turn?

OBS: Hey Thor, can you please check The Cathedral small-wonder? Maybe there's something wrong there. That bug is not happening anymore, unless if I got near to build that Cathedral.

4. (O)ndatra

(O)ndatra Warlord

And to me it was hapening, when I was finishing corporal punisment. I think, ther problem not in wonder, but in end of building anything.

5. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

Corporal Punishiment here is okay. I'm building lots of it. After the first wave of that bug, the Cathedral now simply glitchs my Civ and crash to desktop. Weird.

6. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

Had the mystery crash as well just now, right at finishing the cathedral...

7. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

Hmmm... so, it means that 'we got it?'

8. Flamand

There seems to be some wrong spelling in some files (Apocalyps, without 'e'), but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Edit: I reloaded and changed production from the Cathedral to a settler and there was no crash. I think the best way to solve it is to delete the wonder and re-enter it from scratch...

Edit: Second mystery crash in 2186. No idea what happened, but no cathedral are involved...

9. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

Well... there's two crashes... the mystery one, where I solved by putting everything on wealth, and the Cathedral one.

10. flamescreen

No Cathedral for me, just mystery.
    i'll try the wealth solution for it.

11. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

I am literally stumped as to why these crashes are occurring. It seems more random than pattern recognizable. Maybe try removing the Cathedral as a test, but to have the changes take effect you need to restart the mod.:(

12. AncientOne

AncientOne Johnny Juwarra

here's the report i have delayed so long time

13. flamescreen

For the moment wealthifying seems to work. For the record, I was building the Cathedral, but it wasn't close to completion.

14. ChubbyPitbull

ChubbyPitbull Chieftain

For the peopel crashing when finishing a building, are there any units present in the city when the improvement finishes?

15. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

Yes, there are units with me.

And AncientOne, that's a great report! How you got the Vault Dwellers SO big So quickly?

16. AncientOne

AncientOne Johnny Juwarra

well.. my tactics is in large scale village building in beginning (only way i see possible as a vaulters to stay as strong as others).. but, yeah.. there was a period where it caused serious money problems.. for my luck i had already researched Mil Stores Reclamation (you know.. there's one good thing when playing as vaulters.. in every age they get free tech.. and in second age, if i remember correctly, it was the prequisite tech for mil. stores reclamation.. so you can easily be first civ to have powerarmors.. yeah, NCR got them soon after me).. Ok, now.. i got huge money problems, but had quite good army, so i dropped research to zero and dedicated to creating so big army that can go against NCR, and same time protect the border of E.O.T.C.. and then came the age of great conquest. Afterwards, i don't know if it is because i built needed trade improvements, or is there some tech that gives greater income.. at least after some time, i could rise research higher again.. offcourse i also used the oportunity to blackmail the tech from weakened civs
    And, fo real.. this report shows the expansion and war tactics.. but actually up to second half of the second age i had really difficulties to manage all.. there was some minor accidents, when NCR, robots and mutants tried to invade my villages.. sometimes they took one, but worst was that, when they declared war, they started massive pillaging movement across my land.. mostly they had quite large number of troops and i only had minor setbacks cuz my units were better.

Also i'd quess that i can't have so much luck in every game.. maybe in the next.. i'll be forced into corner quicly

17. Flamand

I'm pretty far into a new game as the muties. I edited out the cathedral and gave the abilities of the cathedral to the FEV vats. So far half way in the second age I easily wiped out the vaulties, the bots and the mob without loosing one single unit. You gotta love those flamers... ;)
    And all of that without mystery crash, so I guess the cathedral is the problem...

18. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

Can please you upload a rar or zip with that edited file? I'll try this one and see if the Cathedral is REALLY the problem.

19. Flamand

Sure, here you go...

Attached Files:

20. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

But you built cities on fertile, good places, or just built cities anywhere on the desert?