1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Report Thread

Discussion in 'Fallout: The Rebirth Of Civilization' started by Thorgrimm, Jan 8, 2007.

1. AncientOne

AncientOne Johnny Juwarra

well, i prefered fertile lands in the westcoast, but to make expansion smaller for robots, i also had to settle the desertland (even few of these desert cities grow big and productive parts of the border defence)
    ..oh and how i expanded so fast.. well, vault citizens need only 2 population..
    ..another thing.. first i dedicated my ressources to build troops to destroy the barbarian nests, and also to conquer few villages from tribes.. but even then, all the time at least 1 of my ownbuilt (these were mostly older and more productive) villages trained vault citizen

2. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Flamand, did you see a reason why the cathedral would crash your games? I STILL haven't had the mystery crash, or the missing unit-rush crash. :confused:

3. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

Nope, no reason found. I didn't try rushing yet...

4. SWalker

SWalker Warlord

5. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

Well guys... I'm having some problems with civ, but they're fixed right now. So, I'm going to test stuff.

6. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Do me a favor and switch to testing the Enclave would you? I think they have not been tested yet and we need to see how they perform in the newest update. :)

:nuke: Þórgrímr :nuke:

7. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

Hmmm... okay, there's no one to test the Enclave, right? Bessides, the Enclave friggin' rocks! They don't babysit you, they just come with their ultra-well trained bunchs of powered armor wackos with impossible-heavy weaponry. And THEM, they scrap what REMAINED of ye from the walls.

The problem is: I'm having MORE Civilization glitchs. Musta be my NVIDIA video card, I think. I created a thread about it on the support forum, if someone can help, please post it, BECAUSE I'm WANTING SO BADLY TO PLAY CIVILIZATION!!!

8. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

You know, a early lesson that I've learned in life is: "If it's not moving, poke it with a stick":D .

I've finished that Enclave game! Here, I'll send the report. Sorry for being ausent. I was computer-less for almost all of July. Hey, at least ALL bugs on my computer have been fixed, civ III is running okay, and I got 2 gigs of RAM now! My computer is hellish fast!

Oh, and lest we forget:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/69444/The_History_of_The_Enclave.rar

Yes, that's right, a actual report! Now go outside and search for the Harley comet!

That's it. Nothing else to see here. Move around people, move around.

9. AncientOne

Reporting that Tribals have power armor mk2 (i saw that they had even two of these) as starting unit.. no wonder they were so strong and destroyed vaulters and bots in every one of my games.
    Another thing.. bots have granary and corporal punishment

And i'm still at the beginning of my testgame.. this week i can test only small time of the day.. having exams.. but from the mid next week i should have much more time to test and make gfx.

10. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

No, they sould not have that. I must have missed those in my removal of units. When you remove a unit from the editor all units on the map shift to the next lowest one. So I had to redo all the units deployed. Where were those two PA's located at so I can remove them?

As for wiping out civs, yeah the tribals can and will do that. I even know the pattern they use to do it. And it surprised and delighted me when I saw the AI doing it to. :cool:

11. AncientOne

i think they are not located, but given to them in the scenario's properties.. but if they are placed in some of the villages, then i don't know.. i tested as bots and these two guys just run over all barb cams near my areas,.. taking all the fun i could have had of killing these scorpions..
    oh and by the way.. should i make cave or nest for creatures or will we replace these critters with raiders

12. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

These soldiers in power armor are right where the Fifth Tribal village is supposed to be. The villagre is NOT there. How can I add cities and units in the Editor?

That's 100% truth. I've saw Tribals wiping out the Vault Dwellers AND the Bots in a game I had with the BOS once! Althrough they can't build cities, if they get enough cities, these tribals can make a infinite army of tribals. Believe me, I've fought them once with the Vault Dwellers. Pretty much lost my game bacause of that, they LOVE to pillage my tiles!

13. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Thanks for the location. I knew I was forgetting something. :)

I am gonna be working on the BIQ to get rid of the problems you and Ancient One have reported. Give me a day to post the new BIQ.

As for the Tribals, yup, the pillaging is how they eventually win. They remove the access to the resources the main civs need to grow and then overwhelm the pitiful forces the civs can produce with no resources by sheer numbers. I was freakin delighted when I saw them do that. Since that is what I had hoped they would do. :lol:

14. AncientOne

I tested with bots whole day. Everything seems ok so far. Early on i captured most easten city of the tribals, and requested another on the peace negotiations (that was not the best thing to do, explain later).. soon i started war with vaulters and conquered two of their cities. But i don't have enough power yet to go against muties.. although with a production like they have, i believe, i soon may think about it. Should bots have regular primitive factory and theyr own EOTC Small Factory.
    Things with money were not that good, and that also was the main reason for going against tribals as soon as i got to them.. more cities brought more income. But as i said requesting another city from the tribals was bad idea,.. as it was too away to bring a defence there, so i started building a bot in this same city. But then, deathclaws appeared, and as this city was also in the area, not yet cleared from barb camps, these bastards took all my over 5000 caps that i had got from the trades (i traded techs for lot's of money and maps).
    And for a moment i even had time, when i had to disband some of my units and change production to wealth.. and offcourse take down scientific research. Now, things have got better again, i build often new cities, and rised research to 30 or 40 %.
    I have contacts with everyone, and their maps, so i know early in the game how strong someone is. So far, like in every last one of my games, again NCR expand like a epidemic. Yet, this time BOS may offer some resistance to them. Before i marched against Vault, also they were quite vastly expanding. Muties have yet only 5 cities, but i believe, i should turn my main forces against them soon. I think, that Enclave may have too many barb camps around it. Oh and Shi is showing lots of activity this time.

+ i found that scoutbot facility is creating scurry bots instead scout bots

15. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Ancient One, good report. But how are the tech costs? Do they seem ok? Too high? Or too low? Also, what about the Bot unit costs? Now for that keep in mind they have some of the best units so should be just a wee bit more pricey. :D

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

16. AncientOne

well, tech costs are fine.. at least for my taste (i like to play long.. that it takes almost forever to get something new). And as i told before, i lost my money and because of that had to take research to zero for some time.. but still, as i scouted much, and therefore found many goodies, that gave me little head start. Now most of the civs are at the same point and NCR even had one additional tech. And, you know, i like competition.
    Units costs are maybe even bit too low, but then again, i'm just at the beginning + bots should have quite formidable industry and troop production.

And i remember, when i tested with vaulters, i loved that bots had something to put against me.. i gathered lots of troops and still i didn't dare to start a war.. so they did that. And even as i lastly overrun them, they reisted fiercefully and even took back few cities i had captured.

17. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Sounds great. I am happy with the tech costs to. :D But I do remember testers who are no longer here used to complain they were too expensive. But it is 1000 turns long, so the costs balance out to that length. At least to me that is. :lol:

Ok, any suggestions on tweaking the Bot unit costs?

18. AncientOne

let me test some further.. doesn't know yet, if it needs changing

19. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

I eagerly await your report.:D

20. AncientOne

Now.. as playing with bots, i think at least security bot and bot rifleman (haven't got better units yet) would require higher cost (they should depend on their high industry not low costs).. but again,.. when you play against them, i think this would be cool that they have low costs.
    So i ask from everyone who gets to fight against bots, what do you guys think. I think i will try now some other faction too.. and specially go against bots,.. and then maybe i change these costs for bots and see if they stand a chance against muties.